Who do you Prefer?

I can stand Citeh a little bit more than Utd, mainly due to the fact that i know a load of Citeh fans and they arent bad folk, whereas the stay at home sky sports loving reds are the first to pipe up when something is going for them!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

City dont bother me at all. Meet very few City fans who are arrogant and OTT. Always say "fair play" when they see you've travelled up and down the country. Been to a few city games in the past with mates, they dont effect me at all. I hope they do alright.When they went down to this level they still got 30000 through the door every week, which is a good achievement. Self proclaimed "4th biggest team in the country" Leeds United couldn't manage that.

United on the other hand are a completely different breed. I can honestly say I only know of 3 united fans I've ever spoken to about football that dont give it the billy big time. Think that City are obsessed with them, but there is only one set of fans that have a sign up mentioning the other and thats in the stretford end. Its not just the fans. Its the players, the manager, Bobby charlton. The lot. Cant stand them.

Edited by pukka

Fa cup semi final 1990 - We were robbed of the European place we deserved, and the money/success that goes with it by a ludicrous decision to disallow a goal which everyone but the officials saw cross the line. Had redscum lost that game, Ferguson would surely have been on his way and history could have been very different.

Fa cup semi final 1994 - THAT goal, and the unwarranted injury time it was scored in, plus the taunting that led to me decking two asian scumfans in the car park afterwards.

The so-called 'Latics' fans that abandoned us to follow utd immediately after we went down and the reds won the double.

Fergie time.

Champions League winners when they weren't even champions - how does that work???

Bring back the European Cup format - Liverpool's achievement was phenomenal under that format, yet utd fans reckon they've matched it despite losing god knows how many CL matches.

Aer Lingus flights and Virgin trains out of Euston all packed with utd fans on matchdays - Well, it's easier to follow success than support your local team isn't it?

Disregard for grass roots football.

Fans disappearing after a defeat, then in your face after a narrow victory.

Every unknown player they buy (i.e Jaap Stam) being hailed as the best in the world in that position.

Ferdinand refusing a drug test. Cheating bastard.

Pubs full of fans who 'can't get a ticket' (Even though I could if I wanted one).

Rarely playing at 3pm on a saturday - yeah, balls to tradition eh? the Sky money's better.

Fergie getting away with driving on the hard shoulder 'because he had the :censored:s'! If I tried that excuse in court they'd double my fine!

Fergie arrogantly refusing to speak to the media, and banning the BBC.

Demanding that season ticket holders purchase cup tickets (And taking the money from their accounts!.

Reasons to despise United? I've only just begun...

City? well they're just horrible bitter and two-faced bastards.

The mrs, my stepdad and a lot of my mates are city fans (and all are either season ticket holders or go regulaly) so i get to a couple of city games per season.

My uncle used to take me to united games when i was a kid, but now i cant stand them and the majority of their fans with the whole 'we do what we want attitude' and how out of all the united fans i know about 2 of em actually go to games, the rest are all sat on facebook or in the pub!

If i was forced to pick one it would be city, but since they have got a bit of money there fast becoming the arrogant twerps utd have bin over the years!

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

i despise absolutely every single thing about united and always have done. bloated, arrogant, obnoxious scum. summed up by their new favourite chant "we're man united, we'll do what we want." quite. c***s.

i can't stand city when they are in our division and some of my favourite oldham memories are of beating them at maine road. roger palmer hat trick being a particularly happy one. but when they're not in our division, then i have no beef with them at all. most of my mates are city fans. the ones i know have a healthy sense of humour about their past troubles and appreciate how ludicrous their current situation is. but why not enjoy it while you can. i appreciate not all city fans are this level headed. but then i know a lot of oldham fans i think are morons too.

i suppose i have stronger views on this than many here as i've spent the vast majority of my life living in manchester, having left oldham when i was a kid, so i've always had a strong view on this issue. i was born in oldham and support oldham but by virtue of where i've lived my life, i'm as mancunian as i am anything else. :unsure:

Depressing to see this on a Latics message board!

:censored: 'em both and their (Mostly) Plastic Manc fans..

Can't wait for Stoke to do Citeh and Barca to :censored: over all the worst United side I have seen since the late 80s, 11 men behind the ball at wembley guaranteed. Why? because they've done it in hard games all season to try and eke out a manky 1-0. That will not work against Barca's movement….

Great post.

Another reason I can't stand United at all...there fans have absolutely no sense of perspective whatsoever. A good friend of mine who is a red (closest he ever gets to OT is the TV screen in the pub. Therefore he thinks he is a proper fan) said to me the other day, "If they give O'Shea another contract, I am giving up." He sounded like he meant it. I was astounded.

They really haven't got a clue.

The irony of a thread of people moaning about City and United on an Oldham board and many saying how they talk about others and not themselves seems to have been lost.

That said, I hate City and don't mind United.

My dad's pretty much a United fan and 2 out of my 3 best mates are. I've seen more United games than Latics games this season.

All teams have :censored: fans, I've met more annoying Oldham fans than I have United fans just by being around them more.

If you read the thread, "many" haven't said that. About 3 have. And the only reason they have mentioned United or City is because someone has asked the question.

I know I said that, and also qualified it with the point that they have no reason to be obsessed with everyone like they are.

If you have met more annoying Latics fans than United fans, we can only assume that you have only ever met about 5 United fans. Or you think that the 2 lads you mention in your post are representative of most United fans. I know the lads, so I know that in some respects they are representative of most United fans (they never go, nor do they even attempt to. And as I pointed out to Andy the other week, he is absolutely deluded if he thinks they are crap/having an average season.) But seriously, they aren't really representative of most United fans that they majority of us have met, as you can actually talk to them about football.

If you read the thread, "many" haven't said that. About 3 have. And the only reason they have mentioned United or City is because someone has asked the question.

I know I said that, and also qualified it with the point that they have no reason to be obsessed with everyone like they are.

If you have met more annoying Latics fans than United fans, we can only assume that you have only ever met about 5 United fans. Or you think that the 2 lads you mention in your post are representative of most United fans. I know the lads, so I know that in some respects they are representative of most United fans (they never go, nor do they even attempt to. And as I pointed out to Andy the other week, he is absolutely deluded if he thinks they are crap/having an average season.) But seriously, they aren't really representative of most United fans that they majority of us have met, as you can actually talk to them about football.

They do go, Adam's been this season.

In my office right now there's two city fans, two united fans, a liverpool fan and the rest a spread of times.

Without doubt the most annoying is the city fan, followed equally by the other city fan and the two united fans. The liverpool fan is a nightmare and thinks that because Kenny's done so well they've a god given right to the top four.

Like I say all teams have dick head fans. Just that united have more because they have more fans to start with.

My Facebook is more likely to be filled with Oldham fans moaning about United than United fans bragging. That's just how it is in my social circle.

It's all perspective, there's no right answer.

They do go, Adam's been this season.

So Adam has been to a couple of games. I wouldn't class that as saying "they do go", especially considering one of them hasn't. Basically, of the two, one hasn't been this season and one goes about as regularly as you go to Latics games. So I wouldn't really class that as them "going".

I would consider Manchester United to be my second team - everyone in my family are United fans and my Mum's side of the family are from Salford - my Grandad has had a Latics ST for years though so that's where my support comes from.

I never really had any bad blood for Citeh until I moved to Manchester - got even worse when I started going out with a girl who's a fan of the Gorton Globetrotters.

They're a bit of a non-entity though, their only real purpose is to amuse me with their blue ketchup and the towel-headed fans when the Abu Dhabi 'gents' turned up with sacks of cash.

The Massives :lol:

So Adam has been to a couple of games. I wouldn't class that as saying "they do go", especially considering one of them hasn't. Basically, of the two, one hasn't been this season and one goes about as regularly as you go to Latics games. So I wouldn't really class that as them "going".

Point is they're as active United fans as I am Latics fan... more so, as they can actually watch their team on TV.

Major claim on owtb!

I thought they were wasting their oil money on a hobby rather than enriching their own people ... but hey!

I bet nobody else on here has seen traffic wardens driving a Lexus to work... It's not a toy, it's part of their strategy to boost their global reputation. Stupid IMO, theyu should just carry on banking the cash and buying half the world up.

Only United "fans" say things like. "Do you support a Premier League team too" - Standard response to them is "Whoever is playing Man United".

Comments like "Only one coach going?" When I've said I'm going to a game down south is the norm.

The ones that go to games are just as bad.

City fans are just nicer people on the whole*. They think its good someone has travelled that far.

*In my experience

My favourite comment from all tv fans is, "who do you really support?" i generally tell that that i actually go to games and say money to watch the players, and ask them who they, "really," support. Then occasionally i call them a :censored: if its someone small and weak.

I don't hate either. I don't particularly prefer either....er.....either :)

At the moment if the two play each other I want city to win because they are still the underdog. That may change in the future though.

I wanted Arsenal to win the Premier League this year, only because they are a well run club which encourages youth development and plays attractive football. In Europe I want any of the English sides to be successful, including United.