Rip off !

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always buy your own car and drive yourself. But remember your 16K is worth about 10K as soon you leave the showroom and then in roughly 3 years it's down 3 or 4K if you're lucky. Added to that currently £1.30 a litre to move the bloody thing. I haven't even started on service and tyre's yet. Catch my drift? stop moaning and go for some direct action against the governments that's took us to here.

You can always buy your own car and drive yourself. But remember your 16K is worth about 10K as soon you leave the showroom and then in roughly 3 years it's down 3 or 4K if you're lucky. Added to that currently £1.30 a litre to move the bloody thing. I haven't even started on service and tyre's yet. Catch my drift? stop moaning and go for some direct action against the governments that's took us to here.

I thought they'd been voted out already :wink:

When I were a lad, we used to hitch hike to the game (occasionally) - that works out really cheap. :wink:

Just a simple fact that it's a total rip off no wonder no one goes on them and lags I am looking for a car

It depends on how much it costs the club to run the coach and how many people they'd get on it to Walsall on a Tuesday night. I don't know how much it those costs are so am in no position to say it's a 'total rip off' - evidently you must be in such a position so perhaps you could enlighten the rest of us.

Personaly i think £20 is expensive, you can drive yourself for that price but i understand that if there is only a few people on the coach they will end up losing money. They should charge £20 but if the coach ends up full they all get a £5 voucher back for the next game.

You can't criticise the club on this one.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect the club charters the coach (or coaches) on commercial terms and then hope to recoup their outlay by selling the seats to fans. It was a lot easier in the 'old' days when supporters coaches were run by private enterprise (remember Barlows?) who stood all the costs (and in turn took the profits). Nowadays, the club has to take the risk and consequently, they have to factor in the likely take-up so I suspect the price is set to reflect a less than 100% take-up (I'm guessing at say 70%) plus possibly have to provide some stewarding on the coaches so all in all, a £20 fare doesn't seem that excessive.