What I enjoyed about Accrington

It was like going back 45 years to a good old Lancashire derby. walking up the hill to the game, good chippy, pubs that allowed you to take food inside . Friendly local fans and people. Programme sellers that called you "sir". Lovely old lady on the turnstiles that said "hope you enjoy the match". Standing terrace. Pudding of a pitch. Big away following. Vociferous home support.

Shame about the first 50mins and the result. Both were dire. But it was day that had its plus points, in the big landscape of the great game that is football, it was the real thing.

It was like going back 45 years to a good old Lancashire derby. walking up the hill to the game, good chippy, pubs that allowed you to take food inside . Friendly local fans and people. Programme sellers that called you "sir". Lovely old lady on the turnstiles that said "hope you enjoy the match". Standing terrace. Pudding of a pitch. Big away following. Vociferous home support.

Shame about the first 50mins and the result. Both were dire. But it was day that had its plus points, in the big landscape of the great game that is football, it was the real thing.

and a £1 a bottle in the Bees Knees bar in Accy centre near the station, live footy and knob free zone - superb apart from the result.

I'm with you on that, I got the train via Leeds so went over the Pennines via Burnley and had a very good meat & potato pie in the town centre trivial things I know but it had a real classical feeling yesterday

my thoughts exactly, forget leicester, sheff wednesday, southampton all these big clubs with state of the art premier league standard stadiums weve played over the past couple of seasons, stanley are a proper football club in a proper lancashire town with proper supporters and yesterday was one of the best aways ive done in years.

just let down abit when a few of our hoolies clashed with some wigan lads at blackburn station.

One of the best posts i have read on here for ages. 100% agree.

my thoughts exactly, forget leicester, sheff wednesday, southampton all these big clubs with state of the art premier league standard stadiums weve played over the past couple of seasons, stanley are a proper football club in a proper lancashire town with proper supporters and yesterday was one of the best aways ive done in years.

just let down abit when a few of our hoolies clashed with some wigan lads at blackburn station.

So what happened at Blackburn?

Woof.

Absolutely mate! All good things of times gone by. How good was that chippy (think it was called Jimmy's). Stood outside the pub next door having a pint of smooth and it made for a cracking day. Got to say, football was :censored:e and I actually left on 50 minutes, we were thet bad (couldn't believe it when I heard it was 3-2 with a few mins to go). I was back in Stalybridge at 4.50pm!

I was disappointed to find they no longer sell Holland's proper pies. :disappointed:

Some great old Stanley photos and memorabilia on display in the Crown pub.

I thought the crown pub was a good pub. All the money going to the club aswell. The accrington stanley were nice fans wishing me and my mate a safe journey home. Had a cracking day and wish more away games were like that.

I thought the crown pub was a good pub. All the money going to the club aswell. The accrington stanley were nice fans wishing me and my mate a safe journey home. Had a cracking day and wish more away games were like that.

In my experience many away days are equally enjoyable up to kick-off time. Then it's out of our control and it usually goes pear-shaped! Still, there's always the next one to be attended in the hope it turns out to be the exception. :comeon:

In my experience many away days are equally enjoyable up to kick-off time. Then it's out of our control and it usually goes pear-shaped! Still, there's always the next one to be attended in the hope it turns out to be the exception. :comeon:

I was sorely tempted to return to the crown at ht to drown my sorrows.