Stephens - time for a rest?

he has looked below standards for a few games now, a rest would do him good.

No need to panic yet although he hasn't been as effective as his first 2 games he is always an outlet for a pass and gets us out of trouble with his class ball control. His final ball and decision making has been lacking but no need to unsettle him and furman yet they compliment each other well. Just gaining more respect from opposition. Mvoto mom tonight Taylor looked more promising central. Although rarely threatening a good team performance!

Edited by Blue_Guru

Tough one regards Stephens, I'm one of his biggest fans, but haven't seen a game since Tranmere until tonight where he confirmed what people on here have been saying. I'd personally stick Jones in the middle or give Christophe a go and give Dale a games rest but that wouldn't really be giving Jones/Christophe long enough to prove themselves.

true it could be that one vital pass that gets us a goal.. but does look abit tired, would be sensible to rest him. give jones a go in the centre...

If he's tired now I dread to think what he will be like in the last third of the season.

Didn't go tonight (yeah, yeah, I know) but reports saying he had another average game.

Anyone else think he'd benefit from 3 or so games on the bench to think about things?

Jones, Christophe or Jarret alongside Furman - Taylor on the right Alessandra on the left?

Difficult one with this. I posted on this in the MoTM thread.

I feel that Dale would benefit from a “rest” or as I would phrase it; being dropped. But, I guess it is a balancing act as the Stephens / Furman partnership has served us well so far (admitted with less imput from Dale of recent games but still...)

Last night he was poor; actually scratch that – he was awful; our worst player out on the pitch. No witch-hunt is needed for the lad, but after setting such high standards in the first 3 games of the season; performances like last night just shouldn’t be acceptable – he passed more the Weds players than he did to his own team-mates!!

For me; I think PD should make a change – either Christophe into CM or Jones switched inside to the centre & Millar onto the right. I would be loath to move Taylor to the right after last night’s performance through the centre, so Millar gets the nod on that basis.

Guess we’ll see come sat; though I expect PD to keep faith and for Stephens to start again – I would do it differently; but I’m not the manager!!!

Didn't go tonight (yeah, yeah, I know) but reports saying he had another average game.

Anyone else think he'd benefit from 3 or so games on the bench to think about things?

Jones, Christophe or Jarret alongside Furman - Taylor on the right Alessandra on the left?

If Stephens was to be rested I'd like to see Lee moved into midfield and Dikaba at right back.

Boss am tired of driving this truck today been at it now for 2 hours and been working all week with just the weekend off can I have a break i know its only Monday morning but!!!!!!!! REST come on chaps he s a proffesional footballer paid to be fit and up 4 it! and its early season I d give anything to Play football for a living :unsure::unsure:

Boss am tired of driving this truck today been at it now for 2 hours and been working all week with just the weekend off can I have a break i know its only Monday morning but!!!!!!!! REST come on chaps he s a proffesional footballer paid to be fit and up 4 it! and its early season I d give anything to Play football for a living :unsure::unsure:

You are looking at this from the wrong angle, it's not about physical fitness..........ask yourself whether Stephens deserves his place in the starting line-up and would the team be improved if he was "rested"?

It's like your boss offering you a group bonus for productivity and you collectively falling short because one driver was not performing.....you'd be a bit narked with that one driver!!!

You are looking at this from the wrong angle, it's not about physical fitness..........ask yourself whether Stephens deserves his place in the starting line-up and would the team be improved if he was "rested"?

It's like your boss offering you a group bonus for productivity and you collectively falling short because one driver was not performing.....you'd be a bit narked with that one driver!!!

Looking at it like that I see where your coming fromand possible does need a time out and his place given to somebody busting to put a performance in :grin: