Before my time.

You'd have liked it there, particularly in the early days.

The banter with reasonable fans from other teams is fine, it's just it got completely uncontrolled.

I have been away for a week, and was reflercting how I actually spend less and less time on here sometimes.

Of course Latics info is first, but like in any pub, you mull over the other things in life, and the humour.

It seems to be lacking recently.

A bit like Lord of The Flies feel to it!

I suspect, it's since Leeslover went abroad, myself... :grin:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys.. I started this thread for 2 reasons.. one to put the record straight and to blow out some chinese whispers I have heard and seen posted over the social networks and two to allow some frustrations from all parties to be aired.

Its not about back slapped either... its nice to be hated at home, work, rest and play :grin:

if i could be bothered id check the Middlesbro and Southampton sites, OWTB is probably taking a pasting on them aswell

and yes bring him back for one last night, what a horrible site that is to keep checking

well done to the mods on here, you do a cracking job, respect to all of you

my first game since Stockport at home last season tomorrow, if i see any of you ill buy you a pint

Owtb as lost its fun element, this has happened for many reasons - recently I have taken the step of stopping RoyleArmy from posting on owtb. This is the first time I have singled out a member who has been banned but there seems to be chinese whispers making mountains out of mole hills about this in true Latic fan fashion.

Chinese whispers from what?

I thought you'd and others had met RA? I couldn't see how he wasn't a WUM but accepted it as people had said they'd met him and he was just different, in which the case, its a bit harsh banning him ..?

First of all a big thank you to all the boys who run the site. From the comments made the site is excellent for many fans who feel exiled for one reason or another. Many friends have been made through the site and good ideas are generated which make for good intelligent conversation.

The future of the site is paramount and the comments made by Rick cannot be faulted. There is no doubt that control is essential if the site is to function to good purpose.

I have discussed the problems long and hard with Rick A. regarding Royle Army and as he says there are many other issues that he would not want to go into. On a personal level I have never found RA abusive or difficult to deal with. He abuses the PM system and I have accomodated him on numerous occasions. Having said that I have done so out of compassion at times.

Rick to a greater extent has accommodated him and I know that he feel badly let down by RA who never heeds the advice he is given.

In defence of him he is not the only person who has acted out of turn on the site but fortunately many posters have the mental ability to know how far to go and when to withdraw and sometimes make apology. Unofrtunately it appear that RA does not possess such skills.

I have little doubt that mental health issues and learning difficulites play a part in the problem and I do not think he will blame me for mentioning this as he has done so himself in the past.

We have to tolerate people from every walk of life without prejudice. I make little apology for expressing some sorrow regtarding RA and am saddened by what has had to occur. On the other hand I know Rick and the moderators have had to make a tough decision irrespective of my views or anyone elses.

I fully support the boys in their decisions but do not rejoice at the demise of RA. Like many of us he has many faults but unfortunately his intrude on he private lives of others.

Thanks boys for the time you give to OWTB. The site has to be biggger than any one individual.

Just had a quick read.

It is a bit of a honeypot thread...

It's not hard to spot who has a problem with authority figures, even as official as a mod on a forum.

I'd like rudemedic's opinion on how much stress (like not being able to use a messageboard) could trigger an asthma attack.

What is not known is that a Mod was recently defending RoyleArmy in a PM from a perceived attack, so I know it must have got bad to take the action they did.

Just had a quick read.

It is a bit of a honeypot thread...

It's not hard to spot who has a problem with authority figures, even as official as a mod on a forum.

I'd like rudemedic's opinion on how much stress (like not being able to use a messageboard) could trigger an asthma attack.

What is not known is that a Mod was recently defending RoyleArmy in a PM from a perceived attack, so I know it must have got bad to take the action they did.

perceived attack?

perceived attack?

Yes, he thought I said one thing, but misread what I wrote, which he perfectly graciously accepted.

I will miss RoyleArmy in general. Although he did seem to get over involved and given 50 PM's a day I think the Mods have been right in their course of action. He was becmoming the news rather than reportig what went on at training and the latest "rumour"

Yes, he thought I said one thing, but misread what I wrote, which he perfectly graciously accepted.

I will miss RoyleArmy in general. Although he did seem to get over involved and given 50 PM's a day I think the Mods have been right in their course of action. He was becmoming the news rather than reportig what went on at training and the latest "rumour"

what's to miss?

IMO very annoying at first then just tolerated. can't say i will miss him.

He got a remarkable amount right.

(and what he got wrong was invariably mistaken identity)

But 50 PMs in a day? I think I buy the decision to remove.

I like him. He sat at the top table of OWTB with me and StitchKTF.

But even I can't agree with the bit in bold.

He got a remarkable amount right.

(and what he got wrong was invariably mistaken identity)

But 50 PMs in a day? I think I buy the decision to remove.

At times, wardle had gotten home from work to over 40 in his inbox, and that was not including PM's sent to the other mods (of which Zorrro and Ackey kopped for a fair few)

internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

I think we should all listen to serious cat, he knows the score.

I spend far too much time reading this board and at first RA was a bit odd then he started getting an enormous amount of stuff right, but if you throw enough mud eventually some sticks. It was posted that Smalley might have been his contact, it did seem that he was getting info from within the club, if I was in that position I would be straight on here posting it.

However, at times I would see a thread title and think "ooh, I want to read that" but see the author and decide against it as 95% would be waffle which to be fair is only 3% higher than most threads.

Message boards are a strange world, especially special interest boards like this one. I'm sure a board for left handed paper folders from Madagascar has more members and it is a shame we can't all get along (peace and love man) but that's life.