Dickovs naivity again?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought once again, as the same against Orient, Dickovs changes cost us 3 points. Winchester is a 16 year old lad who should have been taken off as 180 minutes in the space of 4 days at this level is bound to mean he will be off the pace later on, which was shown. Aidan White was helping him a lot tracking back with the pace he has it helped Winchester. However bringing Ritchie Jones onwho has a tendency to sit inside and has no wheels whatsoever allowed Nardiello to have a proper run at Winchester.

Taking off Taylor, Evina and White lost us the pace and movement that was causing them problems

Different situation against Orient. We were 1-0 up and looking for the second, whereas last night we should have been home and hosed. He probably thought it was safe whoever was on the pitch, now he knows different.

Maybe we should start a Dickov Subwatch thread to monitor progress...

Not sure why Stephens has been made a bit of a scapegoat - most of the players had a shocking second half. We were sitting too deep and letting them attack us (much like they did in the first half).

And since when did Kieran Lee become a central midfielder? He's playing very well at RB but I'm not sure I'd move him to the middle. If Stephens WERE to be dropped (and I don't think he should) I'd give Jones a couple of games in the middle. He was dreadful last night but he's being played out of position. He showed a bit of promise early on in the season and Hartlepool fans seem to rate him (playing in the middle).

As for the points dropped being Dickov's fault, I don't think many managers would have done differently at 3-0 up with the substitutions. The players on the pitch were good enough to shut the game down and see it through at 3-0 or 3-1.

Winchester WAS left exposed when White came off but he looked absolutely knackered when subbed - not sure Dickov had much of a choice with that one.

I’ve always said that when something doesn’t go to plan these days it would appear that there has to be someone to blame. It has to be somebody’s fault. As far as most football fans are concerned if their team doesn’t get the result they crave it is usually the fault of either:

1) the referee

2) the manager

3) the goalkeeper

It would appear that most on here blame 2 or 3, although I’ve definitely read one person hammering the ref.

They way I saw it last night was in the first half we played some of the best football we’ve played in a long time. Slick, one touch football, great passing moves, three cracking goals and plenty of other chances. We were totally dominant. Yet it is rare, even at the highest level, that a team dominates in such a way for 90 minutes. In most cases when a team is so much in the ascendancy in the first half and have a healthy scoreline to boot, the second half falls a little flat.

Exeter have an astute manager and they had little to lose anyway, and no doubt we did become a little complacent, but the game was drifting towards a comfortable victory when they scored. Suddenly panic set in everywhere, from the stands onto the pitch.

Goals change games, and they were buoyed by theirs, we panicked, and god knows how but we managed to throw away a three goal lead. It happens. It shouldn’t, but it does. Arsene Wenger is regarded as one of the top coaches in the world but he copped for it on Saturday. ManUre were 3-1 up in injury time at Everton not long ago and ended up clinging on for a point.

But there has to be someone to blame, somebody has to be at fault, and suddenly the manager, whose name was echoing round the ground from ecstatic supporters in the first half had got it all wrong by the end.

:censored: happens. It always has and it always will, but doesn’t always have to be someone’s fault.

I’ve always said that when something doesn’t go to plan these days it would appear that there has to be someone to blame. It has to be somebody’s fault. As far as most football fans are concerned if their team doesn’t get the result they crave it is usually the fault of either:

1) the referee

2) the manager

3) the goalkeeper

It would appear that most on here blame 2 or 3, although I’ve definitely read one person hammering the ref.

They way I saw it last night was in the first half we played some of the best football we’ve played in a long time. Slick, one touch football, great passing moves, three cracking goals and plenty of other chances. We were totally dominant. Yet it is rare, even at the highest level, that a team dominates in such a way for 90 minutes. In most cases when a team is so much in the ascendancy in the first half and have a healthy scoreline to boot, the second half falls a little flat.

Exeter have an astute manager and they had little to lose anyway, and no doubt we did become a little complacent, but the game was drifting towards a comfortable victory when they scored. Suddenly panic set in everywhere, from the stands onto the pitch.

Goals change games, and they were buoyed by theirs, we panicked, and god knows how but we managed to throw away a three goal lead. It happens. It shouldn’t, but it does. Arsene Wenger is regarded as one of the top coaches in the world but he copped for it on Saturday. ManUre were 3-1 up in injury time at Everton not long ago and ended up clinging on for a point.

But there has to be someone to blame, somebody has to be at fault, and suddenly the manager, whose name was echoing round the ground from ecstatic supporters in the first half had got it all wrong by the end.

:censored: happens. It always has and it always will, but doesn’t always have to be someone’s fault.

+1 Well said that man.

you must be a pretty hard person to disappoint if your not disappointed that we have drawn 3-3 from being 3-0 up.

Still not as bad as the 4-4 draw with Bristol Rovers in September '97. 3-0 in half an hour, 3-3 by HT :shock: , we go 4-3 up and concede a last-minute pen 4-4 :ranting: fookin' boo! Still last night was still only the second time I've seen us blow a 3-0 lead in 25 years. Never seen us come from 3-0 down though.... double fookin boo! :ranting:

:wink:

Agreed, he is only a young manager, not meaning to criticise, but you cant blame the players for last night. We were unlucky not to be further ahead and Dickov made the wrong changes to early with one eye on Saturday, ( which I hope we win now) which put our young team under pressure they couldnt cope with.

PD new they were getting at Winchester and told the others to look after him and double up. Thats fair enough, but surely the obvious answer was to take him off and either bring on Jarrett to play centre back, putting Hazel at right back, or dropping Taylor back and bring on Kelly. Both options were not ideal, but we were 3 up and they would not have been able to target Wincchester and would have had to try other options.

PD new they were getting at Winchester and told the others to look after him and double up. Thats fair enough, but surely the obvious answer was to take him off and either bring on Jarrett to play centre back, putting Hazel at right back, or dropping Taylor back and bring on Kelly. Both options were not ideal, but we were 3 up and they would not have been able to target Wincchester and would have had to try other options.

NO!!!!

Even if everyone with a right foot had been involved in a freak yachting accident Rubes should never, ever, ever play right back. His FM/CM position might say DRC but he has shown that he has fully been converted to DC, the R bit is Unconvincing.