NHL 2010/11

I saw St Louis in Buffalo last night (:censored:hole, massive :censored:hole) and they really didn't look anything special.

On a seperate note, I'll now check tonight's NHL scores.

Oh, Allan.

Edited by jsslatic

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what I've said in this thread this season, and pre-2011 I stand by it.

Since then Kovy has been astonishing! Moose looks like a young and reckless Marty and we look solid at the back.

I'll have jinxed it now but man the last few weeks have been a pleasure to behold!

10pts. Who'd of thunk it eh?

Kovy was immense again last night. Devils were quality in the first period. Once it was 3-0 it was never in doubt.

Its a shame Moose is 37 years old!

Yesterdays trade between the Stars and Pens

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=553658&navid=DL|NHL|home

Wide consensus is that the pens easily won this trade but i'm not overly upset about it. Neal is a good young player and will score goals on the crosby line butof our young forwards he was the least talented, he's very streaky and doesn't come up with the goals when you really need them. As for Niskanen, well this is the part of the trade that Dallas fans get to laugh at, he's useless and i can see him being put on waivers before his contract ends in 2012, he was basically a salary dump. The stars save $2.5m next season because of this trade, money that will no doubt go to re-signing Brad Richards and if that happens. We will have won this trade, not the pens.

I like how you go on about winning the Neal trade without any mention of what Goose will bring to the Stars.

Thats a good point, coming in with the points he has this season makes him our best defender straight from the off, he's only 25 so there is more to come from him and we really needed someone on the D who can actually get the puck out of our zone. I watched him play last night (as i foolishly stayed up to watch the game)and even though he looked abit soft at times he was as good as the rest on D, he looked good going forward, had a couple of shots and looked good breaking forward. I am actually pretty excited about him and although he isn't the answer to our defensive woes he is a step in the right direction.

Happy? :D

Thats a good point, coming in with the points he has this season makes him our best defender straight from the off, he's only 25 so there is more to come from him and we really needed someone on the D who can actually get the puck out of our zone. I watched him play last night (as i foolishly stayed up to watch the game)and even though he looked abit soft at times he was as good as the rest on D, he looked good going forward, had a couple of shots and looked good breaking forward. I am actually pretty excited about him and although he isn't the answer to our defensive woes he is a step in the right direction.

Happy? :D

The trade is though in relation to what the teams are looking for. We are desperately short of quality going forward now due to the injury crisis - Neal was available and as you point out will probably score goals on a line with Sid. So we've got our goalscorer and have given up a player who promised a lot but thanks to Letang's remarkable progression this year has become a bit superflous, and with his contract running down it made good business sense to get rid when we had the chance. I think if you're looking at Goose as your best defenseman then you're in trouble, but there you go.

Anyway, Sharks will win the Cup. Jeez, they're a good side.

The trade is though in relation to what the teams are looking for. We are desperately short of quality going forward now due to the injury crisis - Neal was available and as you point out will probably score goals on a line with Sid. So we've got our goalscorer and have given up a player who promised a lot but thanks to Letang's remarkable progression this year has become a bit superflous, and with his contract running down it made good business sense to get rid when we had the chance. I think if you're looking at Goose as your best defenseman then you're in trouble, but there you go.

We are, (2-10-1 in last 13) but we are still in the market for a good shut down D man,if we get new owners cap space may allow a signing next season (doubt we'l get one this season). Also i wasn't saying Pens lost the trade, we both got what we needed by giving up what we didn't. I was just stressing that we havnt been bent over by the Pens like the hockey media say we have

The Sharks wont win the cup. They will self implode into a steaming pile of poo as always as soon as the post-season hits. Even with Niemi in net.

I'd take them in the playoffs. However at the moment I'd take anyone in the playoffs. Except possibly the 'nucks. or the wings. Or the flames. In fact, can we just play eastern conference sides? That would be fun. And before anyone yaks on, I just checked the stats - only one western conference team has a losing record againt the east. Tin-pot conference.

:hooked:

The Sharks wont win the cup. They will self implode into a steaming pile of poo as always as soon as the post-season hits. Even with Niemi in net.

I'd take them in the playoffs. However at the moment I'd take anyone in the playoffs. Except possibly the 'nucks. or the wings. Or the flames. In fact, can we just play eastern conference sides? That would be fun. And before anyone yaks on, I just checked the stats - only one western conference team has a losing record againt the east. Tin-pot conference.

:hooked:

Last 10 Stanley Cup champions... 5 East, 5 West. It's all well and good being the "best" conference during the regular season, but what matters is who wins the cup. And the east does just as good a job as the west at producing Stanley Cup champions.

In the NFL, the AFC is currently regarded as the better conference. And it backs up that claim by providing 7 of the last 10 Superbowl winning teams. The west however, does not back up its claim of being better than the east by producing more champions.

anyone else hear that collective sigh of relief from Pittsburgh earlier?

Crosby has been symptom free for a few days and has started to skate, if theres no set back he could be back in 2-3 weeks.Not a pens fan but nice to see him getting better, can't believe how long he's been out for

Big ol' game for the Devs tonight. Make or Break might be over selling it a little, but it'd be a huge step towards the most unlike post-season appearance ever.

I don't think anyone could begrudge us an appearance now, either... it'd be one hell of a story!

Big ol' game for the Devs tonight. Make or Break might be over selling it a little, but it'd be a huge step towards the most unlike post-season appearance ever.

I don't think anyone could begrudge us an appearance now, either... it'd be one hell of a story!

Oh, I can think of one or two people who would probably begrudge it!