SEASON TICKET AND ADMISSION PRICES ANNOUNCED

Get in - another season at BP!

+ a very sensible set of game pricings from the club.

I was always going to wait to see where we would be playing before deciding whether to renew my season ticket; now I know we're at BP again; that's me renewing - and with the interest free 3 month cost spreading; it's a good news day all round.

1 very happy bunny here right now with this news. :grin:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we know what games will be catergorised and when will we find out before the season starts or will it be done as the season progresses?

I think we'll find out shortly after the fixture list comes out.

I hope the club also reserves the right to change the catagory of certain games, if it turns out the club could generate extra revenue in doing so.

An unexpected increase in away fans coming to BP for example.

Overall reaction is positive :) - the club clearly have recognised the need to do something different and have introduced a pricing structure and payment system that encourages both ST & PAYG sales.

My only gripes (come on now, we are after all Latics fans so there has to be some gripe or other) concern:

1. Senior citizen prices - pity they didn't adopt the example of many other clubs and gave the concession at age 60 rather than 65. I'm sure that would have generated a good response on ST sales.

2. ST - I would have liked a 'non-reserved' ticket at (for example) 15% reduction on the standard ST price. This would give guaranteed admission but not a reserved seat - useful for those fans who like me attend matches with PAYG fans but want to sit together.

Still, well done to the Board and let's hope their initiatives are reflected well in pre-season ST sales.

Overall reaction is positive :) - the club clearly have recognised the need to do something different and have introduced a pricing structure and payment system that encourages both ST & PAYG sales.

My only gripes (come on now, we are after all Latics fans so there has to be some gripe or other) concern:

1. Senior citizen prices - pity they didn't adopt the example of many other clubs and gave the concession at age 60 rather than 65. I'm sure that would have generated a good response on ST sales.

2. ST - I would have liked a 'non-reserved' ticket at (for example) 15% reduction on the standard ST price. This would give guaranteed admission but not a reserved seat - useful for those fans who like me attend matches with PAYG fans but want to sit together.

Still, well done to the Board and let's hope their initiatives are reflected well in pre-season ST sales.

its pretty much unreserved anyway, just dont sit in one thats reserved!!!!!!!

As a 28 year old going back to Uni that dosn't help me. I will be picking and choosing my games.

I was 28 when I went back to Uni, I emailed Alan Hardy and he provided me with a Student Membership for the 05/06 season, (I used the Finance option thereafter) so if you email Alan and ask the question. I was always taught, "if yer don't ask, yer don't get…!"

As 20/21 year old under-graduates presumably become better off!

Well, these days they don't have to pay a penny in fees until they've left and are earning. Very generous of the new government if you ask me.

Great pricing structure in my opinion. Only nitpick one could make would be to broaden the student spectrum, which judging by Prozac's comment they're happy to do (or maybe A.H just didn't want another forum bashing :wink: ).

Do we know what games will be catergorised and when will we find out before the season starts or will it be done as the season progresses?

Interesting question, I think they will be categorised within a couple of weeks of the game being played.......Silly example, but, Yeovil would probably be a Cat C game, however if we played them in say November and we were first and second in the league, it would be a top of the table clash.....would the category change??

Interesting question, I think they will be categorised within a couple of weeks of the game being played.......Silly example, but, Yeovil would probably be a Cat C game, however if we played them in say November and we were first and second in the league, it would be a top of the table clash.....would the category change??

If Yeovil were to bring a fair few then I'd hope so. Be silly to charge £14/15 for a big match. I'd think something like that would happen only near the end of the season though when it matters more.

That said I hope games can also decrease in catergory as well, an attempt to boost the fans at certain points in the season.

Edited by Macca

The club have been crafty buggers here, the £22 is the price for a Category A game in the cheapest area, which is the main stand paddock.

For all other areas of the ground, add another quid onto the price.

But otherwise fair move by the club.

£23 ? Good luck with that latics....

£50 for under 16's as well again, great deal

hopefully this will bring some fans back too. and depending what this 'evolution' announcement is, it could be our last season at BP

It will be nothing to do with the ground because latics or the council can not make a decision until the election in may or something.

£22... Ouch... It was bad value for money at £20...

but I do like the category approach...

What you complaining for you don't go :wink:

Some very good points already covered, not sure what I'm going to do will have a chat with my Dad about it but might have to wait to see what games I'm likely to be going to, which means waiting for the fixtures to come out- so the discount doesn't apply.

However

1.) Does this mean we might play some of our bigger games on a Saturday as opposed to a Tuesday night (e.g. Sheff Wed this year)?

2.) Awaits the complaints for those from the RRE for the first time they are moved, and especially if they do what they did against Tranmere.

3.) It looks as though they are arguing for the price increase for the bigger games as being VAT, VAT doesn't cover the price increase for the bigger games. If you go to all or a mix of the games next season you are likely to be either the same or better off (depending on how you pay). However, if you just go to the bigger ones then you will be worse off.

Most people are still working at 60 these days. I'd be pretty aggrieved if my dad (who has more money than me) got his ticket for half the price of mine (he's just turned 60). When he's a poor pensioner at 65 however, I won't mind so much.

The pricing should be means tested, Dickov out!

:grin: