NHL 2010/11

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're talking about the playoffs! :lol:

We're the hottest team in the NHL over ten games.

Astonishing turnaround really. It's like West Ham going on a six game winning run and beating Arsenal and Spurs on the way!

Just in-front of the Ducks!

Its not that surprising though is it. Its more like a couple of seasons back when 'arry took over spurs when they were rock bottom, and suddenly mid-table by the end of the season.

16 points to make up in 30-odd games though.... errr, no way bucko (no matter how bad/inconsistent the east is at the mo). However, you never know now Kovy is on fire!!! :wink:

To be honest we just need a good run. We're clearly going to have to win every single game to make the post season and even then it wouldn't be nailed on, so that's not happening.

However we're a notoriously under-supported team and so it's key now to just play some winning hockey and get people back on side.

Not hard done. We're a team that lacks support, comparable to Latics I suppose. For the size of the state and that fact we're it's most successful sports franchise (ignoring the New York .... teams who play in Jersey) in that state we don't even pull in 20,000.

It's not a hard done by thing, just that some good hockey to end the season will prevent the ST sales from falling too much and keep the balance.

Jacques Lemaire :imnotworthy:

What was a great bit of fun in the Bruins/Habs game this week got ugly and cringeworthy in that Bruins/Penguins game last night. Huge repercussions on their way.

Gonna try and watch Flames v Canucks live tonight, Calgary have taken points in all of their last 10 games, while Luongo hasn't lost in regulation for 9 weeks. Gonna be ace.

Gonna try and watch Flames v Canucks live tonight, Calgary have taken points in all of their last 10 games, while Luongo hasn't lost in regulation for 9 weeks. Gonna be ace.

And what do those franchises also have in common? They have both been beaten by the Ducks in the last few days... :) Schneider was in net as you say, but hell, we were without Hiller too.

Just finished watching the Ducks V Flames... wasnt the greatest of games but two awesome pieces of play from Selanne and Fowler. Fowlers performance in overtime was immense. That kid is going to be a special player. Surely a future Norris Trophy winner...

As for the flames, workmanlike, ordinary, boring. The Ducks won even with our big line playing like they had never even met before. (saying that, our third line has stepped up markedly recently) Even with thier current run i'd be surprised if they make postseason. The 'nucks is a different matter....

... and just to say to Josh - 9 goals!!!, against the islanders!!!

.... Oh and, for those involved - back on form in the old fantasy hockey :) ... not least helped by Kovy realising he is actually a decent hockey player again...

.... Oh and, for those involved - back on form in the old fantasy hockey :) ... not least helped by Kovy realising he is actually a decent hockey player again...

Stayed up for the last 2 Devils games, and quite a few recently, and Kovy has been quality. The OT goal against Toronto was sweet, and beating the Sharks was particularly pleasing (cos they are quality.)

Not been updating my fantasy hockey team... I forgot to update it for a few weeks and the Devils started winning so I won't be updating it whilst we are still hot!

Keep this up and talk of the playoffs doesn't sound as ridiculous as it probably should!

Edited by dave_ragg1984

I missed Marty and we got dicked 4-0 - you'll get over it.

If it's any consolation I missed Marty too.

I couldn't believe it on Friday night, for the monumental waste Kovy has been all season, they absolutely worship him in NJ. Even before the game, when his name was read out the crowd cheered it twice as loud as anyone else.

Oh, and every point me and AA have made over the last couple of years vindicated, the Devils really are so bloody boring :wink:

Quite clearly im not a regular contributor to this thread (i don't mind hockey, just no real love for the sport) but i saw this and thought id put it up for those that have not seen this yet(though all of you seem pretty clued up on your NHL and have probably seen or heard about it):

I was going to stick it in a thread of it's own but thought it's best off going in here. From what i can gather the Pens arent a well liked team and got what's coming to them?

Consensus over here on the TV channels was that the Isles were a disgrace to the game last week and the league have been way too soft on them.

Was at Boston tonight, check out Grabovski's winner with a minute on the clock, quality. Toronto were surprisingly impressive.

I know what I've said in this thread this season, and pre-2011 I stand by it.

Since then Kovy has been astonishing! Moose looks like a young and reckless Marty and we look solid at the back.

I'll have jinxed it now but man the last few weeks have been a pleasure to behold!

10pts. Who'd of thunk it eh?