Dave Penney

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:shock:

Oh my good god. Just seen this, and now I seriously wish I knew more Bristol Rovers fans.

Rovers fans are a wierd bunch. Traditionally happy with thier lot, however always looking over their shoulder at City. They got stability and a 'sit back and counter-attack' style from Trollope, and have wanted him sacked for two years - I cant believe that will change for a second with Penney.

I honestly cant see Penney doing anything there but what he did for us. Causing further discontent. They have a very average squad, havent got any cash and dwindling attendances, I cant see how Penney will change that.

To be honest, I quite like Rovers, but I hope he crashes and burns. Yes he had difficult circumstances for us, but he still did far far more damage than good. Dire football and Joe Colbeck, brilliant. I still see his smirking yarkshire face now and I sooooo hope we win down here now... even more than usual.

Just made my home game even more fun!

I'm just thinking what sort of chants can be used on that day

"sleep in a minute, your gonna sleep in a minute..........."

"Bristol, Bristol, you've got Penney in charge

and you'll never score again

you'll never score again"

Get out of their club, get out of their club, etc....

Just been looking on the Bristol rovers site! eek there's just something about Dave Penney's face that scares me. :omg:

Its not scary. Its just that sly, slightly smiling "we've just lost one-nil, had bugger all shots on target, however I've just said it was a great team performance in a press conference" smirk.

He makes my skin crawl. Bad man. Nasty yarkshire boring man. Bad. Hope he doesnt move onto my street.

Its not scary. Its just that sly, slightly smiling "we've just lost one-nil, had bugger all shots on target, however I've just said it was a great team performance in a press conference" smirk.

He makes my skin crawl. Bad man. Nasty yarkshire boring man. Bad. Hope he doesnt move onto my street.

:lol::lol:

Joe Jacobson lived right oppposite me before he moved to BP. Thank the Lord it's not empty now - I'd have to move out if that smirking pillock moved in.

"I'm honest, I'm hard working and that's what you need from your players. Invariably we defend from the front and win the ball back as high up the pitch. "

One of funniest lines I have read in ages. DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND...... NOOOOOOOO DONT SHOOT DEFEND......

When I read that, I thought the same as you. My other thoughts were, "You're a lying git. The players' interviews since you buggererd off have shown that you defended as deeply as possible, wouldn't let full backs get over the half way line and screwed up the dressing room atmosphere,"

I think he's been reading the Paul Dickov "How to Play Football" manual.

His other brilliant quote was "I made a conscious effort that when I came out of Oldham I was going to try and choose the right football club, and I have been in the fortunate position that I could wait a bit. This felt right when I had the interview."

Yes, Dave. What you really mean is, "Mansfield didn't want me, York didn't want me, that other lot North of the Border didn't want me. You're the first lot to offer me a job, so I'll have it, thanks."

Dangerous Dave? More like Dishonest Dave. Watch yer back if you tell the Bristolians you don't give a monkeys.

Work tomorrow is gonna be a lorra lorra fun.

Was speaking to a Donny fan yesterday funny enough about Penny .

reckons Donny were inspired under him and the football was the best they have seen for years.

Funny old game !!!!!!

One of the reasons I was glad we appointed him was because I remembered how his Donny teams used to tear us apart.

It was when we got linked with Alan White and Steve Foster that I started to doubt whether he was the right man!

When I read that, I thought the same as you. My other thoughts were, "You're a lying git. The players' interviews since you buggererd off have shown that you defended as deeply as possible, wouldn't let full backs get over the half way line and screwed up the dressing room atmosphere,"

His other brilliant quote was "I made a conscious effort that when I came out of Oldham I was going to try and choose the right football club, and I have been in the fortunate position that I could wait a bit. This felt right when I had the interview."

Yes, Dave. What you really mean is, "Mansfield didn't want me, York didn't want me, that other lot North of the Border didn't want me. You're the first lot to offer me a job, so I'll have it, thanks."

Dangerous Dave? More like Dishonest Dave. Watch yer back if you tell the Bristolians you don't give a monkeys.

The thing that makes it obvious that he's an awful, awful manager, is the fact that our two best players this seasons are two players that were crap under Penney. Lee and Furman, who've shown this season they're far too good for this league...

The thing that makes it obvious that he's an awful, awful manager, is the fact that our two best players this seasons are two players that were crap under Penney. Lee and Furman, who've shown this season they're far too good for this league...

The majority of Gasheads seem to be delighted with the appointment of Penney.

Donny fans have been bigging him up like he's better than Mourinho again, like they did to us.

Oh and the reason he failed here was down to us and TTA! Nowt to do with his crap signings, crap motivational skills, parking the bus attitude!

The majority of Gasheads seem to be delighted with the appointment of Penney.

Donny fans have been bigging him up like he's better than Mourinho again, like they did to us.

Oh and the reason he failed here was down to us and TTA! Nowt to do with his crap signings, crap motivational skills, parking the bus attitude!

Du du du du ! Keigan Parker !

At least we didn't pay £60k for Parker. :petesake:

(although we were robbed getting him on a free)

I remember Bradford fans laughing when we signed Colbeck , he was warming their bench

but according to Brizzle Dave has a great knowledge of lower league players :lol: just dont give him any money and you might be fine..

I knew we were doomed when he said his target was to get to 40? points, and then look to kick on from there.

His priority was to avoid relegation, he very nearly failed.

He left Donny coz the chairman felt he couldnt take them any further than mid-table League 1. He's a manager for the conference or a league two team looking for a shot at promotion. League 1 is above his station.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc