Rochdale Sold Out

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably what we will have tomorrow.

Carlisle (promotion game), Hartlepool (promotion game), Huddersfield and Bury have all sold out what we have in recent seasons.

Luton brought 3600 as they had reserved seating also Plymouth brought 3500 when they won promotion that night.

Same here, in terms of distance surely it's one of the closest derbies in the country? It's a shame there isn't more of a rivalry to be honest...

lets hope there never is

when I stopped going for a few years in the 90s our main rivals were City & United

when I started again it was Wigan. i didn't think we could sink lower than that :unsure:

The highest number of away fans in the last 10 years since the stand was built have been Coventry, Hartlepool and Huddersfield who all brought 3,200.

We should be looking at our highest league crowd in 20 years tomorrow night.

Hope so.

Do you think you can return the favour for our home game?!

Hope so.

Do you think you can return the favour for our home game?!

Will you be giving us the whole of the Rochdale Rd end? I reckon we will fill whatever you give us anyway we travel well and what with it being our first visit to ice station zebra in the league for a few decades a lot more will make the effort for this. Add the fact its over the xmas period and a bumper gate should fill your ground for you.

Will you be giving us the whole of the Rochdale Rd end? I reckon we will fill whatever you give us anyway we travel well and what with it being our first visit to ice station zebra in the league for a few decades a lot more will make the effort for this. Add the fact its over the xmas period and a bumper gate should fill your ground for you.

The whole end is 4600. I cant see you filling that. The big end is 3000. (and is more realistic) I can see you filling the bigger section. I hope we just give you that. As you say over Christmas we should get a bigger latics following.

Edited by pukka

The whole end is 4600. I cant see you filling that. The big end is 3000. (and is more realistic) I can see you filling the bigger section. I hope we just give you that. As you say over Christmas we should get a bigger latics following.

We have taken 3000 regularly to bury over the last few years so league position permitting should fill what you give us then, is it £22 in the away end?

so you get crowds of 3400 on average and you think you will bring 4600 to fill the rre? nah. you will probably get the big section of it (3000ish) and you would just fill that imo. What are the numbers youve been taking away this season so far?

so you get crowds of 3400 on average and you think you will bring 4600 to fill the rre? nah. you will probably get the big section of it (3000ish) and you would just fill that imo. What are the numbers youve been taking away this season so far?

Yeah thats what I said further down the 3k should suffice easily

My mate who goes everywhere with Dale says you generally take 2400 - 2800 to Gigg lane. (the away end doesn't hold 3000 for a start) I cant see the same as the bury games + another 50% to full the whole end. 3000 will be enough.

(Just looked at a game from 2008 - you took 2759)

My mate who goes everywhere with Dale says you generally take 2400 - 2800 to Gigg lane. (the away end doesn't hold 3000 for a start) I cant see the same as the bury games + another 50% to full the whole end. 3000 will be enough.

(Just looked at a game from 2008 - you took 2759)

I think unlike us Dale have a lot of United and City fans who class them as there second team. This means they will have a good turn out and I wouldn't be surprised if they sell 3K.

I think unlike us Dale have a lot of United and City fans who class them as there second team. This means they will have a good turn out and I wouldn't be surprised if they sell 3K.

Are you real ? Why would 'dale have more people who class them as their second team than Oldham ?

Virtually all of my Man U and Man C supporting mates have us as their second team, and they come on watch us every now ands then.

I once was a Man U fan who's second team was Oldham :peepwall:

Once upon time, we were most football fans 'second' team...

Are you real ? Why would 'dale have more people who class them as their second team than Oldham ?

Virtually all of my Man U and Man C supporting mates have us as their second team, and they come on watch us every now ands then.

where were they then for the City Legends Day? :grin:

20 years ago maybe we were. not now.

Those were happy days, being on holiday and telling southerners and such who you supported and they would always have a good conversation about how good it was to see the underdogs doing well.

Cant see many ManUre fans going tonight as they are live on the box, or many neutrals for that matter with a whole host of footy on the box!