Rememberance Day DISGUST

robboman

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, it's really quite difficult to eradicate extremism. I can't think of a suitable method, can you?

clap 'em in irons, deport them if possible - if not sell them to whoever wants to torture them most and failing that send them to live in a penal colony in the British Antarctic Territory. All better options than just letting them get on with it.

And as for all ex servicemen not getting cross about todays tomfoolery then I dont agree. Not sure about my Dad but I can hazard a guess at what my Grandfathers reaction to them would be.

clap 'em in irons, deport them if possible - if not sell them to whoever wants to torture them most and failing that send them to live in a penal colony in the British Antarctic Territory. All better options than just letting them get on with it.

And as for all ex servicemen not getting cross about todays tomfoolery then I dont agree. Not sure about my Dad but I can hazard a guess at what my Grandfathers reaction to them would be.

I was thinking more like making them stand in the middle of boundary park naked on xmas day but yours seems a more suitable suggestion...

clap 'em in irons, deport them if possible - if not sell them to whoever wants to torture them most and failing that send them to live in a penal colony in the British Antarctic Territory.

Fair enough. And you advocate this treatment for all extremists, yes?

Thing is, it's really quite difficult to eradicate extremism. I can't think of a suitable method, can you?

You can't... You either give into them (and by default create a new batch of extremists on the other side), ignore them or you fight and kill them and create more extremists by your actions :)

You can't... You either give into them (and by default create a new batch of extremists on the other side), ignore them or you fight and kill them and create more extremists by your actions :)

I'm not sure the ignoring thing really works in the long run. "Oh, come away from the window Jakob, ignore those blokes in brownshirts outside, they're a minority, an irrelevance.If we pretend they're not there they'll go away"

I prefer to teach them a lesson personally, teach them respect to be more precise - cut their f***ing balls off to be even more accurate!

Although I do agree with your post to some extent, they will feel invincible if acts like these go unpunished.

So on the day when we mark the price paid to protect our freedom from tyranny and celebrate our freedoms that we should also seek to deny the freedoms of others to do the very thing that we are commemorating?

Durr tekkin urr jerbs.

To all those who moaned about the rabid, demented Daily Mail......it's also in the Telegraph!!! Does that make it more acceptable or are we now putting a "quality" broadsheet on a par with the despicable Mail?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/...emorations.html

Now, I have no problem with the freedom of speech argument. However, I think we have a RESPECT problem here, this small group (this year only, I'm guessing the low hundreds next year) knew exactly what sort of response it was going to get by taking it's stance today of all days. And you can't ignore it in the hope it will go away or it really doesn't matter because the media gives them the publicity they crave.

Who thinks that this problem will escalate to several small groups on Sunday?

To all those who moaned about the rabid, demented Daily Mail......it's also in the Telegraph!!! Does that make it more acceptable or are we now putting a "quality" broadsheet on a par with the despicable Mail?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/...emorations.html

Now, I have no problem with the freedom of speech argument. However, I think we have a RESPECT problem here, this small group (this year only, I'm guessing the low hundreds next year) knew exactly what sort of response it was going to get by taking it's stance today of all days. And you can't ignore it in the hope it will go away or it really doesn't matter because the media gives them the publicity they crave.

Who thinks that this problem will escalate to several small groups on Sunday?

Only if you hold the Torygraph up as a model paper :wink:

Only just seen this....not sure what I think really....first feeling is rage, then I mellow and think 'perhaps they have a point'....

For the first time ever I had a pretty strange thought today....I had my poppy on my coat as I usually do, driving to a job in a, well, muslim majority part of Manchester and I suddenly started to wonder if I should take my poppy off.....the people I was likely to be meeting would almost certainly be muslims and I was slightly worried that the poppy may not go down well. I would never have given this issue a second thought in the past, but, well, I don't know why I am sharing this...just seemed relevant/topical.

Only just seen this....not sure what I think really....first feeling is rage, then I mellow and think 'perhaps they have a point'....

For the first time ever I had a pretty strange thought today....I had my poppy on my coat as I usually do, driving to a job in a, well, muslim majority part of Manchester and I suddenly started to wonder if I should take my poppy off.....the people I was likely to be meeting would almost certainly be muslims and I was slightly worried that the poppy may not go down well. I would never have given this issue a second thought in the past, but, well, I don't know why I am sharing this...just seemed relevant/topical.

The last ten years has made me question my support... Overall the lads don't have a choice and do the bidding of the government so my support remains... but I struggle with the concept of "pride" and that our service men are "hero's" these days... There is nothing heroic about what happened in Iraq...

Edited by oafc0000