80's Fancy dress ideas

sjk2008

Right, I have a 30th birthday party to attend in December and i'm searching around for fancy dress ideas and the theme is 80's. The mrs is going as David Bowie (dont ask!) so I need something good! Has anyone been to one of this kind before? Anyone else got any suggestions, links??

So far I have found Freddie Mercury, Tom Cruise (Cocktail or Top Gun), one of the Village People, Prince & Timmy Mallett.

Help would be appreciated!!

Right, I have a 30th birthday party to attend in December and i'm searching around for fancy dress ideas and the theme is 80's. The mrs is going as David Bowie (dont ask!) so I need something good! Has anyone been to one of this kind before? Anyone else got any suggestions, links??

So far I have found Freddie Mercury, Tom Cruise (Cocktail or Top Gun), one of the Village People, Prince & Timmy Mallett.

Help would be appreciated!!

After being inspired by This Is England '86 I think the ultimate 80's fancy dress choice has to be Dogtanian. Trust me on this one.

I too need ideas, mine's for a Halloween/Horror theme and has to be cheap!

Come on kids! Help!

Old clothes, white face paint and blood ... zombies are easy.

I'm djing at a party, 80's only and going as Zombie George michael, complete with mullet / long blonde wig and jean shorts :huh:

After being inspired by This Is England '86 I think the ultimate 80's fancy dress choice has to be Dogtanian. Trust me on this one.

That was one of the funniest things I have seen on tv for a long time

Old clothes, white face paint and blood ... zombies are easy.

I'm djing at a party, 80's only and going as Zombie George michael, complete with mullet / long blonde wig and jean shorts :huh:

That was one of the funniest things I have seen on tv for a long time

Boy George is good if you can pull it off ............. :grin:

Edited by yardie28

Got to be Adam Ant in his White stripe over the nose fatigues. Would be able to pick up most of the garb in second hand shops and make the rest. Instantly recognisable. Going ever so slightly potty and trying to join the Monster Raving Looby Party optional.....

orig-2572311.jpg

the Dogtanion costume was quality.

We have been coming up with ideas for Glastonbury next year. One Idea is Classic computer game characters. Mario, Luigi, PacMan, Sonic the Hedgehog and Frogger. (I think they are all 80's too)

Edited by pukka

the Dogtanion costume was quality.

We have been coming up with ideas for Glastonbury next year. One Idea is Classic computer game characters. Mario, Luigi, PacMan, Sonic the Hedgehog and Frogger. (I think they are all 80's too)

donkey kong :unsure:

I too need ideas, mine's for a Halloween/Horror theme and has to be cheap!

Come on kids! Help!

Black shoes, black trousers, plain white shirt with a red ink stain at the corner of the pocket and a red name tag saying "Shaun". Cricket bat is optional. Sorted.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So what did you go as SJK? I was doing an overnight driving job on sunday night and Lancaster town centre at 4am was like a scene from shaun of the dead. Made me smile...

It's not til December 17th mate, so still thinking. Timmy Mallett is the one im plumping for at the moment, but I am open to suggestion...