I think this needs explaining now!

LEAGUE football will not take place at Boundary Park next season as the full implications of the collapse of the plans for a new stadium are realised.

I know Simon is very emotional at the moment and rightly so, we all are!!

You can't come out with a comment like that without adding some meat to the bones!!

Why will there be no football at BP, is it because there'll be no money to continue, the ground's been sold, some clause in the deal with Blitz and Gazal??

Get yer arse in gear Simon, tell it as it is and let's see what we can do about it as a collective!

It's our team and we'll live and die together!!

As my mum used to say, 'you can't hide from it forever, get out there right away, face it up and sort it out'

I'll see you at the ground then :wink:

LEAGUE football will not take place at Boundary Park next season as the full implications of the collapse of the plans for a new stadium are realised.

You can't come out with a comment like that without adding some meat to the bones!!

Why will there be no football at BP, is it because there'll be no money to continue, the ground's been sold, some clause in the deal with Blitz and Gazal??

Get yer arse in gear Simon, tell it as it is and let's see what we can do about it as a collective!

As my mum used to say, 'you can't hide from it forever, get out there right away, face it up and sort it out'

I know one reason is that at least one stand will struggle to be re-awarded its safety certificate, once it expires later this year...

Edited by oafcprozac

I know one reason is that at least one stand will struggle to be re-awarded its safety certificate, once it expires later this year...

Although it's fair to say they weren't going to get the go-ahead from the Charity Commission in February and put the mecano kit together for a new stadium to be opened by August.

it also says further down the article that it is a prediction from corney. hes not said dfinate. and it also says he is looking at all other available options. think its made pretty clear myself. probably emotions talking over his head but basically saying he is looking for a ground share with someone. if it costs so much to run BP nad for the upkeep of BP how long do you think they can keep funding it without any concrete plans for a move or renovation or anything positive

it also says further down the article that it is a prediction from corney. hes not said dfinate. and it also says he is looking at all other available options. think its made pretty clear myself. probably emotions talking over his head but basically saying he is looking for a ground share with someone. if it costs so much to run BP nad for the upkeep of BP how long do you think they can keep funding it without any concrete plans for a move or renovation or anything positive

I hear what you're saying but it isn't clear!

If Simon as the leader of the club makes a statement 'predicting' what's going to happen, then I'm damned sure that's what's going to happen!!

Unless of course it was knee jerk reaction to the events and if so, it needs explaining as such and then we can all calm down a little.

The way I interpreted SC's statement is that it is unlikely Oldham Athletic will be playing their football at Boundary Park next season, as they are not prepared to continue funding the upkeep of a dilapidated stadium. A couple of other things too...

- The club have stated in the past that Boundary Park costs about 400,000 a year just to maintain (although this was disputed by a fair few)

- FCUM pay Bury 5k a game to use Gigg Lane, 5k x 23 = 115k a season

So could we be safe to assume that, even with the costs of renting seperate offices, a considerable saving would be made through sharing grounds?

Although it's fair to say they weren't going to get the go-ahead from the Charity Commission in February and put the mecano kit together for a new stadium to be opened by August.

Yes why has this come out now we werent moving to failsworth next season even had they given us planning permission before christmas.

Yes why has this come out now we werent moving to failsworth next season even had they given us planning permission before christmas.

As the latest setback will have put failsworth back a hell of alot further, if it hasnt killed it outright.

Remember, the original plan was to move into the stadium in 2011, which was delayed by the incompetent f***wits at Oldham Council who didnt do their homework properly on the lower memorial park land

As the latest setback will have put failsworth back a hell of alot further, if it hasnt killed it outright.

Remember, the original plan was to move into the stadium in 2011, which was delayed by the incompetent f***wits at Oldham Council who didnt do their homework properly on the lower memorial park land

Thought it was 2012 the proposed date to move into the stadium?

That date is still realistic, providing we get the green-light from the CC if the application is re-submitted (no fook up this time OMBC if we do! and no 'bad weather' to dely decisions)

How can it be knee jerk?? we have 3 stands and one stands certificate expires soon, leaves us with 2 and cant play in FL with 2 , we are moving unless something is done with lookers!!!!

But surely this applies even if Failsworth was given the green light.

If the stand loses its certificate next season what would we have done for next season !!!!!!!

Surely we have something lined up to stay until Failsworth would have been ready ??

It could be that if the stadium in Failsworth had got the green light it would have been viable to keep boundry park open a bit longer. The problem being now Failsworth has fallen through and there is no prospect of a new stadium that could be built to start generating income in the near future without starting the process all over again on a new sight. Would there be sufficient funding to keep boundry park open as well? Or the will for that matter.

I imagine the club would have ground shared for a couple of years while the new stadium was built.

But surely this applies even if Failsworth was given the green light.

If the stand loses its certificate next season what would we have done for next season !!!!!!!

Surely we have something lined up to stay until Failsworth would have been ready ??

exactly

Corney coming out with that statement about us not playing at BP next year has nothing to do with the safety certificate

it would have had to be renewed anyway

Could we play all our games away? Hypothetically?

No.

Rotherham are probably the example we need to look at.

They were given permission to play outside their home town for 3 years. I think their time is nearly up and their £750k (?) surety and "golden share" of football league membership is due for renegotiation.

All other conversations aside, wasnt there a covenant included with the sale of the land which meant that football had to be guaranteed on the site for at least 10 (or possibly 15) years....

All other conversations aside, wasnt there a covenant included with the sale of the land which meant that football had to be guaranteed on the site for at least 10 (or possibly 15) years....

I'm guessing that only applies if there is a club to play there