Simon Corney has stark news for Latics Fans!

my mate supports the roughyeds and reckons moving to the whitebank is the best thing they've done. i think corney has a plan to be honest from the chron and official articles but the club is in real trouble if he doesnt.

the only thing we can do is go and support the team and hope that we can finish as high up in the league as possible. promotion is starting to look more like what we need than what we want.

Yet still they struggle to get 1,000 fans. I'm glad they've got a new permanent home but I fervently hope we do not have to go through the 13 years of nomadic existence the 'Yeds have had to put up with...

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet still they struggle to get 1,000 fans. I'm glad they've got a new permanent home but I fervently hope we do not have to go through the 13 years of nomadic existence the 'Yeds have had to put up with...

thats because they are in the league they are in, just like us with lapsed fans

I live here and have done all my life and it is over-populated by decaying walking corpses. Just go in the town centre on a weekday and you'll see what I mean. Oldham's a dying, backward thinking :censored:-hole, full of scroungers and low-lifes. We've been importing everyone else's problems around the north-west for years. I was once proud of my roots, now i'm embarrassed to say I come from this dump. The moment my job situation is sorted me and my family are gone. The only pride that remains is my club, if they move I go with them and will not glance back once.

You are spot on.......

100% agree Diego.

Only problem with going to Ashton is that it has its own cinema, bowling & 3g pitches complex

Anyone else remember at the 1st Planning Meeting when a female committee member listed the proposed new facilities and said, "3g Astro Turf pitches... whatever that means"? That is typical of the calibre of our council members. Everything is half-researched and half baked in this once proud town, and that is why it is on its deathbed.

Ignorant, incompetent, gutless, small-minded and self-serving councillors have wrecked Oldham by not looking at what is best for everyone. Not just the noisy minority. But then again, upsetting the noisy minority may cost them votes.

I live here and have done all my life and it is over-populated by decaying walking corpses. Just go in the town centre on a weekday and you'll see what I mean. Oldham's a dying, backward thinking :censored:-hole, full of scroungers and low-lifes. We've been importing everyone else's problems around the north-west for years. I was once proud of my roots, now i'm embarrassed to say I come from this dump. The moment my job situation is sorted me and my family are gone. The only pride that remains is my club, if they move I go with them and will not glance back once.

Could not have said that any better myself

+100% from me too.

Try Spindles on a Sunday. *shudder*

Strange emotions on this, I must admit I've not been going to much recently due to other reasons - wife,kids,lack of money etc..

Can't say I feel that I've missed to much either over the last couple of seasons but the football and structure is promising this season.

Today's news feels like I've been told that a life long friend is terminally ill, Not just any friend but one of those life long friends that is always there for you in your hour of need,

Then they tell you that they could of been saved with the right support and cooperation.

You feel sickened by the people who let this happen to your friend,

My friend I will always be there for you,as you have for me. Right up until your final hour.

Strange emotions on this, I must admit I've not been going to much recently due to other reasons - wife,kids,lack of money etc..

Can't say I feel that I've missed to much either over the last couple of seasons but the football and structure is promising this season.

Today's news feels like I've been told that a life long friend is terminally ill, Not just any friend but one of those life long friends that is always there for you in your hour of need,

Then they tell you that they could of been saved with the right support and cooperation.

My friend I will always be there for you,as you have for me. Right up until your final hour.

are you going tomorrow?

you have just nearly made me cry

Oscar Wilde re-incarnated

there'd be no comparison

we've tried to stay in Oldham, they specifically wanted to move 80 miles away

If we move out of the borough of Oldham it is exactly the same. The distance is irrelevant, be it 80 yards or 80 miles. Oldham Athletic belongs in Oldham. Take it out and it is Oldham Athletic no more.

i don't want to be rude but you're talking :censored:e

How exactly is it Oldham Athletic if it is no longer in Oldham?!?

We are Oldham Athletic because we are from Oldham and we represent the town of Oldham. If we are not in Oldham, how the hell are we representing it? Please explain that to me.

Agree Dave its ok people saying lets move out of Oldham should we go kill off all the non league sides in Ashton? as short term move while a new staduim was located then yes. But if people are thinking longterm then you might aswell drop the Oldham from the name. Atleast Failsworth was on the border.

If we move out of the borough of Oldham it is exactly the same. The distance is irrelevant, be it 80 yards or 80 miles. Oldham Athletic belongs in Oldham. Take it out and it is Oldham Athletic no more.

i think we all know we will probably go under if we stay in oldham, just like it became impossible to stay at BP its becoming increasingly impossible to stay in oldham. i used to have to mind set that if we go away from oldham then i wont support the team until recently. we realistically have little other option, so if we :censored: off to another town ill still be there supporting the team regardless of if its oldham athletic or not

HAHA, This guys post on the M.E.N site is great, Cheered me up. :lol:

"Did you, Mr Batty? Well done sir. Having said that, I can't help my suspicion that nowhere amongst your "8000-word list of objections" was there any mention of your true motives: "My dog does its mess on that land and I don’t have to bother pooper-scooping," perhaps. Or: "It might affect the value of my house and make me irritable, even though I never plan on selling (unless it goes up)." Or: “Since I hate football and consider anyone who likes it to be a ruffian, I shall weald such power as has befallen me not for the betterment of the majority but for my own personal gratification, and I shall disguise my selfishness by proclaiming my actions are for the good of the people.” Well let’s have a look at your case for, as you put it, “the genuine beneficiaries of this land.” By your own admission, the site has over the last 100 years or so been an industrial clay pit, a golf driving range (I imagine inaccessible to the general walker for health and safety reasons), undeveloped wasteland, and for 40 years a landfill dump, to which, by the sound of it, you’d prefer it to return than become a football stadium. Why? Perhaps when proposals for a country park were made you could suddenly see your house transported to the countryside without paying a single penny for the privilege. What luck! You could pretend you were in The Archers. And the value of your property would surely rise. But plans were reconsidered, by which point you already felt some measure of entitlement. And so you were up in arms, telling planners to keep their hands off “Our Country Park”. Well, I’ve got news for you, it never was a country park, and it certainly wasn’t YOURS! NIMBYs believe land that has nothing to do with them is actually their “back yard”. Well it isn’t. And your 8000 words of protest are no more valid than a dozen words of any of your opponents because you are not worth more than your fellow man. You are not entitled to good fortune. You are a citizen like everyone else. This is as unremarkable a piece of land as is possible to imagine. Were it in the Lake District or the New Forest, I could perhaps understand your wanting to preserve it, but it isn’t. It’s in Failsworth. It will never be Ambridge. Get over it. Or move. I did. Why? Because “I’ve got nowt, but I’m not letting go of it” was an attitude I couldn’t abide. It ensures Failsworth will never be anything other than a miserable, underdeveloped hole, with no features, no prospects, no ambition and no hope. Because of objectionable objectors like you. I’m glad of this decision. You deserve it. Oldham Athletic will do better to look elsewhere for a ground. Very elsewhere. And leave Failsworth to Failsworthians – there’s a clue in the name."

vs huddersfield away... the fans should try out the poznan... search into you tube

and see if we can start it for a great atmosphere

pass this round, and see if we can have a great day out, if we get everyone to do it, it'll be famous, the city game did it and see how many cameras there were, lets be that club... lets show how amazing our fans really are

vs huddersfield away... the fans should try out the poznan... search into you tube

pass this round, and see if we can have a great day out, if we get everyone to do it, it'll be famous, the city game did it and see how many cameras there were, lets be that club... lets show how amazing our fans really are

funniest comment of the day so far for me

can't we just wave shoes in the air like we normally do there?