5 new trialists !

More trialists. Definitely no resting on laurels at Latics.

I love the way Dickov goes about picking his players. He doesn't sign anyone, even temporarily, unless he either knows alot about them or he's seen them in train and play with the rest of the squad. None of this "jobs for old mates" that previous managers have been disposed to. Nor does he give contracts to players merely because they used to be good (but have either lost their edge or can't be arsed anymore) in the hope that they will rediscover their form/desire/confidence/bottle.

More trialists. Definitely no resting on laurels at Latics.

I love the way Dickov goes about picking his players. He doesn't sign anyone, even temporarily, unless he either knows alot about them or he's seen them in train and play with the rest of the squad. None of this "jobs for old mates" that previous managers have been disposed to. Nor does he give contracts to players merely because they used to be good (but have either lost their edge or can't be arsed anymore) in the hope that they will rediscover their form/desire/confidence/bottle.

Lost their edge......feeney?

He doesn't sign anyone, even temporarily, unless he either knows alot about them or he's seen them in train and play with the rest of the squad. None of this "jobs for old mates" that previous managers have been disposed to.

I thought the whole "jobs for old mates" thing was because they know a lot about them?

I thought the whole "jobs for old mates" thing was because they know a lot about them?

Or that they're too lazy to find anyone better. Either way, it's not exactly been a winning strategy for us in the past has it?

Lost their edge......feeney?

The exception that proves the rule. He's hardly been one of our star performers so far has he?

Andy Todd?

Brought in as experienced cover for centre back till the end of the season and someone who won't whinge at being third choice. He won't be here next season. I think this one is understandable.

Or that they're too lazy to find anyone better. Either way, it's not exactly been a winning strategy for us in the past has it?

The exception that proves the rule. He's hardly been one of our star performers so far has he?

Brought in as experienced cover for centre back till the end of the season and someone who won't whinge at being third choice. He won't be here next season. I think this one is understandable.

We don't know if PD tried REALLY hard to offload Feeney. If that was the only one he could not shift, he did well in the Jan window still.

Mind you I thought the general consensus was that Feeney's form had picked up?

Simon Whaley

After a trial with Oldham Athletic, Whaley signed for League Two club Chesterfield until the end of the season.

In November 2010, he started training with Doncaster Rovers to regain his fitness, and due to an injury crisis, he was signed by the Championship club on non-contract terms so that he could take his place on the bench for an away game at Portsmouth, which Doncaster won 3–2. He was an unused substitute in this game having played no competitive football since March, and subsequently left the club on 12th January 2011.