Simon Corney has stark news for Latics Fans!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldham Council clearly don't want Latics or the Rugby club to be situated in the Borough. As such, why the hell do we (as Oldham fans) really give a stuff about the club being in Oldham?

Personally, I would much rather Latics survived and have a 'Manchester' or 'A.N.Other' postcode, than die on its arse with an Oldham postcode! End of the day its the team & club that matters not where the post office deliver our mail to. If it is that important to fans we could have the club set up without an address as such and just have a PO Box in Oldham!

In view of the apparent behaviour and handling of the spineless councils involvement in this matter, I hope Corney tells 'em to stick it. Take the club elsewhere and let us thrive from our new green shoots.

One idea IF we CAN stay at BP may be to explore rotating the ground through 90 degrees. Have the entrance that side and build 2 ends where we currently have the George Hill Main Stand and the vacant stand area now. Extend the Rocky Road end and have the (new) pitch closer to that side of the stand.

My fear is that if only 3000 turn up tomorrow it's like saying the fans don't care either............. this could be the straw that breaks the camels back for Mr. Corney :disappointed:

Well I'm there as is my old man...so there's 2.....

Ashton seems to be the way to go for me, at least is has an Oldham postcode! :grin:

From the sounds of it tho, Simon doesn't want to pay for more planning applications and all the bulldust that goes with it.

Have always said, even before this mess. Oldham, love the club, hate the town.

Oldham Council clearly don't want Latics or the Rugby club to be situated in the Borough. As such, why the hell do we (as Oldham fans) really give a stuff about the club being in Oldham?

Personally, I would much rather Latics survived and have a 'Manchester' or 'A.N.Other' postcode, than die on its arse with an Oldham postcode! End of the day its the team & club that matters not where the post office deliver our mail to. If it is that important to fans we could have the club set up without an address as such and just have a PO Box in Oldham!

In view of the apparent behaviour and handling of the spineless councils involvement in this matter, I hope Corney tells 'em to stick it. Take the club elsewhere and let us thrive from our new green shoots.

One idea IF we CAN stay at BP may be to explore rotating the ground through 90 degrees. Have the entrance that side and build 2 ends where we currently have the George Hill Main Stand and the vacant stand area now. Extend the Rocky Road end and have the (new) pitch closer to that side of the stand.

+1

That's a silly thing to say, possible but if we go into admin maybe there'll be another knight to buy the club again.

Corney has said he won't put the club into admin so we need to see his next move.

It isn't as simple as going onto admin - you would have to find an admisnitartor who can cocnlude that there is a possibility of the club emerging as a going concern otherwise it's liquidation

But does SC have the money to support a bid to move to another area? After the amount of money he has thrown at the Failsworth project, i cant see him willing to chuck more money at an alternative location with no guarenteed positive end result for it.

Here Here. I wouldnt mind moving to Tameside or wherever else is suggested, it may generate more fans, as Id kind of class it as an away day!

Ashton seems to be the way to go for me, at least is has an Oldham postcode! :grin:

From the sounds of it tho, Simon doesn't want to pay for more planning applications and all the bulldust that goes with it.

Have always said, even before this mess. Oldham, love the club, hate the town.

Feel free to use mate;

3xRM.png

Love the Club, Hate the Town.

I like that.

It would be great to fill the stadium with people wearing t-shirts saying it. Something needs to be done to try and make a bit of news and shame the council.

Edit: Or the players to wear it under their shirts to be shown after a goal

Edited by BlueInAus

Come to Oldham and enjoy a town with

No football team.

Nearly no pro rugby league team.

No cinema

No bowling alley

No ice rink

The most expensive takeaways in Britain due to a new Levy.

No decent shops in the town centre

No Town Hall

No leadership with half a bollock.

And yet the half baked counsellors that cause this still get voted in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... Simon is an emotional guy and I don't blame him for his reaction in the slightest...

I agree with SC when he says on the OS he does not think the Council is capable of helping the Club to deliver the new stadium.

The Council has shown ineptitude of catastrophic proportions where the Club is concerned.