Club Official Statement - Sunday

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does confirm that we have received external investment and this explains all of the loans and contract buyouts. Let's hope that OMBC move fast.

"This is expected to be a short term problem which has been created by the withdrawal of development investors after Oldham Council failed to receive permission from the Charity Commission for the swap of the trust status on the land adjacent to the Lancaster Club."

So, when it all goes belly up - in case you didn't know already - just blame the council guv...

I know frustrating doesn't begin to describe how all Latics'stakeholders feel but is it just me or is all this childish point scoring getting tedious or is 'hard ball' the only language this inept council understand? Hope its brinkmanship on the club's part but lets leave the players out of the crossfire please!

It does confirm that we have received external investment and this explains all of the loans and contract buyouts. Let's hope that OMBC move fast.

Hi Alec

Where does it say in the artical we have received external investment, I'm baffled by your comment.

Ian G.

TRUST in Smartzatart!!

we will be ok (yes, correct, I am choosing to keep my faith in his supposed concrete knOwledge/info regards the new stadium plans), the fact that he has been on this site 3-4 times and each time choosing to back this info suggests it is not BS.

If the worst does happen, as fans there is little we can do except trust that the people in charge do the best they can to solve our problems and if groundsharing is needed short term re: new stadium or long term then so be it

KTF

Edited by shefflatic

Athletico OLDHAM anyway to me Cash Flow is not a good enough excuse, are the club trying to say they where relying on Failsworth getting the ok before paying wages? i could understand if was during the recent cold spell we had.

But we have have atleast 3 home games this month yes it may have not generated mass'es of cash add to matchday takings from the bars, food stands and club shop surly enough to cover wages if they did there figures right.

The players not being paid on time is clearly disturbing but shouldn't be blown out of proportion. This is not uncommon at our level. It becomes a bigger issue if it is more than a few days late. There were a number of times last season when they were not paid on time, but then we did have Simon Blitz to stump up the cash.

I guess we'll find out over the next few days just how significant a development this is.

We should get quite a bit of cash in next Tuesday with a decent away following from Sheffield. I'm not sure how far towards a month's wages that will go.

Edited by Latics & England

Athletico OLDHAM anyway to me Cash Flow is not a good enough excuse, are the club trying to say they where relying on Failsworth getting the ok before paying wages? i could understand if was during the recent cold spell we had.

But we have have atleast 3 home games this month yes it may have not generated mass'es of cash add to matchday takings from the bars, food stands and club shop surly enough to cover wages if they did there figures right.

The club don't get the cash from food stands and bars. They license the facility to the providers. More sales doesn't make a huge difference to latics, and makes no difference to the cash-flow.

Besides which, how many people buy beer? I'd be surprised if it's as much as 1 pint per 2 attendees. How many spend £2.50 or so on a pie/other stuff? A quarter of the attendees?

Whilst cash-flow is not a good enough excuse for you, it's the reason far more businesses go bust than profitability is. Having said which, most businesses regard paying staff as the first priority, way before anyone else at all.

Also, I doubt that the club broke even on the £2 game, accounting for 1000 (above the ST holders) who would normally pay £18 (£18k) against 5000 paying £2 (£10k) bridged by businesses paying £1k, or so to cover the loss; did the club get £8k as "donations"? I'd suspect not.

Also, I doubt that the club broke even on the £2 game, accounting for 1000 (above the ST holders) who would normally pay £18 (£18k) against 5000 paying £2 (£10k) bridged by businesses paying £1k, or so to cover the loss; did the club get £8k as "donations"? I'd suspect not.

That assumes that the 1,000 or so who turn up to a Tuesday night game, over and above the season ticket holders, all pay £18/£20. So, no children, OAPs, students...

Whilst cash-flow is not a good enough excuse for you, it's the reason far more businesses go bust than profitability is. Having said which, most businesses regard paying staff as the first priority, way before anyone else at all.

[/quote

If you read the last line of my post i said people who forcast the figures right. Am sure with the exception of Hudds and Sheff Weds on a Saturday these are the only two games we proberly would make a profit. Thanks for clearing up about the bars etc.

Good point about small business going bust however football clubs are slightly different comparing them to a shop or so is different.

But that just my opinion.

Yep, so there would've been investement had Failsworth gone ahead. It hasn't, so there has been no investment.

Not quite my take on it TME.

Failsworth was the future, and seprate, a seperate cost code if you like.

Why was money for Failsworth ( created by withdrawal) being used to pay players wages/gas bill, electrical bill?

You know what will be next, if we can't pay the players, how can we pay the taxman....

And money for Failsworth should not be used for that.

THe only way, is if a large bill arrived from, say the Architect or consultants, and as the guy paying the bill has with drawn then it is elft to ay

EDIt

Thinking it through, Simon Blitz fits the external investor category, as he was funding it. I don;t me he is still writing the check for OAFC, just fgor the stadium/property side of things.

Edited by singe

Why was money for Failsworth ( created by withdrawal) being used to pay players wages/gas bill, electrical bill?

It wasn't and it hasn't. If Failsworth had been given the nod, certain companies would've been willing to put cash in. It's how business works. The firms that would've been partnering in Failsworth would've chucked some cash in and whoever would've ended up developing BP would've thrown some cash in too. Failsworth hasn't been given the go ahead, so that cash won't now be there.