How good was Filipe Morais?

His directness offered a different dimension to us. His 1st thought is to go forward, at pace.

His movement off the ball was, for me, the most impressive of his display - constantly looking for space in areas difficult to pick up.

His touches & turns were quality, and the one he plucked out of the sky in the 2nd half was a joy to see......skillful, committed player wo looks a real prospect.

Deal to the end of the season needed to be offered ASAP IMO

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His directness offered a different dimension to us. His 1st thought is to go forward, at pace.

His movement off the ball was, for me, the most impressive of his display - constantly looking for space in areas difficult to pick up.

His touches & turns were quality, and the one he plucked out of the sky in the 2nd half was a joy to see......skillful, committed player wo looks a real prospect.

Deal to the end of the season needed to be offered ASAP IMO

for me, it was when we had a free-kick that stephens was about to hit over the bar in the first half - he made a run, stephens saw him, and if i'm right, his cross went through tounkara's legs when he should have scored. if he keeps that performance up, he could be a key player for us.

He shone Saturday , finally glad Dickov dropped Jones. Last time we played that wide was with Dikaba on the right. Jones now has a chance to show us what he can do in the middle now against daggers. Other than that I dont want to see him on our wing again.

I really hope that if its true he cant sign fully until Jan then he honours some sort of gentlemanly agreement and sticks with us until Jan

Edited by razza699

I hope he was just knackered in the second half because he did absolutely nothing. Got a few weeks off to work on that fitness now though.

He slotted Taylor in for the chance at the start of the half; when in fairness Chrisy T should have done so much better with – Morais started the counter attack with a drive down the inside right channel.

He also took control of the ball that had ice on it; plunked it out of the sky; beat 2 men and drove down the line – awesome demonstration of skill that was.

He did tire dramatically; I had it down as cramp but not sure – and it was the right call to sub him for Jones – but he had; up to that point – put one hell of shift in; and his 1st half display in particular was exceptional.

From the interview he comes across as a really nice guy. I doubt there would be any trouble making in the dressing room from him.

It didn't sound like he was enamoured with Scottish footy.

During his enforced lay off he's looking forward to a pre-season type work out with Butler.

From the interview he comes across as a really nice guy. I doubt there would be any trouble making in the dressing room from him.

During his enforced lay off he's looking forward to a pre-season type work out with Butler.

that will be the best for him IMO. his first half on saturday was amazing, but the second half, he was obviously shattered. give him a work-out, and we could have some player on our hands

Which Butler.............because I don’t want him drinking to excess and then getting into fights....... :wink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

brilliant!

Quality interview, really shocked when i heard his cockerny accent geezer :shock:

Spoke really well and seems a right character, he'll bring a lot to the club both on and off the field. Seems like he needs a good run at a club to get him back to whatever it was Chelsea saw in him, probably a lot more of his first half performance on Saturday.

Could have a real cracker on our hands, get him signed up before Clarke comes a sniffing!!!

In the first half, that's one of the best individual performances i've ever seen at BP. He was absolutely unplayable...

Was it that good ? Was not present so cannot comment. Next home game I am returning to BP.....

One individual performance I will never forget was Alan Mcneils debut in the late sixties. Waterlogged pitch..peeing it down...2 down in first 15 mins to Aldershot..... then Mcneill had had a look and took over......4-2 win........awesome.

Was it that good ? Was not present so cannot comment. Next home game I am returning to BP.....

One individual performance I will never forget was Alan Mcneils debut in the late sixties. Waterlogged pitch..peeing it down...2 down in first 15 mins to Aldershot..... then Mcneill had had a look and took over......4-2 win........awesome.

i bet he never gave anyone "the eyes"