With me not caring anymore.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not negative, i never have been!

Plus my love of the club faded after i worked there.

was it kind of like when they say "never meet your heroes"?

i try not to talk to the players in the gym - it's rare you're not disappointed in some way when you do

the exceptions to this, believe it or not would have to be.......

Lee Hughes

and

Clyde Wijnhard :lol:

both great lads with something to say :lol:

Can somebody tell me how you would entice me back to Latics, i see you all writing chuff about absolutely anything that may have something to do with Latics.

Royle Army i dont know who you are but i dont even bother reading half the stuff on, who cares about Lee Hughes?

Now, come on good folk tell me why the hell should i pay £20 to watch 3rd Division football?

And as a side note Razza, naked cheerleaders at half time wont work, im normally more interested in pies.

Beardy Beardy, where for art thou Beardy??!!!

Jeez I thought you'd left the country!!

Where have you been hiding?

I've (sort of) missed your warped conversations! :unsure:

The football is more enjoyable this season but the atmospheres around the ground is still just as negative as usual, the constant moans groans and boos around me was depressing when we were 1 - 0 down to Bournemouth last weekend, its things like that which stop me going so much now. The team are not even allowed to be 1 - 0 down or sometimes even 0 - 0 for the slating to start.

I don't live in Oldham but in my 15 years or so of going the games I get the impression that everyone is getting more miserable? A few years ago people could have a laugh and the expectations were never this high, its sad:(

spot on was having the same chat on saturday there is no atmosphere at all and as you say all moans and groans the crowd only bucked up when we scored and got behind the team,now surely people can understand that we need that support from kick off and not just when we score,the football is better and having a good sing and cheering on the lads makes for a far more enjoyable day than just sitting there listening to others moaning

spot on was having the same chat on saturday there is no atmosphere at all and as you say all moans and groans the crowd only bucked up when we scored and got behind the team,now surely people can understand that we need that support from kick off and not just when we score,the football is better and having a good sing and cheering on the lads makes for a far more enjoyable day than just sitting there listening to others moaning

The last time I remember there being a real atmosphere at BP would of being under Dowie... I can't remember a game since which I would say had a proper atmosphere...

The last time I remember there being a real atmosphere at BP would of being under Dowie... I can't remember a game since which I would say had a proper atmosphere...

I remember it being often a :censored:e atmosphere under Dowie, particularly during 23 Home Games we failed to win during his tenure!

Games that stand out since..

Celebration Sunday (For 45 minutes)

City in the FA Cup

Bradford last day

5-0 v Forest

Blackpool in Play Offs

3-1 v Tranmere

4-1 v Huddersfield

Any time Ronnie returned

Only Highlights for me since the Lookers was dropped have been the return of Joe and The Dodger..

Atmosphere dropped a bit when the Chaddy became all-seater, but TTA killed it with their premature vandalisation of the ground...

For me, dropping the broadway stand was definitely the turning point re the atmosphere dropping

same for me to.sat near people who really cared for the club.didnt have to listen to the :censored: i hear now.the ground looks crap.a lot more could have been done.than looking at a car park.

Still remember there being a "buzz"...

I suppose, I went to 50 games that season, away days were fantastic and far more enjoyable! Looking forward to my first away trip this season next Tuesday then two trips to London for the Brentford and Daggers games.

The home games are the same flat experiences they were last season. The performances are better but I regret getting a ST in the Main STand Paddock, should have stayed in the Chaddy End

Edited by oafcprozac

I suppose, I went to 50 games that season, away days were fantastic and far more enjoyable! Looking forward to my first away trip this season next Tuesday then two trips to London for the Brentford and Daggers games.

The home games are the same flat experiences they were last season. The performances are better but I regret getting a ST in the Main STand Paddock, should have stayed in the Chaddy End

The club will swap it if you ask I reckon...

The football is more enjoyable this season but the atmospheres around the ground is still just as negative as usual, the constant moans groans and boos around me was depressing when we were 1 - 0 down to Bournemouth last weekend, its things like that which stop me going so much now. The team are not even allowed to be 1 - 0 down or sometimes even 0 - 0 for the slating to start.

I don't live in Oldham but in my 15 years or so of going the games I get the impression that everyone is getting more miserable? A few years ago people could have a laugh and the expectations were never this high, its sad:(

The atmoshere is still poor but i dont think it quite as negative. The players get clapped when warming down nowadays and the draws against Yeovil and Rovers would have seen mass booing at the final whistle last season. your right though the groaners are still there but i do think there are a larger number of fans at least trying to be more positive.

I don't even think it's about spending £20/18 on a ticket anymore. It's about what you do with your time.

Some days i'd rather be in the pub with mates spending my £20 on beer, watching Jeff Stelling whilst playin darts/pool and totting up my fantasy footy points.

You know when a baby is born and you had a hand in that baby?

Im not a doom and gloomer by any stretch of the imagination, i just get bored :censored:less reading crap about non stories and then seeing people quabble about who is a superior fan because they attend every game in a season.

My point is that last season i was dissapointed and i wanted to get to more games, i couldnt and we were cack which i felt relieved about, also it bolstered my coffers, my problem is with the more cash i saved i dont mind spending it at latics if i get a good experience.

And i dont just mean from the team, my son is 6 he came with me to the yeovil game and to be quite honest i wont be taking him again, not just for the match but for the idiots (chavs) sat in the Rocky, non stop swearing and pointless singing about teams that have no connection with us whatsoever, granted that will continue but its not what i want him to hear at a game.

Plus he likes Citeh, all his mates support them so i want to take him more regular and make sure he enjoys it, the club arent really trying that hard to entice the kids in more are they?

a) I cannot believe you have the guile to criticise others for singing irrelevant songs and swearing a lot

B) Is people trying to outdo each other with how good a fan they are because the attend all games nearly as annoying as people trying to outdo each other about how little they care about going any more?

Edited by maddog

There is usually a few seats spare in the upper.. granted its still full of moaning, but it is better than the paddock, couldnt stand 45 minutes in the paddock against charlton last season, let alone being in paddock for a season..

Now, come on good folk tell me why the hell should i pay £20 to watch 3rd Division football?

You miserable sod! count yourself lucky you can get down to watch your home town team for such a sum, I know if I still lived in Oldham i'd be there week in week out

You could always come over to Morecambe and pay the same for fourth division football instead if you like????? :unsure:

was it kind of like when they say "never meet your heroes"?

i try not to talk to the players in the gym - it's rare you're not disappointed in some way when you do

the exceptions to this, believe it or not would have to be.......

Lee Hughes

and

Clyde Wijnhard :lol:

both great lads with something to say :lol:

Don't believe you. Clive Wijnhard has never seen a gym, nor a salad, nor his own cock, for a long time.