Latics board praised

I reserved my praise until i could see that the signings made weren't a token effort based on us getting a (Latics) high fee for one of our prized assets. It now appears we're having a go, I'm made up to be fair, genuinelythink we've got half a chance.

Praise where praise is due, Far more excited about the final stretch of the season than I expected to be in August.

Well done the board.

Yes it's been a window that no one at the start of the season could possibly have seen coming. The club have gone that extra 10 miles and backed Dickov and the team to push on into the play off's as a minimum. We need to get consistency now and really mount up them points and drive into the play off games with a good head of steam. The other plus to all the activity of incomings is that we've hedged our bets should we fail in that most players contracts will be at an end this summer which means the club can take stock. The down side obviously of that (this is Latics we need one) is the players themselves could move on.

I wonder if all this was/is a gamble that Richards will move on and provide some much needed funds to fill a small corner left from the big hole of TTA pockets.

Edited by Lags

I dont give a monkeys if it turns out to be our moniey thats being spent , full on and deserved credit must be given for firstly the choice of manager , secondly giving him the reigns to bring in more or less who he wants , and thirdly for helping banish all those terrible memories from the Penny era !!

If Simon Corney buys the house i have for sale then i'll be flush again and will be able to start getting to games with regularity. Come on Simon, you knows it makes sense, buy my house for, say, £165000, and i'll start giving you £20 a game plus i'll buy a pint and a burger!

And maybe even a programme.

I can't be the only one to wonder if Messrs Blitz and Gazaal have secretly put a bit of extra cash in?

Either that or Mr Corney is personally worth more than I (we) thought...?

Whatever, it definitely shows real commitment to the club and gives the manager, players and fans a positive vibe and a great incentive.

I just hope, more than anything, this isn't a gamble that could hurt us in the summer.

Didn't LP have him quoted as SB, DG having nothing to do with the club.

It feels like their is new optimism in the club and this needs to spread to the fans in terms of higher attendances.

I believe it just needs a few good resounding wins now and soon more will be on board.

And how much of the new optimism is because of the energy, passion and drive of PD & GT? Compared to last season where things were probably at their lowest i can remember as a Latics fan, the atmosphere surrounding the club (bar the state of the ground) is unrecognisable from Penney's dark days. Seems like Dickov's prescence around the club has given everyone a lift, including SC and its great to see.

The board have been fantastic and given us real hope for this season and with Dickov and his management as well started to get the feel good factor back with some entertaining football.

We need to back the board and management in return.

:grin:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2281781,00.html

How about a couple of hundred replies endorsing this.

i cannot thank sc enough for this season up to yet, after tonights game watching the people we had on the bench to come on and replace tonks,white,morias just goes to show that the board needs and deserves the praise of every latics fan.thank you very much for giving me the same feeling i got in our glory days of big joe and jimmy frizzell