Off tomorrow! - merge o matic active

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the inspection was at the request of Swindon who were setting off at 12.30 today as they wouldn't want the expense of travelling up and hotel stay over only to find it had been called off tomorrow. I still would have liked us to hold off until tomorrow but I can see their point of view.

Ooh, this ain't half frustrating. We make the kneejerk early decision to get the ground inspected so poor old Swindon Town don't have to make the journey north. Forecast for mild conditions tonight and tomorrow, surely the common sense approach would be to keep working on getting it fit and inspect tomorrow morning (early enough before their fans also set off).

I'm really bemused by this. Not having the game on hits us right in the pocket as a club, and we also will sink down a few places being that plenty of other games will get played. Today was far too early to make a judgement call on a game being played 27 hours later.

Ooh, this ain't half frustrating. We make the kneejerk early decision to get the ground inspected so poor old Swindon Town don't have to make the journey north. Forecast for mild conditions tonight and tomorrow, surely the common sense approach would be to keep working on getting it fit and inspect tomorrow morning (early enough before their fans also set off).

I'm really bemused by this. Not having the game on hits us right in the pocket as a club, and we also will sink down a few places being that plenty of other games will get played. Today was far too early to make a judgement call on a game being played 27 hours later.

agree

When it involved us travelling all the way to Rochdale for the match to be abandoned:

"IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED OFF YESTERDAY! WHY WERE WE ALLOWED TO TRAVEL 5 MINUTES DOWN THE ROAD TO BE SENT HOME!?"

But when we're at home and fans have to travel up from Swindon on a weekend near Christmas:

"IT'S TOO EARLY TO CALL IT OFF! WHY NOT DO A PITCH INSPECTION AT 14:55 TOMORROW!!?"

Edited by PlayItLivo

When it involved us travelling all the way to Rochdale for the match to be abandoned:

"IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED OFF YESTERDAY! WHY WERE WE ALLOWED TO TRAVEL 5 MINUTES DOWN THE ROAD TO BE SENT HOME!?"

But when we're at home and fans have to travel up from Swindon on a weekend near Christmas:

"IT'S TOO EARLY TO CALL IT OFF! WHY NOT DO A PITCH INSPECTION AT 14:55 TOMORROW!!?"

:applause1: :applause1:

For those moaning not every Oldham fan lives in Oldham, imagine if they call off the Hartlepool game at noon, some of you would have set off by then.

You don't see a difference in the two situations? Really?