Goodbye, my dear friend

Throwing it open, what do people want from Barry?

For him to keep answering questions on here as he has been doing.

To make it more accessible and professional though, how about a thread being put at the top of the board under the 'sticky' threads called 'Club questions for Barry' or along those lines, where when we have a legitimate question to ask regarding the club, Barry does his best to answer the posts when he is able to.

For those fans not on here, i'd suggest a fortnightly blog to be done by Barry updating fans of the latest news regarding the club, or what is ongoing etc so everyone is up to date - set up a blog and then attach the link within the official club newsletters and updates that we get sent out via email and also arrange to have the blogs re-printed fornightly in the Chron so those who are lapsed from the club or 'floaters' will also be kept updated and at least have some form of regular communication via their fans representative.

OK?

Blogs etc have all been suggested before and nothing has happened... The calls for more insight have gone nowhere..

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God I wish I lived in Australia. This country is crap and we have no future beyond this government I would love to come to the beach and play.

Don't take for granted what you have.

:wink:

That's what's wrong with football fans....everyone stereotypes! Some of us don't live on the beach.........some of us have to go to work not even passing a beach....in fact, the sun doesn't even bloody shine every day. God, i wish some people would get a grip......it's hard enough adapting to a foreign lifestyle without people taking a pop as though we've got it easy over here!

And here's me thinking that watching and supporting your football club was like getting married. Say after me "In sickness or in health, for richer or poorer". Bloody hell it's a good job the manager and the team dont have the same attitude as some of you lot. In my fifty years watching "Latics". It has always been a roller coaster ride, I wont be " giving up" until the clubs, or my own last breath has been gasped, and I'm not expecting either any time soon, so whilst some may not have any fight left in them, and others may want to hoist the white flag, and some of you may want to turn and run, or just plain and simple surrender,carry on. Me I shall continue to do what I have done for over fifty years, live and breath MY football club. But most of all SUPPORT them.

Bloody hell it's a good job the manager and the team dont have the same attitude as some of you lot.

To be fair they are paid an incredible amount of money for the amount of people they pull through the turnstile to compensate their hardship of having to kick around a bag of air every day for a "living"... :wink:

I for one have a lot of time for Derek Wilson and his statement is absolutely bang on about the Trust and it would have been much more successful if both he , and one or two others who walked away cos of dinasuar Barry,s leadership , would have stayed and Barry would have left and took up a role in which P.R skills arent important!

Wish you well as always Derek and hopefully the Latics fire in your belly will keep smouldering and bring you back not only as a fan but in a position where you and more modern and forward thinking people can lead the Trust into a much more successful position as it always should have been..I.M.O

To be fair they are paid an incredible amount of money for the amount of people they pull through the turnstile to compensate their hardship of having to kick around a bag of air every day for a "living"... :wink:

Our players were getting payed "An incedible ammount of money" last season also. BUT their attitude this season is completely different,and they are doing everything they can to get MORE people to go and watch.

That's what's wrong with football fans....everyone stereotypes! Some of us don't live on the beach.........some of us have to go to work not even passing a beach....in fact, the sun doesn't even bloody shine every day. God, i wish some people would get a grip......it's hard enough adapting to a foreign lifestyle without people taking a pop as though we've got it easy over here!

Ha Ha, yeah im sure its absolutely terrible! Now stop whining and go and throw another shrimp on the barbie cobber. I've got t' go walk th'whippet!

i'm Oldham through and through, i'm passionate as hell about this club, i follow all round the country when i can afford, i marched on the town hall steps for our stadium, i'm fed up of look at me i don't go anymore, do one then, we'll see you at BP for the play offs when your begging for tickets

Up the Blues.

It's not completely fair to say blogs have been suggested and nothing has happened.

Blogs have been suggested and rejected on the grounds that there's no point Barry opening himself to even more abuse on a fortnightly basis. Deserved or not, he has a point. Whatever he does or says, someone will have a go, and in so doing will probably deflect the thread and the original purpose of the blog.

Ok, how about this for a constructive suggestion. I would suggest that we give the following a trial until the end of the season, and then take it from there.

1) All questions to Barry are posted in an 'ask barry' thread, which Barry will answer as and when he can, instead of it turning to a free for all on here as it usually does when Barry posts.

2) Barry, in co-ordination with myself, will write a monthly blog which will be posted on the Trust Oldham website, and when possible will be put in the matchday programme.

Any feedback on this idea from members (including Barry) would be welcome.

Ok, how about this for a constructive suggestion. I would suggest that we give the following a trial until the end of the season, and then take it from there.

1) All questions to Barry are posted in an 'ask barry' thread, which Barry will answer as and when he can, instead of it turning to a free for all on here as it usually does when Barry posts.

2) Barry, in co-ordination with myself, will write a monthly blog which will be posted on the Trust Oldham website, and when possible will be put in the matchday programme.

Yes please.

yep works for me, i'd also include a link to the blog by Barry in the official newsletter which goes out via email, get the blog out to a wider audience.

I am reminded of some posts we made back in July 2009, when I first suggested a Barry's blog.

Barry's Blog

<!--quoteo(post=286218:date=Jul 23 2009, 21:25 PM:name=Lookers_Carl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lookers_Carl @ Jul 23 2009, 21:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286218"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well the idea is I would do the trawling for him and generalise the data. As a postgraduate researcher its what I do for a living so that wouldnt be a problem.

And I was also thinking a combination of qualitative and quantitative thing

AS an aside, I think I was expeciting Barry to be part of the announcement of the new ground.

Maybe it would be good to have a barrys' Blog or Barry's Twitter, just to let us know he is around

Even the agenda points he raised maybe?

But it does not matter who suggested it, you many have got it off the ground Carl, so hats of to you.

You mods have held back a bit, which I think has worked well, but can you moderate that ask barry threads hard please.

I think it will then be a success.

Edited by singe

I will get in touch with Barry to discuss the idea (or Barry, please contact me if you see this first), and wil take it from there.

I'd suggest Barry gets somebody to read his replies before he posts them.

That will help him to get the key points across without opening up debates over "style"!

Edited by opinions4u

Yikes, there's some nasty stuff in here. I'm not one for farewell messages on forums, if you just want to go, just :censored:ing go. Leave out the melodrama and the histrionics, pleeeeeez. On the other hand, I know Deggsy and through all we've been through together when we where a lot younger, he's not a bad chap when all said and done, so he doesn't really deserve so of the comments this topic has attracted, even though it was to be expected - I suppose he would've known that anyway.

Nevermind, let's move on, eh?