Same old story yet again

Can't remember the last time we had a good second half to the season.

So how do we explain this, three different managers with a largely different set of players have got us into great positions after the turn of the year only to see us show a total reverse of form. Are our players not fit enough or good enough?

So how do we explain this, three different managers with a largely different set of players have got us into great positions after the turn of the year only to see us show a total reverse of form. Are our players not fit enough or good enough?

Different circumstances, same result. This season is entirely down to having no goalscorer....but, can you really blame Dickov that Feeney hasn't delivered, Tonk delivers in many ways but can't hit a barn door and Reid is sadly demonstrating why he has had so many clubs and impressed nowhere.

If, and it's a massive if, we can keep Dickov and keep the majority of this squad but somehow find a goal poacher and sort out a settled back four then we could actually do something next seasom....but, the reality is we have no money, half a ground, an owner who must surely be desperate to find an exit and most of the squad on loan and/or might look for better things. It's going to be a very tense summer methinks.

Maybe it's something to do with the Jan transfer window and the uncertainty created about the various ins & outs. We looked a tight unit all pulling in the same direction but the usual influx of signings seem to unsettle our squad rather than strengthen it.

There's no doubting the quality of Morais, White etc but we looked a lot harder to beat with Jones & Alessandra in the team.

Maybe it's something to do with the Jan transfer window and the uncertainty created about the various ins & outs. We looked a tight unit all pulling in the same direction but the usual influx of signings seem to unsettle our squad rather than strengthen it.

There's no doubting the quality of Morais, White etc but we looked a lot harder to beat with Jones & Alessandra in the team.

I think there is something to be said for this argument. On the other hand, we would have struggled with asking such a young squad to play that many games unchanged - I guess it's just the balance of trying to over-achieve with limited resources?

Something in that. Theres always some sort of speculation about one or more players and maybe it puts them off their game.

We are :censored: I'm gunna enjoy not get stressed ad simply don't give a fuxk

Im adopting this approach until the end of March when i'll review the situation!

We should have enough points to stay up however if we had been in the bottom 6 I'd say we would have been certs to be relegated. This team is full of individuals who just don't play as a team. We were woefully exposed again today by a good, quick, and very mobile Posh front three.

Only Bristol Rovers have conceded more goals than the Posh and yet we never looked like hitting the back of the net.

It is now seven and a half hours since we scored a goal and we don't look like scoring anytime soon. Tounkara needs to be left out of the side as at the moment he is terrible and his body language is just apalling!!! Why we keep hitting long balls up to him is baffling, although he's 6'3" he can't jump to save his life!!!

The honeymoon period is well and truly over for Dickov and it is obvious now that this team will not take us in to the playoffs.

The difference is, under Shez we had two teams capable of promotion (06/07 and 08/09) but we went off the rails, albeit a little earlier than Feb in the latter. 07/08 we definitely had a stronger second half to the season than the first. This team isn't a top 6 team so it doesn't feel like we've thrown anything away. This season was about building and development, which is going well so far in my opinion. A 12th-7th finish would be superb for us and something to build on next season. Today a better team came and won. We were better first half but didn't really trouble them. When you come up against a better team you have to make and take chances, we didn't. They came out second half and looked head and shoulders above us. They were composed on the ball and passed it quickly and effectively. Our passing is too slow and our first touch, shocking.

One more thing, weighing up Tounkara's pros and cons and I've come to the conclusion that he is shít, sorry to the nuthuggers, but its true.

Edited by PlayItLivo

The difference is, under Shez we had two teams capable of promotion (06/07 and 08/09) but we went off the rails, albeit a little earlier than Feb in the latter. 07/08 we definitely had a stronger second half to the season than the first. This team isn't a top 6 team so it doesn't feel like we've thrown anything away. This season was about building and development, which is going well so far in my opinion. A 12th-7th finish would be superb for us and something to build on next season. Today a better team came and won. We were better first half but didn't really trouble them. When you come up against a better team you have to make and take chances, we didn't. They came out second half and looked head and shoulders above us. They were composed on the ball and passed it quickly and effectively. Our passing is too slow and our first touch, shocking.

One more thing, weighing up Tounkara's pros and cons and I've come to the conclusion that he is shít, sorry to the nuthuggers, but its true.

i think :censored: is a bit strong....he does some decent things for a big lad..has great pace chases down well,that said his first touch leave a lot to be desired,he cant win jack in the air considering his height,and gets knocked off the ball for such a big man...

think today summed up our season...either briiliant or rubbish....first half we didnt take our chances...didnt press them enough and didnt make it count,there defense was all over the place...second half i thought right...there gonna be up for this now...8 mins in 2 goals down,really soft goals and we collapsed....credit to stephens moiras who kept going..but our defence is crap...you cant play a 36 year old 3 games running and certainly not against the best goal scoring forwards in this division....least were still 8th eh...

spot on,morais is a decent player but plays for himself more than the team,white is hit and miss but too much miss for me i would put in jones and alice and go back to the begining when we looked a good side

So would I.

Who would you have up front, and how much would you sell Taylor for? :wink:

When DJ Bembo back (Prozac said he spoke to him in Tesco other day and that he was looking to step up his training soon?) stick him upfront with Tonk, Jones and Alice out on wings.. For now however, Stick Dickov upfront with Tonk :wink:

So would I.

Who would you have up front, and how much would you sell Taylor for? :wink:

who would i have upfront hmm thats the question

tbh if i had the choice i wouldnt play any of our strikers none of them are good enough,if taylor is our asset sell him and try to buy someone who knows how to score.

iknow,i know its not that easy but think back to how many games we have played some good stuff up the pitch to be let down in the final third,time and time again and what affect must that have on the other players,and games when we havent played great but still created chances that our so called strikers squander some absolute sitters amongst them.then i listened to dickovs interview telling us how great reid was how he had watched him and he will be a fantastic addition to the squad so i get upbeat thinking at last someone to put the ball in the net and then reid plays,

well i dont need to say anymore on that one

thats my rant over but if i am this frustrated how must the players feel

I think the problem personally is that we've never had a strong enough squad, the only time we've ever really had one was when we were being funded by a certain man called Moore and that combined with the teams who are up there Southampton, Huddersfield, Peterborough, Brighton, MK Dons just highlights the fact that in the modern game money talks and we don't have any

who would i have upfront hmm thats the question

tbh if i had the choice i wouldnt play any of our strikers none of them are good enough,if taylor is our asset sell him and try to buy someone who knows how to score.

iknow,i know its not that easy but think back to how many games we have played some good stuff up the pitch to be let down in the final third,time and time again and what affect must that have on the other players,and games when we havent played great but still created chances that our so called strikers squander some absolute sitters amongst them.then i listened to dickovs interview telling us how great reid was how he had watched him and he will be a fantastic addition to the squad so i get upbeat thinking at last someone to put the ball in the net and then reid plays,

well i dont need to say anymore on that one

thats my rant over but if i am this frustrated how must the players feel

He did say Reid was going to be a big player, another disappointment is White, who seems to me to find this league too physical.

I wonder what Abalimba has done wrong since he joined the club, he never gets a look in ?

Different circumstances, same result. This season is entirely down to having no goalscorer....but, can you really blame Dickov that Feeney hasn't delivered, Tonk delivers in many ways but can't hit a barn door and Reid is sadly demonstrating why he has had so many clubs and impressed nowhere.

What, the man who was a Premier League striker for many years and was playing until last season, and signed the player in the first place.

No, absolutely no responsibility at all.

I think the problem personally is that we've never had a strong enough squad, the only time we've ever really had one was when we were being funded by a certain man called Moore and that combined with the teams who are up there Southampton, Huddersfield, Peterborough, Brighton, MK Dons just highlights the fact that in the modern game money talks and we don't have any

This is obviously the answer.

Alright, occasionally a team will prove to be an example to the norm, but in the end nearly all will fall away as their reserves are kids - when the big teams have players coming in that are more experienced, and in alot of cases better, than our first team.