managerial disaster

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wont - in the same way as he wont play any of the trasfer listed players that be publicly promised would be given a chance if they performed well in the reserves etc!

The Jacobson stance smacks of sheer stubbornness, here is a player performing consistently well yet never gets a first team run - even when others in his position have been dropped.

As for team captain look to the only one who shouts orders on the pitch - Dean Brill.

Edited by BP1960

The Jacobson stance smacks of sheer stubbornness, here is a player performing consistently well yet never gets a first team run - even when others in his position have been dropped.

All assumptions.

But I'd suggest that Joe Jacobsen cost 2 groats a week in wages.

Paul Black costs 1 groat a week in wages.

Cedric Evins costs a hotel room for a week and no wages.

The stubborness is designed to get Joe Jacobsen off the wage bill and to improve the financial position of the football club.

As for team captain look to the only one who shouts orders on the pitch - Dean Brill.

from what I saw/heard first half on sat, Brill doesnt give out orders he just insults everyone !

from what I saw/heard first half on sat, Brill doesnt give out orders he just insults everyone !

The was a cross he came for on Saturday that defenders were also going for. I didn't hear a shout.

Rubes certainly never heard a shout prior to the mess up for their second goal.

I agree, he yells, but he doesn't communicate.

The was a cross he came for on Saturday that defenders were also going for. I didn't hear a shout.

Rubes certainly never heard a shout prior to the mess up for their second goal.

I agree, he yells, but he doesn't communicate.

after the first goal leading upto their second Brill was screaming so many explitives at Rueben , talk about respecting your captain

Even if that is true - and I doubt it - with him sitting in the stands we lost tens of thousands of pounds on Saturday. If it is stubborness than thats a bit stupid as surely he could be put in the shop window in game like that. In that case in January when Lee, Stephens, Taylor and Furman all gone and some of the loan players possibly going back - what is left.

Basic rule - YOU DO NOT CHANGE A WINNING SIDE :ranting:

I would say you do to keep players fresh,

to be honest if I had to pick my best players to either play against huddersfield or in the cup v accrington i would choose huddersfield every time, league is the most important,

and in saying that we did pick a side who should have been able to handle accrington,

and this winning side struggled against a team with 9 men, a late surge secured it for us, not the best performance ever...

league is the most important

On the other thread the manager is being taken apart for not realising how obvious the cup is more important...

Unless the manager was given direct instructions that the cup was more important I find it hard to have a pop at Dickov...

The team picked didn't try very hard for 55 minutes.

That's why we lost.

If they'd played like they did in the last half hour, Accy would have been blown away.

It's nothing to do with Furman or Lee not being picked.

That's more to the point.

That's why we lost.

If they'd played like they did in the last half hour, Accy would have been blown away.

If Furman in particular had played surely Accrington wouldn't have had the freedom of the park for those 55 minutes, it was managerial decision that backfired IMO, as it often does when managers tinker about with the trendy rotation systems.

That's why we lost.

If Furman in particular had played surely Accrington wouldn't have had the freedom of the park for those 55 minutes, it was managerial decision that backfired IMO, as it often does when managers tinker about with the trendy rotation systems.

That's why we lost.

Agreed, if furman and lee were picked against accrington and underperformed agains huddersfield through fatigue, there would no doubt be outrage as to why they were picked for the accrington game when we could have won the game without them,

the manager was right in what he did, he picked a very strong side who just didnt perform.

its not really a rotation system though, furman and lee have been picked in most games, all players get tired eventually its natural, at some point players may need a rest, and this is what happened, and if you had to pick any of the fixtures that were coming up to rest them, accrington was the natural choice, thegame isnt won by two players, this is why you need a solid squad not just a good starting 11

Even the out of favour Worthington would have at least put his foot in. Stephens needs to be dropped, I was one of his biggest fans but he even struggled against 9 men last week and was awful again on Saturday. Furman and A N Other for me at the moment. The midfield has been pretty stagnant (Stephens in particular) for weeks. Jarrett showed he's not up to it so what do we do? Lee's energy could be a revelation alongside Furman, once Holdsworth's fit, perhaps bring him back at RB.

its not really a rotation system though, furman and lee have been picked in most games, all players get tired eventually its natural, at some point players may need a rest, and this is what happened, and if you had to pick any of the fixtures that were coming up to rest them, accrington was the natural choice, thegame isnt won by two players, this is why you need a solid squad not just a good starting 11

He left out his 2 probably best and perfectly fit players for a very important game, no amount of spin can justify that IMO.

Edited by BP1960

Yes but we're only a third of the way through the season. :shock:

If players are tired at this stage, it doesn't look good for the final few weeks does it?

Agreed about the need for a solid squad - unfortunately we don't have much beyond the first-choice starting 11.

I still stand by comment and interestingly enough, a certain Mr hardy has used the same term as myself - "disaster".

That's why we lost.

+1

And if Furman and/or Lee had played they may have had poor games just as other reliable performers did.