ESPN America

Sky: 430, HD 431

Virgin: 531

Thursday

5pm - Hurricanes 'at' Wild (Helsinki)

3am - Blackhawks at Avalanche

Friday

5pm - Wild 'at' Hurricanes (Helsinki)

8pm - Blue Jackets 'at' Sharks (Stockholm)

12am - Ducks at Red Wings

Saturday

5pm - Coyotes 'at' Bruins (Prague)

8pm - Sharks 'at' Blue Jackets (Stockholm)

1:30am - Red Wings at Blackhawks

Sunday

3pm - Bruins 'at' Coyotes (Prague)

1am - Kings at Flames

Monday

6pm - Rangers at Islanders

Tuesday

3.30am - Thrashers at Kings

Wednesday

12.30am - Maple Leafs at Penguins

Coconuts go.

<_<

Well, thats a fantastic start to the season for all our teams.

Good to know some things never change. The Ducks still have absolutely no D. Lets replace Scott Niedermeyer with a 18 year old. Ah well... can only get better...

Things can only get better. We hit the post four times on Thursday night!

Right I thought Niedermayer had retired. Then I saw him on waivers so thought I'd pick him up. Why is he on the ESPN game at all?! Bit of a dropped bollock there...

Also struggling with the fact that I'm happy the Wings won - Datsyuk with a goal and assist, Zetterberg and Rafalski with assists too.

Oh, and Howard got a shut out. Sometimes you have to take opportunities when they're there Dave :wink:

Two road wins for Dallas :grin: It would be very nice to get a win on Thursday though for a few reasons. A) home opener B ) its against the wings C) Its Modano's first return to Dallas D) if we win it will be 3 in a row, something we failed to do last season

Shame to see the Devs lose their second game against the caps, can't put anything on the opening weekend and i still fully expect Dallas to miss the play offs (D was poor again in both games) and for me to be cheering on New Jersey at that point

Edited by BJBlue

Sweet baby Jesus. What a :censored:ty start. I also seem to have a terrible fantasy team... even when they played I got naff all points.

You are a proper fantasy sport grump aren't ya?

Trust me mate, i'm sure there will be long periods of the season where we will all do bugger all, theres no way i'm going to remember to change my team every night of the season. I'd imagine the eventual winner will come down to luck, and ultimately who has the most players still playing at the end of the playoffs....

Theres about a billion points up for grabs so being 40 behind now aint much gravy...

As for real hockey. <_<

Is it just me, or would the fantasy league be better if you could only play 6 skaters per day (goalie, 2 D and 3 attackers). At the moment, the only think we have to do is check who is playing and make sure you have them dressed for the correct day. If you could only select 6 players, you would have to select who you thought would do best, and then there would be a bit more judgment involved.

Indeed!

I guess it's more tricky if you're in a bigger league as you will have less players who are actually pulling 20-25min ice time a game.

Also, Dev's suck. This could be our first playoff-free season for a decade. :'(

Indeed!

I guess it's more tricky if you're in a bigger league as you will have less players who are actually pulling 20-25min ice time a game.

Also, Dev's suck. This could be our first playoff-free season for a decade. :'(

Yes, but the Ducks really suck - outshot 54-14 last night...

Suppose thats what happens when an already pretty crappy defence loses its two best players....

By the way. I have bought the new IceTime app... stupid but true, but it is pretty darn good. Listened to the Ducks live last night on the Iphone, and then watched the goals/major incidents as they are loaded up about two minutes after each happened... not bad really...

I've started paying enough attention to keep my players in the team when they're actually playing, which has helped.

However it appears that I may pay dearly for not knowing the rules from the start.

Long time to make up for previous mistakes, I'm sure we'll all forget to make changes along the way.

I think it worthy of note as well today that the Devils last night played out the first 0-0 draw of the season. Riveting as always :wink: