Off tomorrow! - merge o matic active

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the decision in instances like this left to people who are not professionally qualified to make decisions???

In my view a scientific and proven approach is required.. to walk about on the pitch and provide a view is not good enough.

What does the chap involved know aobut the drainage at BP, the type of surface, the rate of frost removal given the temperature etc?

I would prefer the De-Grasso people to make decisions on behalf of the Football League.

All very amateurish.

Just had a look at Swindon's fixtures and they are free the 8th Jan as they are meant to play Leyton, but seeing as they are in the FA cup still, i see no reason why it cant be played then!

EDIT: Looks like this has already been mentioned in another thread, note to self: read other related threads before posting info :grin:

Edited by Oafc88

Is the decision in instances like this left to people who are not professionally qualified to make decisions???

In my view a scientific and proven approach is required.. to walk about on the pitch and provide a view is not good enough.

What does the chap involved know aobut the drainage at BP, the type of surface, the rate of frost removal given the temperature etc?

I would prefer the De-Grasso people to make decisions on behalf of the Football League.

All very amateurish.

Going from the website, our groundstaff, which I would imagine are professionally qualified, had the concerns and it was based on these concerns that a match official called off the game.

how many swindon fans will be travelling today though ?

Is that relevant?

When should they have done the pitch test when fans wouldn't be moaning?

It looks like this could be an ideal one to have called off with the FA Cup freeing up both clubs, so no big deal. Will there suspendered lad still be out, anyone?