Rochdale Home 3rd Jnauary

You've never been to a dale/bury match then prozac as the last few years they've took up full allocations, bar the night match on sky when just over 2,000 were in the Manny Road End with a couple of flares.

Dale like Oldham have one of the best percentage ratio's in the country for away support. They took 1,000 to Wednesday on a night match the other week. They took 600 to Southampton to name but a few.

they actually took around 940 to wednesday. there support is nothing like latics.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've never been to a dale/bury match then prozac as the last few years they've took up full allocations, bar the night match on sky when just over 2,000 were in the Manny Road End with a couple of flares.

Dale like Oldham have one of the best percentage ratio's in the country for away support. They took 1,000 to Wednesday on a night match the other week. They took 600 to Southampton to name but a few.

Yet again I cringe when you comment on Dale.

they actually took around 940 to wednesday. there support is nothing like latics.

How do you figure? They get about 1,400 less than us most home games yet have taken similar amounts to places we have this season. If not more in some cases. So how exactly is it "nothing like latics."

Dale's away followings this season

Brighton - 304 - (Oldham took 152)

Brentford - 229 (Oldham took 322)

Bristol R - 343

Exeter - 214

MK Dons - 462

Orient - 362

Southampton - 539 (Oldham took 409)

Wednesday 940 - (Oldham took 1,045)

Yet again I cringe when you comment on Dale.

Cringe all you want Paddy. Simply putting the point to Lee that Dale's away support is similar to Latics in terms of numbers.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

How do you figure? They get about 1,400 less than us most home games yet have taken similar amounts to places we have this season. If not more in some cases. So how exactly is it "nothing like latics."

Dale's away followings this season

Brighton - 304 - (Oldham took 152)

Brentford - 229 (Oldham took 322)

Bristol R - 343

Exeter - 214

MK Dons - 462

Orient - 362

Southampton - 539 (Oldham took 409)

Wednesday 940 - (Oldham took 1,045)

Cringe all you want Paddy. Simply putting the point to Lee that Dale's away support is similar to Latics in terms of numbers.

Been Saints and Wednesday before though innit.

I've been to 3 or 4 at Gigg Lane in the last 10 years, and about the same at Spotland. Want to see the stubs and programmes? :wink:

I've sat in the Bury end at Gigg Lane and every time I'VE been Dale have not sold out, meaning there's been room in the Dale end. Dale will not fill the large section of the RRE.....fact.

By the way, for the night match that was abandoned they had nowhere near the numbers they had in the home ends on Saturday, how did they wangle that one? I thought no extra tickets were available? I reckon there looked to be 500-700 more in the stands than the Tuesday night game- especially the WMG (?) and the main stand had a few more in it too.

By the way, for the night match that was abandoned they had nowhere near the numbers they had in the home ends on Saturday, how did they wangle that one? I thought no extra tickets were available? I reckon there looked to be 500-700 more in the stands than the Tuesday night game- especially the WMG (?) and the main stand had a few more in it too.

Funnily enough a few Dale fans including myself thought that there seemed miles less home fans there than the original tie!

A point of information:

The town of Rochdale has an estimated population of 95,796 and an estimated total wider borough population of 206,500.

The town of Oldham has an estimated population of 103,544 and an estimated total wider borough population of 219,600.

We can argue about the accuracy of the estimates, and talk all day about immigrants and the racial issues, but, in a nutshell, the support of both so-called sporting towns is a disgrace. :disappointed:

'the support of both so-called sporting towns is a disgrace.'

Because they're all at Eastlands and Old Trafford!!!

1) Their all new grounds to Dale so they are more likely to take more fans their as not been before

2) No they didnt take 1,000 to Wednesday on a night match other week, they took less than a 1,000 someone said? and it was on a saturday their game at Wednesday.

After speaking with a few Dale mates in last few weeks, they dont think they'll bring more than 1800

bit of a joke that weve got to actually swap our tickets, which means an unscheduled drive or standing in a queue, for prettty much no reason really.

You get £20 off a season ticket for this very reason. Either pay what the rest pay or stop moaning everytime you get moved, it was obvious you were going to get moved for the Dale game.

Plus aren't we scheduled to play a few teams before we play Dale, its a lot easier to spend less time in the pub get there nice and early and the queue probably won't be that long.

You get £20 off a season ticket for this very reason. Either pay what the rest pay or stop moaning everytime you get moved, it was obvious you were going to get moved for the Dale game.

Plus aren't we scheduled to play a few teams before we play Dale, its a lot easier to spend less time in the pub get there nice and early and the queue probably won't be that long.

It could be solved alot easier by the Season Ticket holders in the RRE electing a stand at the start of the season to go into should they be shifted. Print two different colours of RRE STs and just knock the allocation off the other stands open sale tickets come the games in question.

NB. No one's told them about Carlisle yet. :wink:

errrrr show me where i moaned about being moved?

bloody medical students, always know everything!!