Feeney starts

Glad to hear it, hopefully this will be the first of a few chances he gets in the line up, even if he doesn't have a good game today. It's been a while since he played a full game. Give him a chance please people

I'm still hanging fire for him to be on form.....oh wait, damn.

Pleased Dickov changed it, we were obviously tighter with the unfairly criticised Jones wide and without the luxury of Evina and Morais (both decent but leave us open) and sounds like we worked our bollocks off to get back on track along with a thoroughly pleasing nil for the oppo. Well done to all!

Edited by oafcprozac

something has just twigged and its something Prozac mentioned this week and probably something someone who went could tell me , Did Jones on the RW steady the play like he did earlier in the season ?

If so then hats off to you Ritchie

:grin:

I said tighten up, and a 2-0 win ensues! As I say Morais and Evina have done well but we're not good enough to go toe to toe with the top few (Hudds apart) we stood off Southampton and got destroyed, keep it tight and bide our time - especially away from home.

:grin:

I said tighten up, and a 2-0 win ensues! As I say Morais and Evina have done well but we're not good enough to go toe to toe with the top few (Hudds apart) we stood off Southampton and got destroyed, keep it tight and bide our time - especially away from home.

Did we not do that Paul at St Mary's, then they've come back and battered us?

Did we not do that Paul at St Mary's, then they've come back and battered us?

Yeah, but as I said in midweek, we stood off them and tried to go toe to toe. We were doing well with playing Jones and Lewi/Taylor wide - Evina and Morais whilst very good going forward will always leave gaps, Southampton imo exploited our willingness to stand off and ball watch and the wingers left the full-backs exposed. I love to watch expansive football and on occasion it has worked against those teams that have tried to shut up shop but those that have a bloody good go against us have exploited us - Southampton, Hartlepool for instance and Exeter. To a lesser extent we were exposed with the tighter unit at Peterborough but only because we were trying to chase the game. Jones in the team is the way to go imo, he's a steady Eddie and all good teams need those.

Feeney was great today. Ran his bollocks off, chased down lost causes, took some of the weight off Tounk's shoulders, and gave us a physical presence up front. Welcome to the club Warren.

From the commentary, it sounded like he had a good game. Sounded like he was holding the ball up well (Tonk's role for the past few games) allowing Tonks to play more as a striker and scoring. I'll be happy if he carries on playing like that but hope he scores a few to get his confidence up and get a few people off his back...

Feeney was great today. Ran his bollocks off, chased down lost causes, took some of the weight off Tounk's shoulders, and gave us a physical presence up front. Welcome to the club Warren.

Didnt go yesterday, but your description reminds me of his performances for Norn Iron. Lets hope he can have a run of games and become the player he is capable of being.

Yeah, but as I said in midweek, we stood off them and tried to go toe to toe. We were doing well with playing Jones and Lewi/Taylor wide - Evina and Morais whilst very good going forward will always leave gaps, Southampton imo exploited our willingness to stand off and ball watch and the wingers left the full-backs exposed. I love to watch expansive football and on occasion it has worked against those teams that have tried to shut up shop but those that have a bloody good go against us have exploited us - Southampton, Hartlepool for instance and Exeter. To a lesser extent we were exposed with the tighter unit at Peterborough but only because we were trying to chase the game. Jones in the team is the way to go imo, he's a steady Eddie and all good teams need those.

Jones was potentially the reason we 'lost' the win against Exeter, Winchester was knackered and he got no support from RJ albeit he was good yesterday the jurys out.

Jones was potentially the reason we 'lost' the win against Exeter, Winchester was knackered and he got no support from RJ albeit he was good yesterday the jurys out.

Maybe, but the turning point was Brill's dropped bollock after which panic stations ensued. We've had more positive results with Jones in the team than negative. He USUALLY keeps hold of the ball well and links particularly well with Lee. The other wide players are exciting to watch but leave us a bit exposed.

I suppose it's all about balance and finding a blend somewhere inbetween the uber-defensive tactics we had to endure from the Penney regime and the gung-ho tactics that has seen us get a fair few batterings. The solution imo is players like Jones or Lewi out wide with the luxury players on the bench.