Post match thread - Tics vs Bournemouth

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back, and the worst thing about the game was the cocks from the Rifle Range singing Celtic songs. Shame they can't actually sing about the team they've travelled to Bournmouth to support. A lot of them don't even support Celtic - just join in to be part of the clique. :queerim9:

ohhh....bet you wouldnt say it to there faces though eh...

so what else was there to sing about then?????

Really?

I just googled 9 hours 42 minutes and got this site http://www.worldtennismagazine.com/archives/2763

Anyways back to football...

The players have no excuse for not scoring when we've seen that they're good enough (just watch season review part 1!). Since Reid has been introduced he's offered nothing up front but can you blame Dickov when his record at Rotherham was so good? Feeney has scored 1 all season and has been a complete waste of money. Tounkara's laziness seems to be catching on and were missing a Gregan character in the team to bollock the stupid mistakes that have been consistant in the latter half of the season.

Off the field matters seem to have disrupted the team but to be honest I don't care - they are all professionals on a good wage and the performances have been way below par. It worries me that something serious could be happening behind the scenes that hasn't come out yet, 10 points off our 46 would really be a kick in the balls to the loyal supporters.

So - who's gonna buy Season Review Part 2. Anyone? Hello?

Really?

I just googled 9 hours 42 minutes and got this site http://www.worldtennismagazine.com/archives/2763

Anyways back to football...

The players have no excuse for not scoring when we've seen that they're good enough (just watch season review part 1!). Since Reid has been introduced he's offered nothing up front but can you blame Dickov when his record at Rotherham was so good? Feeney has scored 1 all season and has been a complete waste of money. Tounkara's laziness seems to be catching on and were missing a Gregan character in the team to bollock the stupid mistakes that have been consistant in the latter half of the season.

Off the field matters seem to have disrupted the team but to be honest I don't care - they are all professionals on a good wage and the performances have been way below par. It worries me that something serious could be happening behind the scenes that hasn't come out yet, 10 points off our 46 would really be a kick in the balls to the loyal supporters.

The oracle of all knowledge :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isner%E2%80%93Mahut_match_at_the_2010_Wimbledon_Championships

Onto more important matters, totally agree with your post above. I was glad Dickov took a gamble on Feeney in the summer and a Reid-type striker in January but now it hasn't paid off (and doesn't look like it will do) we should go with our home-grown talent of Brooke, Alessandra, Bembo-Leta (when fit) etc. for the rest of the year. Dickov worked well with them earlier in the season and they can't do much worse than the current crop. Similar with Gregan, thought it was the right decision to let him go at the time but we could do with him now.

I can take us not making the playoffs but admin and potentially relegation would be unbearable for me. :disappointed:

I blame the virus reportedly sweeping the club.

The symptoms are there for all to see when players approach the opposition penalty area;

They include hot sweats, cold feet,legs turning to jelly, loss of bearings, nose bleeds, nausea, and particularly when directly faced by a goalkeeper - diarrhea.

The usual treatment in most cases is quarantine to the reserves until better, although for some there is no known cure. :(

Doctor BP60.

We're just going through a transitional period. We were punching above our weight grasping onto a playoff place. We're levelling off now. We'll be reet.

Agree with the first part but levelling off? If no goals in 9 hours plus of football is levelling off, I'd hate to think what would happen if we went into a downward spiral!

Just got back, and the worst thing about the game was the cocks from the Rifle Range singing Celtic songs. Shame they can't actually sing about the team they've travelled to Bournmouth to support. A lot of them don't even support Celtic - just join in to be part of the clique. :queerim9:

A big part of me really agrees with this. There's always a little bit of me which gets annoyed that we can't make up our own songs we either steal them from United (far worse than anyone else), occassionally from Citeh, and now it appears Celtic.

I wonder how Warren Feeney felt having his own fans sing Celtic songs as he supports Rangers. Not to mention Gerry Taggart and our Northern Irish youngsters. Considering I've heard "No surrender" in my time as a Latics fan it makes me wonder.

Fair play to those who went, as it is a :censored: long way, but the place for singing Celtic songs is a couple of hundred miles in the opposite direction.

I also love the irony of those from a pub called the rifle range sing pro-Irish songs when the dealiest conflict the British army has been in since WWII was the troubles in NI.

It really is time to revert back (as much as possible) to the team that did so well at the start of the season. We looked so much better balanced and aware.

I hate all these "we over achieved / punched above our weight" comments. No we didn't - we proved what we are capable of, and now we've pissed about with two thirds of the team we can't score for toffee or defend.

Surely its no coincidence?

It really is time to revert back (as much as possible) to the team that did so well at the start of the season. We looked so much better balanced and aware.

I hate all these "we over achieved / punched above our weight" comments. No we didn't - we proved what we are capable of, and now we've pissed about with two thirds of the team we can't score for toffee or defend.

Surely its no coincidence?

Amos

Lee

Hazell

Trotters

Black

Jones

Stephens

Furman

Alice

Tonk

Brooke

Thats 2 enforced changes.. and Amos is better than brill so no brainer on that one

There were times today when we looked a decent side. Until we got to within 20 yards of goal. Some of the passing and movement was excellent. I say 'some' because, at other times, we couldn't pass the ball to a white shirt 5 yards away. I think it was about 15 minutes before Amos saw the ball, we were knocking it around, Morais & Taylor looked dangerous, Tonk & Feeney held it up well, but we had no bugger to finish it off.

In that period, the players looking most likely to score were Morais, Taylor and Lee, not a striker. It's been said so many times on here by so many posters, but it's true - we don't have a natural goalscorer. Once again, we copped out from a corner (Trotters lost his man?), although I thought Todd and Trotters looked pretty solid most of the time.

Lee did well and Black, IMO, had a very good game. Jones wasn't too shabby either, but Stephens was the big let down for me. His corners improved, but his free kicks were generally awful and a lot of his passing was wayward. Morais faded in the second half after a pretty good first half, Alessandra tried hard and Reid hardly saw the ball, so I couldn't blame him too much.

In patches, we were as good as Bournemuff (was it me, or did they play more hoofball than I expected?), but we've lost the cutting edge. Tonk works hard, but even his first touch often lets him down now, Feeney looks as though he's never even going to have a shot, let alone score. I had high hopes when we signed him, but he's perhaps the biggest let down of the lot.

This barren spell will end; we're not suddenly a load of crap after the start we had, but we have to get out of it soon before heads drop any further. PD will prove his worth now; he has to, and I'm sure he will. Sticking a few past the Wendies on Tuesday would be a good start.

MOM for me today was a toss up between Taylor and Black.

There were times today when we looked a decent side. Until we got to within 20 yards of goal. Some of the passing and movement was excellent. I say 'some' because, at other times, we couldn't pass the ball to a white shirt 5 yards away. I think it was about 15 minutes before Amos saw the ball, we were knocking it around, Morais & Taylor looked dangerous, Tonk & Feeney held it up well, but we had no bugger to finish it off.

In that period, the players looking most likely to score were Morais, Taylor and Lee, not a striker. It's been said so many times on here by so many posters, but it's true - we don't have a natural goalscorer. Once again, we copped out from a corner (Trotters lost his man?), although I thought Todd and Trotters looked pretty solid most of the time.

Lee did well and Black, IMO, had a very good game. Jones wasn't too shabby either, but Stephens was the big let down for me. His corners improved, but his free kicks were generally awful and a lot of his passing was wayward. Morais faded in the second half after a pretty good first half, Alessandra tried hard and Reid hardly saw the ball, so I couldn't blame him too much.

In patches, we were as good as Bournemuff (was it me, or did they play more hoofball than I expected?), but we've lost the cutting edge. Tonk works hard, but even his first touch often lets him down now, Feeney looks as though he's never even going to have a shot, let alone score. I had high hopes when we signed him, but he's perhaps the biggest let down of the lot.

This barren spell will end; we're not suddenly a load of crap after the start we had, but we have to get out of it soon before heads drop any further. PD will prove his worth now; he has to, and I'm sure he will. Sticking a few past the Wendies on Tuesday would be a good start.

MOM for me today was a toss up between Taylor and Black.

Surprised you said Taylor, sounded like he wasnt on the pitch on Latics commentary.. How was Jones in cm? Didnt hear Gord mention him much on commentary..

Today was just another repeat of the last few months matches, we look good in patches and pass the ball around pretty well, concede a silly goal, heads go down because we are missing a real leader. Then we dont look like scoring to get back into the game. Just played aimless passes going nowhere, but it doesnt help with the fans constantly moaning at every little thing they do.

Thought Taylor had a decent game (end of the match he was on his own clapping the fans nearly in tears and walked off on his own). Jones actually had a decent game in centre mid, got stuck in and played simple balls but i would sick him on the right on Tuesday with Furman in middle and Morais up front with Tonk. Feeney is useless and Stephens needs Furman next to him.

Another thing, the fans at the back of the stand who are more interested in singing songs about being "oldham boys" and trying to start trouble with opposition fans are just embarrassing to our club.

we were awful of course we were but i was embarrassed at the final whistle as our so-called fans booed and stuck their fingers up at the 11 boys in oldham blue, alot of chavvy twats as well that a look like there just out of school giving it all the talk , hopefully 1 day they will come across a teams 'firm' that they were asking for today and get put in to hospital for a very long time

First goal sums up the season well. Defending a corner - who wants it chaps? Who is ever going to win a header?

Second goal looks suspiciously offside. If we've played him on we need to look carefully at ourselves because it's an easy one to catch.

Third goal we appear to have five defenders against three attackers yet Todd, who's experience should surely look after that situation, shows him inside and the goal is scored..

That was the worst part to the day then was it? So what did you see in Bournemouth? I'm hazarding a guess that you were still in the carpark when you posted this? 531 miles and a 16 hour day on the Rifle bus says that the C*ltic song wasn't the worse part of the day!

A big part of me really agrees with this. There's always a little bit of me which gets annoyed that we can't make up our own songs we either steal them from United (far worse than anyone else), occassionally from Citeh, and now it appears Celtic.

I wonder how Warren Feeney felt having his own fans sing Celtic songs as he supports Rangers. Not to mention Gerry Taggart and our Northern Irish youngsters. Considering I've heard "No surrender" in my time as a Latics fan it makes me wonder.

Fair play to those who went, as it is a :censored: long way, but the place for singing Celtic songs is a couple of hundred miles in the opposite direction.

I also love the irony of those from a pub called the rifle range sing pro-Irish songs when the dealiest conflict the British army has been in since WWII was the troubles in NI.

Me to! Saying that I can't be doing with any sectarian bollocks, if you know me then you'll understand why.

Anyway onto the game: 1 outstanding save early on from Amos, Trotman was at fault for the first goal; why didn't anyone scream at him to leave it- it was going out! Feeney didn't get the ball where he wanted it, it felt to me as if the rest of the team didn't want to pass to him, on 4 occasions that I noticed. We're trying to play pretty football- it isn't working.

Edited by tangerinedreams

Me to! Saying that I can't be doing with any sectarian bollocks, if you know me then you'll understand why.

Anyway onto the game: 1 outstanding save early on from Amos, Trotman was at fault for the first goal; why didn't anyone scream at him to leave it- it was going out! Feeney didn't get the ball where he wanted it, it felt to me as if the rest of the team didn't want to pass to him, on 4 occasions that I noticed. We're trying to play pretty football- it isn't working.

Dara O'Briain sums up my feelings on sectarianism especially Catholic/Protestant sectarianism rather funnier than I could do in

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUVNZFylTdo&feature=related

That was the worst part to the day then was it? So what did you see in Bournemouth? I'm hazarding a guess that you were still in the carpark when you posted this? 531 miles and a 16 hour day on the Rifle bus says that the C*ltic song wasn't the worse part of the day!

when i see you oldham ...............

We're just going through a transitional period. We were punching above our weight grasping onto a playoff place. We're levelling off now. We'll be reet.

I don't know about the "punching above our weight" theory. Early season form shows that we can mix it with the best in the division. Why should we accept mediocrity when we know we can do better?

With regards to yesterday we played pretty (but ineffective) football until they scored their first goal and then the confidence just went.

Didn't think Jones was fantastic - that moment when he wasn't even watching the game when the ball was passed to him was just ridiculous.

Thought Amos did well (although maybe he should have saved the shot from the albino kid), The Tonk was willing as always, but just can't do it on his own, Lee was as solid as always and Taylor never gave up (was also the only one that properly came over and clapped the fans at the end).

Now the bad;

Stephens - very patchy. Passing has just gone to pot.

Todd/Trotters - Todd is just not up to it and Trotters isn't the same player we sold a few years ago - he seems to have just stopped challenging for headers.

Morais - a luxury we can't afford, in my opinion. Does all the showboating, but doesn't seem to get anywhere with it and only seems to play well when the team is playing well. Not really the kind of player we need....

Reid/Feeney - absolute waste of wages.

Real test of Dickov's managerial credentials now. Think he should stick to his word and put some of the kids in. So disappointing that one of our most talented squads in years just seems to have given up the ghost.

Still no wins since the doom and gloom descended after the Charity Commission's decision. I'm sure that's just a coincidence though, what with professional footballers being robots who aren't affected by what happens off the pitch.

We're playing a club on Tuesday that doesn't relish playing against clubs affected by what happens off the pitch e.g. Plymouth. Let's get at them from the off and they won't know what day of the week it is.