Dave Penney

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reserve judgement on holdsworth and would like to see more of him. Would penney take smalley?

First signing will be Pav on loan I reckon, not really getting a look-in at Charlton, scored one league goal all season and bench warming…Purdie may be an option now he's fit but not sure if he's injured again as he's not played the last couple of weeks. (Apparently due to a hamstring problem)

Perhaps we could offer him a buy one get free option on the :censored:e he signed?

Edited by oafcprozac

I wish him all the best.

He doesn't deserve half the abuse a lot of our Neanderthal fans give him. His win percentage at Darlo and Donny would be appealing for any lower league team.

He had money at them clubs though.. we even let him spend £125k!!!!

he deserved to be criticised for not doing his job properly, but he didn't deserve the personal abuse that he got at times

Indeed, you'd think Penney had :censored: their dads and spunked on their mums the way some of the fans behave.

Didn't work out here for him, glad he's gone. Plenty of managers have bad spells.....remember that terrible manager who managed to relegate Leicester City, what was him name again....Ian Holloway?

Then again, we have the sort of fans who chant "Die Ricketts Die" because a player didn't perform for us. :lol:

Edited by Lookers_Carl
swearing

Indeed, you'd think Penney had buttfúcked their dads and spunked on their mums the way some of the fans behave.

Didn't work out here for him, glad he's gone. Plenty of managers have bad spells.....remember that terrible manager who managed to relegate Leicester City, what was him name again....Ian Holloway?

Then again, we have the sort of fans who chant "Die Ricketts Die" because a player didn't perform for us. :lol:

I was embarrassed when I heard that

Indeed, you'd think Penney had :censored: their dads and spunked on their mums the way some of the fans behave.

Ahh spot on. It also depends what brand of football certain clubs are used to. Brizzle always tended to be the usual 4-4-2 side, fairly one paced and basically 'did a job' in the division. Latics fans, generally tend to be the ones who eschew promotion by hook or by crook and prefer pleasing, easy-on-the-eye football any day hence why managers like Penney and Ronnie Moore were universally despised by the fans for most of their tenures.

There's a few Brizzlies who feel quite 'meh' and uninspired by his appointment which will probably mean at the sign of the first misplaced pass will be reading allsorts into his body language ("he's got crossed arms! CROSSED ARMS FOR GODS SAKE!!") and be on his case. I think he'll keep them up, but keep them mid-table next season. They'll beat us though.

We won't win at the Gas, because it's the Gas, and we rarely beat them. Especially at their place. Regardless of their manager.

However, I'll probably go to this one and give him plenty. I've never seen such dross as he churned out. His tactics have been partly responsible for the terrible attendances we endure today, despite vastly improved performances. He's a tosser.

Long term contract too

Are they mad??

Its a funny old game as a manager you can be fired for achieving the square root of FA and still walk into the same job at another place. Don't think there is any other job in the world you can do this with.

Out of our hair, now lets hope we can nick the points too. :wink:

Long term contract too

Are they mad??

Its a funny old game as a manager you can be fired for achieving the square root of FA and still walk into the same job at another place. Don't think there is any other job in the world you can do this with.

Out of our hair, now lets hope we can nick the points too. :wink:

I'm amazed he has gone to Bristol rovers I would expected him to have gone to League 2 where you can argue that he had a good track record. Good luck to them it might work but my god I don't envy them.