Expectations / Ambitions

My priorities/expectations for next season would be:

1/ Not get relegated

2/ Beat Rochdale, Bury etc. for some local pride

3/ Reach the final of the JPT (giving the long serving fans (and stayaways) a day out at Wembley

4/ Not get knocked out of the FA and Carling cups at the first hurdle

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect - Mid-table finish, reach 3rd round of FA Cup (obviously depends who we may draw though in first & second round though) get to second round of league cup (but again, depends on who we draw in first round) and progress in the JPT.

Ambitions - Challenge for play-offs

Expect

Dickov to sort the striker situation

Dickov to sort a decent keeper out

Mid table

Some of the performances at the start of last season

Less tinkering in January.

Ground situation to drag on

LEss crowds than this season

Hope

To carry the start of the season through the year.

Play offs (aim high and all that)

A 20 goal a season striker by the end of January!

A new ground sorted

Better PR from the club

Head says

Mid-table and avoiding relegation with 4 games to go. This then gives us time to sort out the stadium, secure investment and then progress during season 2012/13. Dickov's ambitious and I have all faith in him unearthing a few gems and getting the team playing well. However, the budget will constrain him massively.

Heart says

A JPT Final at Wembley - a day out for the fans; perhaps a resurgence of good old days and we add an extra 500-1000 per home game following the final up to end of the season.

The drugs say

Champions by Easter 2012 with Scholes chipping in with 15 goals from midfield. We lose out to Chelsea in the Semi-Final of the FA Cup after Scholes scores first, Torres equalises, Feeney takes us 2-1 up and Chelsea sneak through with a Sturridge double - the second on 93 minutes.

Edited by Midsblue

It's false saying that playing in the JPT costs you money. It's an extra games revenue. It won't earn you as much as a league game but it still earns money and should be treated as competitive games.

expectations -

mid table-top half finish from a team that gives us hope until they fail after christmas and for us to be in the same position as we are now again.

ambitions -

to treat the cups seriously, to see some more good goals, to see some entertainment, for dickov to stay and for the club to try more to get the fans back.

what we need -

some good news about a new ground

For me I would be happy finishing above Bury Rochdale and Tranmere, playing some of the same kind of football we did in the first half of this season.

Venturing further than thge 1st round in every cup we are in.

Acceptable performances against the big boys (not necessarily wins)

For us to bring in someone who looks like they have a slight incling of where the back of the net is.

To have some solid progress on the stadium fiasco as the club is currently without direction.

All the above I feel are reasonable and acheivable. Mid table will suit me fine

If the bottom of the table looks like this:

21 Latics

22 Bury

23 Rochdale

24 Tranmere

I won't be happy :wink:

It's false saying that playing in the JPT costs you money. It's an extra games revenue. It won't earn you as much as a league game but it still earns money and should be treated as competitive games.

We had Shrewsbury at home last season. Chaddy End closed. £5 adults, £2 senior citizens and u16s. Attendance 2703 of which 265 were away fans. Estimated income between £9000 and £11000. Possible prize money £5000. Out of that we have to pay for the electricity used, players appearance money, staff overtime etc. I doubt that there is any profit there.

This is a busy time of the season and extra midweek games and the possibility of injuries, bookings and possible sending offs, which may deprive us of players for league games, is not what the club needs.

We had Shrewsbury at home last season. Chaddy End closed. £5 adults, £2 senior citizens and u16s. Attendance 2703 of which 265 were away fans. Estimated income between £9000 and £11000. Possible prize money £5000. Out of that we have to pay for the electricity used, players appearance money, staff overtime etc. I doubt that there is any profit there.

This is a busy time of the season and extra midweek games and the possibility of injuries, bookings and possible sending offs, which may deprive us of players for league games, is not what the club needs.

What do we get of the gate money? Is it a third or 45%? Then that is of what? Do you subtract the costs beforehand or do we have to find the costs of that from our percentage?

It would explain why I'm sure Hardy once said that we've never made any money off any home LDV tie, including the semi-final against Blackpool? It seems to stick in the memory for the reason that it is ludicrous that we even enter such a competition. Hope for an away draw and then just knock in enough own goals to lose the game - and make it clear that they were meant as such. Just end this :censored: now. Do not tackle anyone at any point.

But who wouldn't want to win the JPT and have a day out at Wembley. Whether it be the FA Cup, League Cup Champions League or JPT a day out and a win at Wembley would be great regardless of the competition.

Look at the winners over the last 10 years or so. Stoke, Bristol City, Blackpool, Swansea, Doncaster and Southampton amongst have all gone on to better things.

If you only make money in the final then do what you must to get to the final!

But who wouldn't want to win the JPT and have a day out at Wembley. Whether it be the FA Cup, League Cup Champions League or JPT a day out and a win at Wembley would be great regardless of the competition.

Look at the winners over the last 10 years or so. Stoke, Bristol City, Blackpool, Swansea, Doncaster and Southampton amongst have all gone on to better things.

If you only make money in the final then do what you must to get to the final!

TV money and a share of the ticket sales and all the extra merchandice latics would sell, and if we win it we get abit for that too so its all worth it in the end.

Head says

Mid-table and avoiding relegation with 4 games to go. This then gives us time to sort out the stadium, secure investment and then progress during season 2012/13. Dickov's ambitious and I have all faith in him unearthing a few gems and getting the team playing well. However, the budget will constrain him massively.

Heart says

A JPT Final at Wembley - a day out for the fans; perhaps a resurgence of good old days and we add an extra 500-1000 per home game following the final up to end of the season.

The drugs say

Champions by Easter 2012 with Scholes chipping in with 15 goals from midfield. We lose out to Chelsea in the Semi-Final of the FA Cup after Scholes scores first, Torres equalises, Feeney takes us 2-1 up and Chelsea sneak through with a Sturridge double - the second on 93 minutes.

Presumably an own goal? After his performances this season Ancellotti must be on the phone bargaining with Dickov as we speak

Expectation: Relegation - just look at our record in 2011.

Ambition: Survival, another full season of Dickov, a club to support in 12 month's time, a team that's developed a proper game plan and identity that asks questions of our opponents and 4/5 great away days.

When I start getting seriously deluded, I'd love to see Jean-Yves, a goal poacher, someone who can put in a decent set piece and a guy who can boss it in the centre of the park but Dickov will do well to get any of the above. Poor bloke.

A Few other expectations that I didn't mention in my earlier post

- This will be the last season at Boundary Park and we will be starting 2012/2013 at Gigg Lane

- The new site for the stadium will be announced, met with opposition from local nimbys and Latics supporting yokels who still blindly refuse to accept anything other than a stand by stand redevelopment of Boundary Park

- Season ticket sales to be the same or just down on last year, although I think the average attendance will be up slightly

- I think we will progress a little further than we ususally do in the JPT.

JPT is a great competition.

A few grounds you've never been to and the possibility of a day out at Wembley.

And the money that goes to Latics!

I'm a great believer in taking the competition seriously, always have been. Especially as others don't.

I really do think the possibility of a Wembley final is exactly what the club needs.

The winners invariably go on to bigger and better things too - unless they're called Luton or Wrexham.