Which of these Greater Manchester grounds could Latics share ?

Groundshare  

211 members have voted

1. 1. If we were to share a ground, who would you like to share with

• Rochdale/Spotland
    • Bury/Gigg Lane
    • Curzon Ashton (if redeveloped)
    • Stalybridge Celtic
    • Manchester Regional Athletics Arena
    • No Preference, any of the above
    • Completely against a ground share of any kind

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It keeps me (relatively) sane and saves me from getting banned for typing what I really feel about any thought of a move to Salford.

Heres a q for you then

We can only assume from what SC said that there is a very strong possibility that we will be ground sharing next season. Obviously this ground share will move the club out of the borough temporarily at least.

If the decision was made to groundshare, assuming that it was only on a temporary basis whilst a new site was found in Oldham, what do you think the most viable groundshare option would be?

Heres a q for you then

We can only assume from what SC said that there is a very strong possibility that we will be ground sharing next season. Obviously this ground share will move the club out of the borough temporarily at least.

If the decision was made to groundshare, assuming that it was only on a temporary basis whilst a new site was found in Oldham, what do you think the most viable groundshare option would be?

Having been to many league grounds up and down the land, I refuse to believe that Boundary Park is so unsafe that we will not be able to play football there next season...and, indeed, the season after that, while alternative plans are made. I'm still hoping that Simon's words were designed to draw a positive reaction from the council and, on that basis, I refuse to even contemplate or discuss a groundshare. It might mean that I'm in for a huge shock, but I'll deal with that in my own mind if/when it arises.

What I cannot reconcile is the clamour amongst some people to see us leave the town.

Having been to many league grounds up and down the land, I refuse to believe that Boundary Park is so unsafe that we will not be able to play football there next season...and, indeed, the season after that, while alternative plans are made. I'm still hoping that Simon's words were designed to draw a positive reaction from the council and, on that basis, I refuse to even contemplate or discuss a groundshare. It might mean that I'm in for a huge shock, but I'll deal with that in my own mind if/when it arises.

What I cannot reconcile is the clamour amongst some people to see us leave the town.

Fair enough, I may ask you the same question again if it does turn out that we are groundsharing but very honest answer nevertheless.

Heres a q for you then

If they do have to ground share Carl (and I hope not), I have a sneaking feeling it might be with Stalybridge Celtic on a temporary basis, they already have links with Latics reserve team playing there and it's a football league standard ground I understand.

you might want to think about changing your user name :wink:

There's a lot going for The Tameside stadium, plenty of scope for development, lots of parking space, popular shopping town nearby, good road, rail and bus links (and soon metrolink), and although outside the borough it's not considered alien territory to some like Failsworth.

Maybe worth considering.

and still be an OL postcode... :huh:

coat on... :disappointed:

Having mulled things overnigh ta dn not a great nights sleep, we are low ont he options front.

I have always said groundsharing is the worst scenario, but if there is ring fenced money then, the quote someone ssaid is shelving principles for survial.

But if there is no ring fenced money, selling BP pays Blitz back for buying BP, and Lancast club pays the Director laons leaving us nothnig, but no debt.

So where to ground share:

Not Spotland, RFC, and RHFC share

Not Gigg Lane Bury and FCUM

REgional Athletics whilst able to fit, would be suicidal

Curzon seems only likely case, and we are not strong int he negotiationg stakes here, they will know we are desperate.

Who have the club been laising with?

all this talk of Curzon Ashton, other grounds in Tameside include Ashton Utd, Droylsden and Hyde...all i think with 4K + capacities...parking at all 3 is a nightmare mind.. :huh:

IMG_9783_5_1.jpg

Curzon Ashton (Capacity 4000)

1500.jpg

Bower Fold Stalybridge (Capacity 6000)

hu22.jpg

Ewan Fields Hyde (Capacity 5000)

3058015583_f6b4b80e82.jpg

The Butchers Arms, Droyelsden (Capacity 3000)

IMG_9783_5_1.jpg

Curzon Ashton (Capacity 4000)

1500.jpg

Bower Fold Stalybridge (Capacity 6000)

hu22.jpg

Ewan Fields Hyde (Capacity 5000)

3058015583_f6b4b80e82.jpg

The Butchers Arms, Droyelsden (Capacity 3000)

Ashton United at Hurst Cross..4,500 capacity (250 seated)

thing to consider here as well is the wear and tear on these pitches..especially if we have a long spell of bad weather....which we unfortunately are reknowed for... :huh:

That was in the days when we had a future that was potentially being threatened by lack of ambition.

Now we have no future, anywhere will do... :unsure:

I can't help feeling we're in a no win situation. It seems the prospect of any future in Oldham is sliding away. But it doesn't matter who on here says they'll follow the club out of Oldham and who won't - the simple fact is the significant majority of fans won't. If we leave Oldham, our future - if we have one at all - will be non-league, in front of no more than a thousand, competing with the clubs it's being suggested we share with - Hyde, Stalyvegas, Curzon etc.

That was in the days when we had a future that was potentially being threatened by lack of ambition.

Now we have no future, anywhere will do... :unsure:

I can't help feeling we're in a no win situation. It seems the prospect of any future in Oldham is sliding away. But it doesn't matter who on here says they'll follow the club out of Oldham and who won't - the simple fact is the significant majority of fans won't. If we leave Oldham, our future - if we have one at all - will be non-league, in front of no more than a thousand, competing with the clubs it's being suggested we share with - Hyde, Stalyvegas, Curzon etc.

yes - and at the time there were 2 camps - one who demanded blind and unceasing ambition and the other who saw the reality of the position. We are in a no win position - the club owns nothing, the council don't want to be involved, and the landowners now want their money back.

yes - and at the time there were 2 camps - one who demanded blind and unceasing ambition and the other who saw the reality of the position. We are in a no win position - the club owns nothing, the council don't want to be involved, and the landowners now want their money back.

and we have a bloody good chance of making the play offs and who knows what after that....fekkin brilliant.. :angry:

Rochdale, Bury, Stalybridge Celtic, Curzon Ashton (if redeveloped), and the Manchester Regional Athletics Arena.

I have only chosen a few local possibilities, none are in Oldham as the ground capacities won't be large enough) if you know of any others list them in your reply.

I considered Bolton Wanderers and Wigan Athletic, but think they are too far away.

You forgot Whitebank ......