Line Up for Rochdale

black injured soo

brill

evina hazell mvoto lee

taylor furman stephens lewi

tounkara kelly.

I'd possibly go with this - think Jones could probably use a spell on the bench.

Although I would say that the last time Dickov made unnecessary changes to the starting line-up, we were completely outplayed by Saints - Taylor particularly not adapting well to his switch to the wing. Maybe it's better to stick to what we know and only change it if it's not working?

id go with...

brill

lee mvoto hazell evina

jones furman stephens taylor

kelly tounkara

id just take lewis out and swap him with kelly, and put taylor on the left. i think dickov may just leave it unchanged from the plymouth game.

Brill

Lee Hazell Mvoto Jacobson

Jones Furman Stephans Evina

Taylor

Tounkare

Only thing i might consider changing there would be Taylor for Jones and Kelly in up top with Tonk.....I do think Jones' work rate could come in useful but he causes us to play narrow sometimes by drifting inside to his natural position....

id go with...

brill

lee mvoto hazell evina

jones furman stephens taylor

kelly tounkara

id just take lewis out and swap him with kelly, and put taylor on the left. i think dickov may just leave it unchanged from the plymouth game.

I think PD will keep it as was for the Plymouth game; and still have the options to change it on the bench just as he did on Sat – Kelly in from the start after his 1st goal would be I guess the temptation for him to change. But; if he does keep it the same; Kelly off the bench with a ‘go and do the same as you did on sat’ word in his ear if he comes on would also work for me. Morais looked lively too; someone to bring on if it’s not happening?

Paul Black apart; the starting X1 on sat is about our strongest side at present so I wouldn’t think PD will look to make too many sweeping changes.......

I think PD will keep it as was for the Plymouth game; and still have the options to change it on the bench just as he did on Sat – Kelly in from the start after his 1st goal would be I guess the temptation for him to change. But; if he does keep it the same; Kelly off the bench with a ‘go and do the same as you did on sat’ word in his ear if he comes on would also work for me. Morais looked lively too; someone to bring on if it’s not happening?

Paul Black apart; the starting X1 on sat is about our strongest side at present so I wouldn’t think PD will look to make too many sweeping changes.......

if its not broke why try to fix it...

blacks got a knock so theres one change....but on the whole go with what we strted with....tank up front will scare them to death with taylor cutting in and getting his pace back should see us do well..like has been said,send kelly on if struggling as his pace will deffo have them..all we have to do is make sure we keep ogrady quiet and were sorted.

if its not broke why try to fix it...

blacks got a knock so theres one change....but on the whole go with what we strted with....tank up front will scare them to death with taylor cutting in and getting his pace back should see us do well..like has been said,send kelly on if struggling as his pace will deffo have them..all we have to do is make sure we keep ogrady quiet and were sorted.

I think it is a little bit broke, though.

Well the engine is not eactly purring.

If we take the fact the game had ended on practically the 91st minute, they we would have drawn 2-2 against 9 min.

A major inquisition on this board. as another post said, the difference a minte makes.

So not wholesale changes, but we have to look at what did not work on Saturday and take some action, Rochdale are not a bad side, so might punish us for such lapses.

I think Rochdale will be a different game to Saturday. Plymouth pretty much had to defend all game with their disadvantage. Finding more clearer cut chances on Tuesday should be easier if Dale are going to come at us. O'Grady will have a point to prove, he'll need to be dealt with!

I'd keep it the same. The way we play should be perfect against Rochdale.

Also to add Dale Stephens is going to have a blinder tomorrow!

Edited by Macca

Didn't someone say Lewi had got his nose broke on Saturday when he got elbowed??

If he has then he may not play?

if all fit from plymouth then i would go for:

GK: Brill

RB: Lee

CB: Hazell

CB: Mvoto

LB: Jacobsen

RW: Jones/Alice

CM: Stephens

CM: Furman

LW: Evina

CAM/ST: Taylor

ST: Tounkara

Subs: Jones/Alice, Fleming, Brooke, Kelly, Jarret, That french midfielder christophe? Millar/Holdsworth

Didn't someone say Lewi had got his nose broke on Saturday when he got elbowed??

Subs: Jones/Alice, Fleming, Brooke, Kelly, Jarret, That french midfielder christophe? Millar/Holdsworth

Jacobson is a bit of a gamble. But apart from that I agree with that team.

I hope Stephens finally pulls his finger out for this one. People calling for Jones to be dropped to the bench, Stephens before anyone. Couldnt dictate a game against a team with 9 men.

Jacobson is a bit of a gamble. But apart from that I agree with that team.

I hope Stephens finally pulls his finger out for this one. People calling for Jones to be dropped to the bench, Stephens before anyone. Couldnt dictate a game against a team with 9 men.

Jacobsen is a bit of a gamble yes, but Evina looked good against Plymouth attacking ( yes i know they surrended the wings but we didnt look much of a threat once Evina went off ) and has a half decent cross. I think Stephens will have a point to prove against Dale, especially since they think he is s***

Taylor looks much more threatening atm in his current role and dont think he should drop to wing unless he needs to

Has everyone forgotten we signed a lad called Felipe Morais who looked very useful even setting up a goal on Saturday. Surely I think he would get a call before Joe Jacobsen?

Has everyone forgotten we signed a lad called Felipe Morais who looked very useful even setting up a goal on Saturday. Surely I think he would get a call before Joe Jacobsen?

the lad was good but was over eager ! he was trying to do to much instead of looking to do the easy option.

Ahh i forgot about morais :blush: not sure about starting him though, whats his fitness like? i dont think hes had to much game time over summer etc so bring on second half

Taylor or Evina on the left wing for me is a must. Dale's weak spot is right back and needs to be targetted with pace.

----- ----- Brill

Lee - MVoto - Reuben - Evina

Allesandra - Furman - Stephens - Taylor

------Tounkare - Kelly

Evina on left wing gives us plenty of pace. Stick a natural left footer on the wing who has pace and decent deliverly, and the goals will maybe flow :grin: