latics v colchester

Match report on Fishal suggests the offside may have been against Taylor ... who didn't touch the ball.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/Match...7~51604,00.html

Taylor wasn't offside, Kelly was behind Taylor and offside. Think the fishal site has it wrong. If Taylor had headed it, the goal would have stood i reckon.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they both were, I was in line with play at that point.

Definitely progress made this season, but slightly frustrated we didn't bag all three points once we turned up the heat in the second half. runs were made and gaps were found, but we were missing that bit of class inside the box. Never really got the rub of the green in the areas that mattered but still, never really came away feeling I didn't get value for money.

Whisper it, but slowly and surely Dickov may just be getting the Latics I know and love back. We're certainly not for off a very good team, albeit very youthful. We'll give some team a right battering this season sometime.

I have a funny feeling this will be on saturday vs southampton...............

just like us to go and win there, if we play like we did 2nd half today we could well win it.....christ ROCHDALE won there FFS :D

Edited by shefflatic

Drop Touncarra.. send him back to the N.E. ASAP.

Play anyone but him..trust me he is another Jim Beardall.

Because of one miss? Okk it was poor, but drop him and send him back to Sunderland?

You been on the alcohol?

He chased for everyball, won a few headers, and had a few decent runs

[/b]

I have a funny feeling this will be on saturday vs southampton...............

just like us to go and win there, if we play like we did 2nd half today we could well win it.....christ ROCHDALE won there FFS :D

Don't tempt fate! :wink:

We're also due a pasting too and they will be smarting from today's result.

:lol: you joking? don't think he won a header what so ever today.

not in the first half anyway, but you could say that for the whole team. when we started to play it on the floor through the midfield, we played better. i hope PD learns from that and encourages them to use the midfield furman and stephens had great second halves, mainly becuase they had so much time to get passes away

not in the first half anyway, but you could say that for the whole team. when we started to play it on the floor through the midfield, we played better. i hope PD learns from that and encourages them to use the midfield furman and stephens had great second halves, mainly becuase they had so much time to get passes away

I agree, nobody at all turned up first half.

Furman is the main man in our team IMO, lose him and we'll fall apart! Another striker would be nice up top, shame we didn't get that LuaLua or Baxter.

I was in line for the offside goal and I think it could of gone either way but Taylor did seem just offside (whether he was 'active' or not is a hard call). Tounkara's miss was a belter - two magnificent turns to leave him and the goalie to beat then BANG... nearly cleared the Chaddy End! Overall though he makes a presence up front and his effort for that 'lost' ball in the corner then turns it into a goal scoring chance was quality - you wouldn't of had that last season.

1st half was a funny one, both sides seem to be cancelling each other out and Latics had the wind and the ref against them! Speaking of the ref, surely one of the worst in a while we've had, inconsistent and some of his decisions baffled me - their defender kicks it out and they get a goal kick, also, the drop kick for a ball on the field AFTER it been kicked back out? They win it and we lose possession and have to start defending and could of cost us a goal.

2nd half we saw Jones being a threat by his balls floating in dangerously to the strikers and Furman commanding with some quality tackles albeit one bad one for which he was booked. Reuban looked match fit also which is a bonus after him being declared 50/50 pre match.

I think the attitude of the team is what we Latics fans want and the tension in the ground in the last 2 minutes was only let down by us not scoring. Unbeaten at home and not by fluke, we are a good little team which might suprise a few if we get lucky with injuries & suspensions. Roll on Southampton and this season we can go there confident and have a go instead of parking the bus.

Wind up hey Alec :wink:

Jack :censored: wrong with The Tank, apart from the fact that he needs a strike partner to stay close and play off his flick ons etc. He's having to work the channels etc far too much for my liking, get him playing regularly with Feeney, Kelly or Dickovski (real family name!) and we'll see a different side of the lad.

Possibly the most inept refereeing performance I've ever seen though.

Colchester player offside ... Furman has possession and charges in to space, then he blows up to give us the free kick? Weird.

Agree with that one, maybe thought Furman was running into one of their players?

2 balls on the pitch - the unused one hoofed out of play - blows up for a drop-ball AFTER the problem has been removed.

People were playing with both balls at the same time - outside agent interfering, so drop ball!

On half time, Furman crunched their man, he played on, it was kicked out for a throw-in by their player. Restarted with a free-kick to Colchester?

He actually blew up just before they knocked it out, having started to play advantage.

He also suspended multi-ball for the second half.

And too right as well!! The Ball Boys must've had something put in their Vimto - balls were flying all over the place!

Shouldn't let made up criticism of the Ref get in the way of a very good performance, just lacking that cutting edge up front! Tounkara shouldn't be a striker, he's creating goals, but he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo! Put him in midfield, and start Kelly, he looked pretty good, I think.

Agree with that one, maybe thought Furman was running into one of their players?

The Red Sea was opening up in front of Furman, he had a clear run to the Promised Land!

People were playing with both balls at the same time - outside agent interfering, so drop ball!

If that's the rule, then so be it. So are you saying that if Hazell had left the second ball lying in the middle of the pitch the game shouldn't have been stopped?

He actually blew up just before they knocked it out, having started to play advantage.

Are you sure? Didn't look like it to me, but I'll take your word for it.

And too right as well!! The Ball Boys must've had something put in their Vimto - balls were flying all over the place!

There were a couple of unlucky bounces off the Lookers. I think there's a £4k fine for Latics if it happens again though.

Shouldn't let made up criticism of the Ref get in the way of a very good performance

Made up? Come on, he was :censored:e.

Edited by opinions4u

A good 2nd half performance once we tried to get the ball down and upped the tempo.

Still worried about the shortage of goals from the strikers though.

Tounkare doesn't grab me as a regular scorer...more one for doing the donkey work.

Evina? ..do we really need him?........goalscorer a priority for me.

Shouldn't let made up criticism of the Ref get in the way of a very good performance, just lacking that cutting edge up front! Tounkara shouldn't be a striker, he's creating goals, but he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo! Put him in midfield, and start Kelly, he looked pretty good, I think.

made up critiscsm of thr ref???? you on glue!!!

evina booked for taking there wingers legs,no probs....our lad got hacked down on halfway line no card????

the ref was a total arse all game,wasnt keeping up with play,very rarely played advantage...shocking decisions at times....

first half was crap...very flat,nothing happening,hazells header the highlight...

second half,much much better....but come on,we need a striker...tounkara gets into good positions wins balls holds up play and chases lost causes....but there is nobody playing off him capable of bagging 1 a game...i just hope if greegs leaves and one or two others we bring in a quality striker,says it all when you have your star striker on bech and he doesnt get on,obviously dickov doesnt think he can change a game...

only thing i dint like,allessandra,too much time spent on trying to trick the defenders rather than just keeping it simple n beating your man...

brill kicks to jones..why??? he won jack all fist half,yet we persist in it,second half on the ground to jones he runs rings round em...

taylor....whats wrong with his fitness,puffin n blowing with 15 to go...stephens....some very neat touches today and some good passing,also a lot of very poor decision making and stray balls..

all in all,yes we should have won,but clean sheet again and another point and were still in top 8.onwards n upwards

Feel sorry for Furman having to do the work of Stephens who has been off the boil for weeks.

MOTM today was Furman totally different player this season.

Jones was poor first half but turned it round 2nd half, was much better.

Alec you're talking bollocks, Bubba is a young striker, learning his trade, who works his arse off and chases lost causes, I'd like to see him bag a few more but he's still a kid having made 12 first team appearances in his career. You have have previously talked a lot of sense but FFS that statement you've posted above defies belief!!!!

Edited by oafcprozac