Make bones about it, we're in a dog-fight

Strikers need service, they got Pish again. Morais looks good with his fancy tricks etc… but how many crosses did he put on a plate for his strikers? How many times does he cut inside and lose it or shoot (usually blocked) Him (Morais) trying to win the game on his own is doing us no favours. The problem is that the strikers don't expect service so don't gamble. It's a vicious circle, especially when for most of the season the trick has been to play through the middle - either long ball to Tonk or let him try and bulldoze his way down the channels….we're now struggling because we've tried to play to one guy's strengths (Tonk)instead of encouraging him to get into the middle and to get on the end of crosses.

1st half he put a perfect ball to the back post which would have left anyone there with a tap in instead the full back was able to head the ball clear under very little pressure lack of anticipation on that one our stikers part.

The strikers themselves are not creating chances both brooke huffed and puffed but were pretty ineffective really. He often gets the ball because he is often enough the best option for the pass the other players don't have to give it to him.

We are looking for problems and the fans we are pinpointing the wrong one again! Lets have an option on the other flank Lets have strikers who look like scoring and then we can see if Morais is the problem in the final third.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rueben had more than enough time to clear the ball, as the elder statesman of the side he should have anticipated and reacted. Yet again, he hesitated giving Barnes the split-second he needed. As for Tarkowski, he's still not been offered a pro-deal. Strong in both boxes and can play football. A rare commodity and a rough diamond. Whether he's played two games or not I can spot potential. Fitz Hall made his debut at Hudds, I said he's play in the Prem, First time I saw Eaves as a 16 year old, I said he won't be here long, he wasn't. As for Hall 16 months later he was playing for Southampton in the Prem. Tarky if he keeps his head screwed on will make it…

But their goal came from Morais coming inside and losing it, leaving us exposed to a long ball down the middle...

Are you mental?! It was Tarkowski's man, stop trying to scapegoat Rubes at every possible oppotunity. We defended far worse with Todd in instead of Reuben when he was suspended.

If anyone genuinely believes we're in a relegation dogfight, you can get 10s on us going down.

I genuinely believe we're in the fight, however I also believe we've got enough guts to survive. Being in the dogfight and getting relegated are not mutually exclusive.

If anyone genuinely believes we're in a relegation dogfight, you can get 10s on us going down.

hmm would I be a sick puppy to take that bet!? I don't believe we are going down! However, if we fail in getting a point in our next 3 games then I will be really worried!

For me this thread can be simplified! Every team in this league is in a dog fight until they reach the magic figure, for arguements sake 53 points! So yes we are in a dog fight untill we achieve the 2 wins and 1 draw required to get over the finish line.

Edited by laticsmad

After tonights defeat most sides below us can catch and over take us. Now is the time blues to sort this mess out.

In fact, all the sides below can catch us with their games in hand (assuming they don't play each other)....except, and crucially, any of the bottom 4 who all look in deep trouble

After tonights defeat most sides below us can catch and over take us. Now is the time blues to sort this mess out.

Unreliable keeper

Ball watching defenders

No creative midfielders

Can't score strikers

Apart from that it's looking ok.

this the Brill that made 2 top saves last night?

how about Poor tactics , poor subs and poor formations ?

Aswell as poor attitude from players since the pay day debarcle

More questions should be being asked of Dickov, like why he's including himself in squads with no intention of playing, surely he could have had a few run-outs for the ressies to get match-fit. I'm not saying that;s the answer but at least lead by example.