match abandoned - merge o matic active

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Knew it wouldnt last when 10 of our players went into the pre-match huddle and Brill came dashing from his goal to join in only to nearly go flat on his back in a big puddle in the centre circle!!Good atmosphere tonight,looked pretty lively coming out aswell though.

Chanting lively or 'bovver' lively?

Woof.

Well it took me a good hour to get to Spotland from Elk Mill, so I arrived late. I walked in, saw the pitch, saw COG, and watched as the ref called it off. At least I was first out and away.

:grin:

Leeslover would have been struggling through the crowds making their way home and wondering where everyone had gone when he arrived in any empty stadium.

Chanting lively or 'bovver' lively?

Woof.

So, who was that medium Jack Daniels T-shirt for? ^_^

:grin:

Leeslover would have been struggling through the crowds making their way home and wondering where everyone had gone when he arrived in any empty stadium.

Leeslover would have been drunk?

Bit of both to be honest,the police seemed to be sorting it out pretty quickly though.Shame it was called off,I was looking forward to that tonight.

There were a few of the older idiots toneet, not sure were they spring from, they were well tanked though.

The Oldham corner near the Rochdale fans ( seated) looked like it was revving up, was anyone sat there?

The pitch was not suitable and an inspection hours before would have indicated that, saving people a lot of hassle and money.

That said, I've seen us play in worse conditions, both teams were there, both have the same disadvantage, the surface almost cost us a goal but we could have adapted to hoofing it to Tounkara. With the amount of effort from the fans, the policing, there was really little point in calling it off for us just to have to do it again, when we might run into problems such as frozen pitches. The game should have just been played in the rainy conditions (the rain wasn't even heavy, it was just constant with a little wind) both teams have to adjust to it. 90 minutes of football in not ideal conditions on either team, but saves everyone a lot of hassle.

Like I said, the game should have been called off at 2 hours notice, but given that it did kick off, it might as well have finished, it was only rain.

Edited by PlayItLivo

There were a few of the older idiots toneet, not sure were they spring from, they were well tanked though.

The Oldham corner near the Rochdale fans ( seated) looked like it was revving up, was anyone sat there?

Was sat at the end near their terrace but had to walk up that way to get back to the car and thats where the police had to step in sharpish.All got sorted quickly enough.

Before the kick off Chris Taylor was showing the ref how the ball didn't bounce and then when latics did their pre match huddle it looked as though Brill was water skiing when he ran up.

Should never have been started and the ref has some explaining to do.

Also maybe Dale wanted the game to start because they would then be relieved of the responsibility to repay fans.

Only if game is called off prior to kick off do they have to do that.

I bet Dale turn around and say entry for those with stub will be £5 to cover the extra costs.

If they do its an insult and i hope Latics take appropriate retaliatory action.

Walsall at home a few seasons back. Ricketts scored against us and finished 2-0 I think. Hammered it down all day and during the game

It tanked it down all day but our drainage is far better than Rochdale's. I've seen several Latics games where it's hammered it down all day but the pitch has been puddle free and not in danger of abandonment.

Correct decision really, had it played on the game would have been terrible to watch and a proper shame as a local derby ought to be a lively and absorbing affair.

At the end of the day, half the fans on here moaning and bitching about it are acting as if we;re playing away at Plymouth or something. It's local, just about everyone will be able to make another trip to see it and anyone who can't should be able to get a refund. Plus next time I think the way there most certainly has to be through Castleton. The M627 was an absolute nightmare.