Stephens gone

On loan, not even a pernament deal gaurenteed at the end of it! What exactly do we get out of this short term except for not paying his wages?

Dickov confident of getting a replacement.

Unless we sign Paul Scholes we have another excuse for our worst ever attendence on Monday night

The Latics manager said: "When Southampton came in we turned down their offer and Dale told us he wanted to stay.

"But after speaking to his agent, he came back and expressed a wish to speak to them."

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Good luck Dale,

but Latics you are a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really not sure to make of this- loan Dale out so another team can pay his wages and we've played Saints twice this season so hopefully he can turn a game against someone we could do with him doing so. Yet, if our form carries on we will go down. Its all a bit weird, especially since we gave him a new contract about 5 months ago.

Maybe we should start looking to see if any buckets are going cheap?

I'm really not sure to make of this- loan Dale out so another team can pay his wages and we've played Saints twice this season so hopefully he can turn a game against someone we could do with him doing so. Yet, if our form carries on we will go down. Its all a bit weird, especially since we gave him a new contract about 5 months ago.

Maybe we should start looking to see if any buckets are going cheap?

They'll have paid a fair fee to have him for the rest of the season. Wouldn't be surprised if it was six figures.

If we stay up I do wonder what sort of midfield replacement we are going to be signing in the summer. Afterall the calibre of midfield signing of Jones this summer who Dickov said at the time he had been watching and trying to sign for a long time worries me. Saying that i guess we should just be happy if we are around in the summer

So, we lose one player and now we're definitely relegated? Hmmmm. One player does not make a team and how many of the last 11 games has Stephens played in? We ain't won any of 'em, with or without him. Not that long ago, everyone was bitching and moaning about how poor he'd become since signing his new contract. That was only in bloody January, but now he's gone, he would have been our saviour? Sorry, I don't buy that. Surely, we've all seen the drop in quality from his free kicks, corners and passing than we saw a while ago.

Yes, I'd rather we had kept him, but I reckon there's a decent fee at the end of this and that will help PD's team building for next season. And build he will, I'm sure. It makes sense to replace Stephens, so do we write off Jason Lowe now before he kicks a ball, give him a chance to shine in the first five minutes on Monday, or wait and see what he brings to the table after a game or two?

I'm not a happy clapper by any means, but I am Latics supporter through and through; always have been, always will be. So instead of slagging the club off, deciding not to go again and finding fault at every opportunity, how about getting behind them and supporting what we've got? How anyone can regard the club as a joke over this is beyond me.

And has anyome looked at this from Stephens' point of view? He's got every chance of playing in the Championship next season, which he wouldn't do with Latics. Or is ambition a dirty word? God, I wish circumstances allowed me more opportunities to get to games, rather than finding excuses for not going. Is it me?

League 2 is beckoning :)

Part exchange with Sheridan

Latics you have become a joke just like the council

thats the spirit...

well the club and team only have themself to blame really...if we had carried on in the same form pre christmas break and been in and around the playoffs this would never have happened....but seeing as it has hey ho...

hope we have got a fee for the rest of the season with a view to a perm deal meaning we can carry on operating....that is the bigger picture after all isnt it???

thanks dale..although at times you have looked the most laziest player who couldnt be arsed,you have still been one of our best..good luck....

Moaners out already !!!!!

If its a choice between Stephens and survival then it's no contest.

Saints will have paid a fee like we did with Luke Beckett and probably an agreed fee for permanent signing.

We have to get on with it because unless we get a new ground or investment then this will be our way of life for the foreseeable future.