Happiest moment watching latics

following on from the Worst moment watching latics thread.

Mine has to be when Gaz Macs shot flew in against Everton !

Darren Beckford's winner at Burnden Park in FA Quarter Final against Bolton. I really believed at that point that we had a great chance of winning something......finally. No need to explain what happened after :mad:

In the words of Ian Marshall "I don't know, there's been so many!"

Possibly the final whistle of the Southampton Great Escape game, and my subsequent conga down Yorkshire Street after the game with Gunnar Halle leading the way at the front of the line.

Others in no particular order

Redfearn Pen

Everton FA Cup Gary Mc

1-2 Sharp brace Maine Rd

The mass football game in the sunshine on the services on the way to Wembley in '90

Leeds away NYD '08? Hazell's peach.

West Ham 6-0

Going visitng my bro in hospital (broken leg) and writng my 2-1 prediction on his cast before the Everton 2nd replay in the cup.

Going mental and running round the house like an idiot when Stitch headed the equaliser at Soton (I was only 15 at the time and couldn't go to the game).

I'm sure there are hundreds more, but they are the ones that really stick out.

McDonald at Everton

Vernon home to Citeh

Grimsby 6 - 0

Redfearn penalty Sheff Weds

4-3 Southampton

Ritchie equaliser at Southampton

1-0 Man Utd

Marshall hat trick at Wolves

Jim Fryatt - any and every goal he scored :blush:

The moment when Sigurd Rushfeldt the Norwegien International scored the goal which clinched the Champions Leaugue for Latics against Bayern Munich at the San Paulo Stadium Naples after we were reduced to 10 men following the sending off of the Scotland captain Mark Innes, but then I saved the game and went downstairs for my tea

of course in real life it's got to be Everton away 2008 or Man City in 2005 but I bet a lot of people will say the same thing :grin:

Edited by Tommy_Fent

The best WEEK of my life football wise has to be the Leeds away win; 3-0 & Reuben scored an absolute screamer & even old boy Andy Hughes got in on the act by scoring an Oggy for us; happy days.

Follow that up the next with a decimated side beating Premiership Everton at their own patch with another screamer of a goal from Gary Mac and well- it doesn’t get much better than that does it? *

.* Oh yeah – & Redfearn’s Penalty I suppose! :wink:

stockport away '03. Eyres free kick to give us a 2-1 victory. I was on the phone at the time to a mate describing the free kick itself, and when it flew in i went mental down the phone like one of them spanish commentators lol. By the way steve if you are reading this hope you are ok. Not spoken for ages

Darren Beckford's winner at Burnden Park in FA Quarter Final against Bolton. I really believed at that point that we had a great chance of winning something......finally. No need to explain what happened after :mad:

Incase you hadn't heard I got a high 5 off him whilst being crushed against the fence at the front of the terrace. :)

Happiest moment though was the 1-0 at home against United - the one time I've ever cried tears of joy. :blush:

when we dumped city out of the fa cup scott vernon come on when we scored i jumped up and punched the air with joy only to akwardly land on my mates foot and broke my ankle doh. i still went out that night though and rubbed all my city fan mates noses in it lol.

In the words of Ian Marshall "I don't know, there's been so many!"

Possibly the final whistle of the Southampton Great Escape game, and my subsequent conga down Yorkshire Street after the game with Gunnar Halle leading the way at the front of the line.

Others in no particular order

Redfearn Pen

Everton FA Cup Gary Mc

1-2 Sharp brace Maine Rd

The mass football game in the sunshine on the services on the way to Wembley in '90

Leeds away NYD '08? Hazell's peach.

West Ham 6-0

Going visitng my bro in hospital (broken leg) and writng my 2-1 prediction on his cast before the Everton 2nd replay in the cup.

Going mental and running round the house like an idiot when Stitch headed the equaliser at Soton (I was only 15 at the time and couldn't go to the game).

I'm sure there are hundreds more, but they are the ones that really stick out.

So many but here goes

My mum letting me go to my first night match as an 11 year old v Everton - Littlewoods Cup Replay Nov '88 (even though we lost 2-0)

Dancing round the kitchen when dad told me we were going to the Semi-Final at Maine Road - and the Dodger's late equaliser to level a cracker 3-3

Seeing 'ickle Oldham come out at Wembley in 1990. Even though I was only 13 the significance was not lost on me

19 goals in 4 home games Nov-Dec 1990 Watford 4-1, Brighton 6-1, Wolves 4-1, PLymouth 5-3

The Dodger's late winner v WBA - I knew we were going up after that

Listening to the Ipswich and Sheff Wed games on GMR (Ipswich I had no chance of going to but missing Sheff Wed was my own fault through thinking the title had gone and spending my paper round wages on the Boro game instead!!!! D'oh!!!)

Couldn't get tickets for Anfield but giving myself concussion when Earl scored, me and my dad singing easeee, easeee….!!!

Seeing the lads walk out as a first division players (Prem for Lee and the other kids :wink:) team for the first time three days later and battering Chelsea 3-0

The conga in the Platt Lane Lane End, great day!!!!

Milligan's goal v Everton

Marshall's late winner v Notts County

Brennan's goal v Chelsea

The point we stole from Goodison, "Scored twice in a brothel, scored twice in a brooooottttttttthhhhheeeeeellllllllll…"

Neil Adams' goal v Man U

The final whistle at Villa Park (:censored:ting myself on the Holte End, but the emotion just burst out at the end, then me and Scouselatic ran like fook!!!!)

Olney two in a minute v Liverpool

Stitch's header v Southampton

The final whistle v Southampton

Beckford's winners at Stoke and Bolton

Pointon's goal at wembley

The whole final day at Norwich - "We want Joe!!!!…."

5-2 v Charlton, we're going up as effin Champions….

McCarthy's hat-trick at our graveyard meadow Lane

Battering Wolves 4-1 Boxing Day '94

"You're :censored: and you stink of Fish" Grimsby Christmas '94

McCarthy ripping Stubbs' a new one v Bolton W3-1

Johnny Eyres' first goal in an end of season draw at Oakwell May '95

Battering Hudds 3-0 on the opening day '95

The 4-0 and two ogs v Brum

Winning 3-1 at Vale easter Monday '96

The bear playing in goal and keeping out Wolves

The that kept us up v Stoke - Creaney's backheel

First win of the season v Vale Oct '96

The win at QPR March '97

Tipton's late winner v Rectum

3-0 demolition of Blackpool Jan '99

Stitch's cast-offs winning at Citeh, what a day!!!!

Shez's crafty early free-kick setting us on our way to come from a goal down v Bristol Rovers and win 2-1 April '99

Holty's late winner v Rectum April '99

Beaver's winner for 10 man Latics v Stoke May '99

Final Day v Reading

Allott's goal v Bury

Whitehall's winner v Millwall Nov '99

Dux at the JCB Jan '00

Suggy's equaliser that relegated the Lashers April '00

Carlo's 4 v Rectum

4-2 v Northampton, 4-0 v Bury and 4-1 v Notts County in the first 6 home games of 01-02 yet Stitch was still sacked

Fac Win at Hull

The Chrimbo double at Blackpool and Northampton

Eyresy's goal v Bournemouth when he beat about 6

Eyresy's FK v Brighton

Clyde's 4 v Mansfield

4-0 v Hudds

10 man win 1-0 at Swindon

Win at Derby

Come from 2-0 down to draw at Plymouth (Waynoooo)

West Ham in League Cup Away 1-0

The two Chrimbo away wins at Tranny and Crewe

Missing Tony Carss equaliser at Wycombe, down to ten men and me still going fookin' mental!!!

Eyresy at Stockport

Fitz Hall last minute at Field Mill

Wayno's two late goals at Northampton

Wayne Andrew's first minute at the JCB

Eyresy's FK v QPR in the Play Offs

Muzza bagging our first goal of the season after admin

O'Halloran's late, late winner

Eyresy's late FK v Vale - live on tv

Post Dowie win v QPR

Ernie at Grimsby

Celebration Sunday

WInning at Bristol City in Talbot's 1st away game

Battering Plymouth 4-1

THAT Win at Swindon

Carnival at Notts County, Deano, Deano

2-0 down v Walsall to 4-2 up in a blink of an eye, winning 5-3 August '04

Cracking win at Bradford

Late, late show v Baaaarrnnssley

Kilkenny and Croft and Killen Nov - Dec 2004 1-0, 3-2, 3-1, 3-1, 4-0, 4-1, 2-1…..

Doing CITEH AGAIN…zzzzzzzzzz

Beckett scoring v Luton, a striker's goal - sniffed out the chance

Pogs on the final day v Bradford

Lidds FK at Swindon W3-1

Lidds turn and volley v Chesterfield W4-1

Mark Hughes v Bristol City

Beckett's late, late brace v Gills Jan '06

Battering Forest 3-0 on Valentine's Day '06

Butcher's late, late winner v Col U

Beckett's hat-trick v The Lashers

Malongo's winner v Swansea and Howarth's pen save from Fat Arse LT10

CHarlton v Gills

The win at Cheltenham

Porter's late double v Bradford

Twatting Forest 5-0

Chris Hall at Wolves

Macca at Scunny

The late winner v Trannies

Swansea - what a day!!!

Lidds stunner at Brighton

Davies last minute v Swansea

KK's winner v Crewe

Macca at Goodison

A young Smalley and Lewi destroying Carlisle

3-0 canter at Vale

4-1 supershow at Crewe

Comeback v Millwall

Rubes winner at Tranmere

the 3-3 at Hartlepool, what a game!

Joe's comeback, (Pre-game only)

Notts County at Home - football was back!!!

Hudds W1-0 (The human wrecking ball)

Daggers great day out

Hartlepool (H) the day it all came together

I know i've gone on a bit there but I think I might have just talked myself into signing that renewal form….. :grin::ranting:

Edited by oafcprozac

The best WEEK of my life football wise has to be the Leeds away win; 3-0 & Reuben scored an absolute screamer & even old boy Andy Hughes got in on the act by scoring an Oggy for us; happy days.

Follow that up the next with a decimated side beating Premiership Everton at their own patch with another screamer of a goal from Gary Mac and well- it doesn’t get much better than that does it? *

it's got to be. 3-0 up at elland road at half time and then 1 up at everton at half time 4 days later. that week will be hard to beat for me and football.

they obviously top it but latics winning the johnstones paint trophy in 2012 might come close

Aside from those already mentioned (or with a personal twist):

Everytime I came down in the morning to find my Dad had recorded the highlights with a intruiging message in the season of our cup runs.

Beating Everton 2-0 at BP, with a typical poachers finish from Lord Rodger.

Ian Olney's last minute winner against Spurs Dec 92, in fact the entire day.

The day after beating Man U (as it was a school night I wasn't old enough to go).

Dickov scoring 2 in the last 10 minutes at Highbury to keep us up.

Being 4-0 up against Bury after 50 or so minutes and thinking what a good day I was going to have in school, in Bury, the next day.

Starting the "We are top of the league" chant in the Lookers after Tranmere at home in Feb 07 (or at least claiming credit for it).

Oh when the Blues making the stand shake at Molineux after the cup game.

The entire day for Crewe (a) last game of the season.

Brooke's wonder goal at St.James', me, OS and three other Latics fans going nuts in a stand full of "Toon army"

Beating Man U at BP 1-0 in 93’ was very special. I thought I would never see us do that.

Otherwise, I think Everton, after all the hidings we have given to big teams over the years in the cup, I just thought that the percentages were stacked against us and to win by such a blinding goal was all the better.

Beckford’s goal V Bolton 94

Wembley 1990 apart from the result.

Beating Citeh and Everton have got to be up there. The 3-0 away at Huddersfield as well, fantastic day. What could have been :(

Also, watching Eyresey and Shez play for us. There's not been too many great players at Latics during my time as a supporter, but as a youngster those two were fantastic to watch.

Did we once stay up on the last day of the season beating Reading 2 - 0?? Or have I made that up? Maybe other results went our way anyway but I remember being extremely happy with keeping in this divsion

I think that was one of the happiest along with the usual recent scalps from the Premier League!

Ok so along with all the ones already mentioned above, one that sticks in my mind is Sunday 12th October 2008, Hereford United at home.

The previous match we'd played away at Stockport on the Friday night and lost 3-1, the first time we'd lost in the league that season. Not impressed, rubbish display, no leg room and at 9 months pregnant I was massively uncomfortable all night and couldn't even have a pint!!! The week that followed was a rollercoaster of emotions and I won't bore you with the details but as I stood in the special care baby unit at Oldham I looked out of the windows and promised my baby that one day I would take him across the road to Boundary Park.

So at the grand old age of 8 days, having been discharged and with the sun shining, we wrapped him up and took him to his first game. I think he slept through our 4-0 win but at least I'd kept my promise!!!!

Did we once stay up on the last day of the season beating Reading 2 - 0?? Or have I made that up? Maybe other results went our way anyway but I remember being extremely happy with keeping in this divsion

I think that was one of the happiest along with the usual recent scalps from the Premier League!

Innes scored a belter that day, I think.