CARLISLE- THE REAL TEST OF SUPPORT

Or, in reality, people with long term "disabilities" (as confirmed by doctors) currently get extra money (about £30 iirc, not £40) to assist them in the extra costs required in maintaining their health. Obviously it's a bit of a broad brush, just allowing anyone classed as "long-term" to get extra money, but then again how can you refine the allowance without increasing the cost of administration?

There is a lot of information available on charity / voluntary sector / government websites. It doesn't take much effort to be fully informed, if you want to pontificate on a subject.

But I am right. Alcholics do get extra monies over and above what non alcoholics get. Besides calm down tiger it was a bit of fun!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where as this idea come from ? I have probably been on here every day since the forum started...

by appear i meant post..

before you say it, i know you used to post alot, however in last few months you normally over post when theirs bad news for the club, you'll pick out your arguments then you'll disappear again.. double standards.. especially since if you judge it also on viewing the board, as Barry is on reguarly..

Now, back on track.... I sent out a text rallying call to my mates. 15 years ago we used to go en masse but marriages, divorces, kids blah blah saw our tradition fall by the wayside. There are 2 of us going, 1 more possibly bringing his son, another will come if he gets home from work in time. and I'm still waiting on answers from a few more....

I think it's a great idea. If we put in a good performance there's a good chance these lads might come again. Certainly the younguns will be mythering to go again.

On the travelling point.... Wouldnt it be a great offer if the local bus companies let anyone with a ticket to the game travel there and back for free? Be a nice way for them to contribute to the cause and it wouldnt cost them anymore? The bus would be running regardless....... Might be worth someone in power at the club making an approach?

Edited by BlueJazzer

But I am right. Alcholics do get extra monies over and above what non alcoholics get. Besides calm down tiger it was a bit of fun!

What makes you think I'm not calm lags? You clearly like to repeat things you've "heard" from sources you "choose" to believe. I doubt any amount of facts will change your view. And you are wrong.

Whatever floats your boat on the "fun" scale. :huh:

by appear i meant post..

before you say it, i know you used to post alot, however in last few months you normally over post when theirs bad news for the club, you'll pick out your arguments then you'll disappear again.. double standards.. especially since if you judge it also on viewing the board, as Barry is on reguarly..

Simply not true... I don't post on the games and performances of the players - how could I ?... I do post on other matters which come up... Obviously the eb and flow of those things changes...

To suggest I only comment on negative things is a joke. I could point out a number of posts over the last week where I have praised positive things... £2 deal being the most obvious one...

Edited by oafc0000

What makes you think I'm not calm lags? You clearly like to repeat things you've "heard" from sources you "choose" to believe. I doubt any amount of facts will change your view. And you are wrong.

Whatever floats your boat on the "fun" scale. :huh:

So alcoholics don't get extra money? yes or no

Seeing as folk on benefits seem to be taking a little bit of a battering and everyone on them appear to being tar brushed it got me thinking. There must be quite a few who once attended Latics (also given the financial climate rhere will be quite a few more to come) and now genuinely cannot afford to attend due to having no work and on benefits. These are the very people we need to keep in the habit of attending and where the club could indeed generate goodwill in the town. Why not offer all benefit people (who can produce evidence) every home match for £2 and upto 2 children in for a £1. Lets face it chances are they wouldn't be attending in the first place and it would be one scheme that's not a loss leader. Even allow the local benefit's office to promote it.

Now for a bit of fun. Did you know registered alcoholics on benefits recieve additional monies (£40 and upwards per week) to buy the alcohol they need? perfect for the Roccy end due to the bar!!

Don't suppose you've muted this to anyone Lags its not the worst idea Ive heard.

Don't suppose you've muted this to anyone Lags its not the worst idea Ive heard.

Nope you guessed right brother. I don't know if it's workable or how it could be administered without widespread abuse. However I do think it's good idea, what do you reckon Real?

So, to summarise:

Oldhamers are drunk, benefit-ridden tramps

Barry was born with two feet in his mouth, but is still advertising space for rent, and will fulfill the Law of Barry by replying to this and making it worse.

Some of us slightly older types have maybe been at fault in using our longer life experience to tell the younger people what to think in a patronising and wrong way, and we need to take a breath before we do so again.

Young people are wrong, and evil, and should be dealt with using cruel and brutal measures.

Hope that clears it all up, I'm off to go bugger a goat.

Nope you guessed right brother. I don't know if it's workable or how it could be administered without widespread abuse. However I do think it's good idea, what do you reckon Real?

You want alcoholics and drug users to get cheaper tickets? :wink:

(An alky or drug user signing unemployed gets the same as anyone else signing unemployed; an alky or drug user on long term sick gets the same as anyone else on long term sick - whether that's for a "bad back", "stress", "depression" or indeed alcoholism - having said which the system/approach has been changed over the last few years, recent claims are subject to much more rigorous medical requirements, older claims are gradually being reviewed afaik)

I'd agree with the idea of those on low incomes getting cheaper tickets, there are ways it could be done, but policing it is a hassle. Maybe one of the pro-sport/healthy living charity type groups could assist, on the basis that getting kids from low income households watching sport might increase their desire to participate in sport too?

One for the trust? Baz / anyone else, you still looking at the thread? There's certainly some scope for thinsg to be done.

Edited by real

The irony in this is beautiful:

what else can you buy for £2 really come on ! carnt even get a bus for less than £2 ! but most of the dossers waste there money on cider and drugs etc did i say you or anyone else does ? no i didnt i said people of oldham i didnt point you or your little mate out did i ?

You know when people start their sentances with "No offence, but..." and really what they mean is "I'm going to offend you, get ready..." ?

This:

If you kept up with things and attended forums etc you may be more aware of what is going on and many of the questions posed on the site get answered in such an arena. I answer PMs .letters and communications so most of the stuff is covered.

I see fans who post on this site at games and we engage in talks in many areas. Of course that is not an options open to you as you don't atend games as I understand it. Nor do you seek out answers by attending a Trust Meeting although you have been invited and even one of the Directors offered to pick you up. A bit rich to hold the flag for people you say don't get answers from me.

Positive engagement about the manager, his squad, the excitment of games and the club generally, are clearly things you are limited on due to you lack of involvement.

As I said I am not picking on you but your lack of involvement and "feel" for the club at this moment in time does limit your ability to make accurate comment and engage with the fans who prove themselves by true support of the club. Those are the people I engage with regularly who are aware of everything going on at the moment. And before you ask or make the point , there are areas that I cannot discuss at the moment for obvious reasons. Perhaps I well see you at the next Trust Meeting or Fans Forum but somehow I feel not.

These are the places you may get answers to your points although your stage will not be as big.!!!!

Barry

what else can you buy for £2 really come on ! carnt even get a bus for less than £2 ! but most of the dossers waste there money on cider and drugs etc did i say you or anyone else does ? no i didnt i said people of oldham i didnt point you or your little mate out did i ?

You honestly think that only people in Oldham drink cider and do drugs?

(An alky or drug user signing unemployed gets the same as anyone else signing unemployed; an alky or drug user on long term sick gets the same as anyone else on long term sick - whether that's for a "bad back", "stress", "depression" or indeed alcoholism - having said which the system/approach has been changed over the last few years, recent claims are subject to much more rigorous medical requirements, older claims are gradually being reviewed afaik)

I'd agree with the idea of those on low incomes getting cheaper tickets, there are ways it could be done, but policing it is a hassle. Maybe one of the pro-sport/healthy living charity type groups could assist, on the basis that getting kids from low income households watching sport might increase their desire to participate in sport too?

One for the trust? Baz / anyone else, you still looking at the thread? There's certainly some scope for thinsg to be done.

So I can now pontificate about Alcoholics getting more money than say a non alcoholic. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Like you say I do just believe everything I am told and I am incapable of reading goverment websites unlike your good self to assertain if it's correct.

I really don't understand why you seem to try to belittle me over something I was correct on to which now you've had to admit. Indeed it was merely a light hearted attempt at humour after I'd posted that maybe some poster's had tarred all benefit claimers with the same brush and kind of beat them all with a stick. However you seem to try to belittle people a lot. It won't work with me though Nigel.

Now who is incapable of reading? I think the original post was about people on benefits and maybe operating the £2 in scheme for all.

If you kept up with things and attended forums etc you may be more aware of what is going on and many of the questions posed on the site get answered in such an arena. I answer PMs .letters and communications so most of the stuff is covered.I see fans who post on this site at games and we engage in talks in many areas. Of course that is not an options open to you as you don't atend games as I understand it. Nor do you seek out answers by attending a Trust Meeting although you have been invited and even one of the Directors offered to pick you up. A bit rich to hold the flag for people you say don't get answers from me.

Positive engagement about the manager, his squad, the excitment of games and the club generally, are clearly things you are limited on due to you lack of involvement.

As I said I am not picking on you but your lack of involvement and "feel" for the club at this moment in time does limit your ability to make accurate comment and engage with the fans who prove themselves by true support of the club. Those are the people I engage with regularly who are aware of everything going on at the moment. And before you ask or make the point , there are areas that I cannot discuss at the moment for obvious reasons. Perhaps I well see you at the next Trust Meeting or Fans Forum but somehow I feel not.

These are the places you may get answers to your points although your stage will not be as big.!!!!

Barry

Living 200 miles away I cannot attend fans forums and would not know what you even look like to speak with you on a match day. So this forum is perfect place for similar fans to get answers to valid questions

I think 00000 has a point. Lots of valid questions are asked on threads that you are posting on but get ignored whilst other questions on these same threads are answered by you.

If you kept up with things and attended forums etc you may be more aware of what is going on and many of the questions posed on the site get answered in such an arena. I answer PMs .letters and communications so most of the stuff is covered.

I see fans who post on this site at games and we engage in talks in many areas. Of course that is not an options open to you as you don't atend games as I understand it. Nor do you seek out answers by attending a Trust Meeting although you have been invited and even one of the Directors offered to pick you up. A bit rich to hold the flag for people you say don't get answers from me.

Barry

And then the Trust wonders why it is considered a club of insiders and not representative of the fans?

If he doesn't go regularly he doesn't go. It doesn't make him any less entitiled to an opinion. It doesn't make him any less entitled to care.

I really hope that the next "Trust Director" of whatever organisation decides to spunk £250k on putting a puppet on the board is a little more open to the people, a little more politically correct and chooses someone who understands their role, someone who galvanizes rather than divides opinion.

I am sorry Barry, and I know that you try, but, on here, you are petulant at best, usually divisive and other times offensive. This is our hour of need, this is your time to make a difference yet you continue to have a pop at those who don't attend rather than encouraging them.

Edited by latic12345