So who's giving out personal details?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you want all ST holders to get an automatic 23 x £4 = £92 discount?

Maybe the increase in season ticket holders may offset that.

From the club's point of view throwing in a freebie programme with a ST is better and far less drastic than the all season tickets for 100 pound idea.

Which is the route Huddersfield and Bradford have gone.

Maybe the increase in season ticket holders may offset that.

From the club's point of view throwing in a freebie programme with a ST is better and far less drastic than the all season tickets for 100 pound idea.

Which is the route Huddersfield and Bradford have gone.

Maybe it will, but I really doubt that,

I would have thought that something on the lines of offering discounts linked to purchases within the ground would have a more beneficial effect, say a free pie if you buy a pint, or a pie if you buy a programme etc etc. Of course, that would be assuming we do make money on increased catering sales.

My reply:-

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the offer of you giving up your time, I'm not exactly sure when I'm free next week, but I will take you up on your kind offer sometime in the near future. As you know there are several issues I wish to clarify not least the perceived lack of marketing from the club, the negativity eminating from the boardroom and the unwillingness to take on the many viable (proven at other clubs) money-making initiatives suggested by fans. As you know many of the concerns I share are indicative of the wider fanbase and have been for a number of years.

Kind Regards

Paul

also

can you bring up the season ticket pro rata, may be monthy adjusted in advance and a big push for christmas for pro rata tickets

Season ticket holders should be entitled to a complimentary matchday program as part of the perk of being a season ticket holder.

I am a season ticket holder and I don't agree. My season ticket already gets me in for £7 per game less than anybody else, along with my seat guaranteed, first choice for cup and away games etc etc. Don't seriously expect the club to throw in a free programme as well...

also

can you bring up the season ticket pro rata, may be monthy adjusted in advance and a big push for christmas for pro rata tickets

I asked before the orient game how much a ST would be for the RRE after that game, i was qouted approx £296

Seeing as though you can get a match ticket before the day of the game for £18 that equates to £324 so i didn't think the saving was that attractive, especially if you miss a game or two through work commitments etc.

No problems with this, and once I know what i'm up to next week, I'll probably take him up on his offer, strange that he didn't contact me on my AOL account - which is the one I have registered on here with.

Hi Paul

I think I am right in assuming that you post as oafcprozac on OWTB.

If this is not the case then please accept my apologies.

However I have read the posts from oafcprozac recently and am concerned about some of the criticism the club and me personally have received.

I would like the opportunity of having a chat with you over a cuppa and discussing some of the points you have raised.

Let me know what day is best for you next week and I will look forward to meeting with you at Boundary Park

Many thanks

Alan

Alan Hardy

Chief Executive / Director

Oldham Athletic AFC

It does seem the club cannot take criticism in any form, anyhow i'll put something together and go and see him in my own time. In the meantime if anyone else has any questions they'd like me to put forward in person, now's your chance!

What ideas/thoughts does the club have in mind, besides ticketing offers, to increase matchday attendances? i.e the matchday experience!

Think offering ST holders a free programme the club could lose to much.. say 2000 ST holders, 2000 x £3 = £6000 x 23 = £138000

The club cant afford to loose that much income during a season surely?

Not every st holder buys a programme and it doesn't cost much to produce them. It would increase readership making it more attractive to advertisers but would probably leave the club out of pocket....

apologies for lack of structure to this post!

Why does everything involve the ticket office......

Vouchers for kids - go to the ticket office

city fans for plymouth - go to the ticket office

main stand on matchday - go to the ticket offie

Bury are allowing anybody in this weekend for £5 if they walk up with a season ticket. I'm going to go just because i have nothing else to do.....would i go if i had to go over and get a ticket beforehand? probably not!!

Like someone else has posted i think - why not travel round the schools selling tickets? Stalls in Oldham? I know when i go to spain, i can get tickets for some games in the local shops. It seems to me that the club is doing its best to come up with ideas to bring people to the games...but they have to visit the club beforehand.....get out there and push people to the ground

When i was a lad, the club arranged our school (and others in the borough) to play a local school of our opponant one saturday and then gave the players a free ticket for the game....I know 2 people who go to today only after their experiance in this type of thing. (FYI - It was norwich in the premier league!)

There's loads of things to do but its clear oldhamers don't want to come to the ground on matchdays - get out there pick them up and push them down sheepfoot lane! When my dad first took me, i wanted to go to liverpool but he dragged me into the main paddock and 20 years later, here i am.

Half time entertainment - wheres the crossbar challange? put something on even if it's just a kids 5 a side! I seem to remember one year - they asked all the local amateur sides to put a sprinter forward and they raced up the pitch (or was i dreaming that!). No offence to the blue crew - but how about some cheerleaders you can have a look at :p!!

Scoreboard - you cant tell me that revenue lost in the last 5 years? would not have paid for a new scoreboard....

It still amazes me that there's no proper matchday bus route straight from places like Moorside, Waterhead, Lees, etc. down to the Latics. There's shedloads of Latics fans up there and most have to get 2 buses, taxis or a lift which sadly puts some off (add in the cost of parking or a smashed window behind the back of B&Q for those with cars). Wouldn't the sight of a Latics fan-bus going through where Latics fans are, painted out in the colours, even playing Mouldy Old Dough as it passes by be one heck of a sight??? Would be another seed of thought in the minds of those staying in pubs that Latics does exist and it's easily available.

apologies for lack of structure to this post!

Why does everything involve the ticket office......

Vouchers for kids - go to the ticket office

city fans for plymouth - go to the ticket office

main stand on matchday - go to the ticket offie

Bury are allowing anybody in this weekend for £5 if they walk up with a season ticket. I'm going to go just because i have nothing else to do.....would i go if i had to go over and get a ticket beforehand? probably not!!

Like someone else has posted i think - why not travel round the schools selling tickets? Stalls in Oldham? I know when i go to spain, i can get tickets for some games in the local shops. It seems to me that the club is doing its best to come up with ideas to bring people to the games...but they have to visit the club beforehand.....get out there and push people to the ground

When i was a lad, the club arranged our school (and others in the borough) to play a local school of our opponant one saturday and then gave the players a free ticket for the game....I know 2 people who go to today only after their experiance in this type of thing. (FYI - It was norwich in the premier league!)

There's loads of things to do but its clear oldhamers don't want to come to the ground on matchdays - get out there pick them up and push them down sheepfoot lane! When my dad first took me, i wanted to go to liverpool but he dragged me into the main paddock and 20 years later, here i am.

Half time entertainment - wheres the crossbar challange? put something on even if it's just a kids 5 a side! I seem to remember one year - they asked all the local amateur sides to put a sprinter forward and they raced up the pitch (or was i dreaming that!). No offence to the blue crew - but how about some cheerleaders you can have a look at :p!!

Scoreboard - you cant tell me that revenue lost in the last 5 years? would not have paid for a new scoreboard....

Some interesting points.

The scoreboard is somethig raised earlier, what sort of money did it raise and what was the cost of operation and repair

Maybe some of the questions could be put beforehand so Alan can get the answers ready

The obsession with the ticket office is one I'd like addressing.

There are three windows, but only two terminals.

Having queued for in excess of four hours on two occasions (City and Blackpool) I don't think I've ever fully forgiven the ticketing set-up at BP. I'll never understand why the club shop couldn't have been used as an extension to the ticket office to reduce that wait.

It's also noticeable that each turnstile accepts a range of admissions, so there's no way the club can reconcile the takings to the number of clicks. So they are wide open to a fiddle on the gate.

And surely a single gate could have been set aside for the £5 season ticket "bring a friend" voucher and same for other incentives.

A mid-week visit to the ticket office is a barrier to admission. A 20 minute wait to get a ticket on matchday is a barrier to admission. Sweep away the barriers and let the world get in to the match with the least resistance.

The obsession with the ticket office is one I'd like addressing.

There are three windows, but only two terminals.

Having queued for in excess of four hours on two occasions (City and Blackpool) I don't think I've ever fully forgiven the ticketing set-up at BP. I'll never understand why the club shop couldn't have been used as an extension to the ticket office to reduce that wait.

It's also noticeable that each turnstile accepts a range of admissions, so there's no way the club can reconcile the takings to the number of clicks. So they are wide open to a fiddle on the gate.

And surely a single gate could have been set aside for the £5 season ticket "bring a friend" voucher and same for other incentives.

A mid-week visit to the ticket office is a barrier to admission. A 20 minute wait to get a ticket on matchday is a barrier to admission. Sweep away the barriers and let the world get in to the match with the least resistance.

When they where selling Wembley tickets they used the turnstile didn't they ?

That four queue was a joke...

Edited by oafc0000

I'd become a member. Don't get season tickets cos I miss too many games due to work. But I'd definitely join a membership scheme.

Also, the crossbar challenge. Make it a fiver a go, 2 season tickets the prize. I reckon there would be a queue and should easily shift 20 to 25 attempts in 15 minutes. That's £100 to £125 extra every home game and let's face it, it'll be a damn miracle if anyone hits it!

Sorry it's taken a while to get to this. I noticed the thread the other day but didn't have chance to reply until now.

I can state categorically that OWTB have not released any personal data to OAFC and would never do so unless legally obliged to do so.

As you say Prozac, if it's not the address which is registered to OWTB then we couldn't have done so even if we wished.

Very few people (not even the Mods, but only the Admins) have access to the personal data of members and certainly no OAFC staff have access (as many will recall I relinquished my access whilst working for OAFC).

Paul, if you have anything you wish to discuss about this please feel free to drop me a PM mate.

It still amazes me that there's no proper matchday bus route straight from places like Moorside, Waterhead, Lees, etc. down to the Latics. There's shedloads of Latics fans up there and most have to get 2 buses, taxis or a lift which sadly puts some off (add in the cost of parking or a smashed window behind the back of B&Q for those with cars). Wouldn't the sight of a Latics fan-bus going through where Latics fans are, painted out in the colours, even playing Mouldy Old Dough as it passes by be one heck of a sight??? Would be another seed of thought in the minds of those staying in pubs that Latics does exist and it's easily available.

Great idea BB80

Paul when you go ask him why are city season ticket fans being given half price tickets for the plymouth game, there saying it because dickov is a ex player and plymouth manager is the city ex manager but why cant they start looking after the oldham fans first. Why should oldham fans pay full price and city fans only pay half price.

Paul when you go ask him why are city season ticket fans being given half price tickets for the plymouth game, there saying it because dickov is a ex player and plymouth manager is the city ex manager but why cant they start looking after the oldham fans first. Why should oldham fans pay full price and city fans only pay half price.

Any extra income or interest can only be a good thing can't it?

I don't think it will be a regular thing so i can't really see the harm in it.

Any extra income or interest can only be a good thing can't it?

I don't think it will be a regular thing so i can't really see the harm in it.

I just think it might p**s more latics fans off than its worth, if there season ticket holders then they wont say next season im gonna stop my season ticket and go and watch oldham are they.