AFC Wimbledon

Got to say I am really pleased they have got back in to the league. While I thought they were not a very well supported club, getting similar gates to our attendances now while even in the Premiership, I am so glad they are back. They have been to hell and back after the wankers who owned their club moved them 60 odd miles away.

Agreed LL.

Do you remember the AFC Wimbledon fan who came into the Chaddy End When we had to beat MK Dons to relegate them. I think under Ronniesaurus (could be wrong).

There he was, as large as life with his AFCW shirt on and just gave us all a big smile. He got a great reception from the Latics fans.

It was areal football fan moment. Good luck to them. I wonder what happened to that AFCW fan?

Agreed LL.

Do you remember the AFC Wimbledon fan who came into the Chaddy End When we had to beat MK Dons to relegate them. I think under Ronniesaurus (could be wrong).

There he was, as large as life with his AFCW shirt on and just gave us all a big smile. He got a great reception from the Latics fans.

It was areal football fan moment. Good luck to them. I wonder what happened to that AFCW fan?

I sit in the Main Stand so dont remember him but talked to a few of them in the Clayton Arms before the game! :censored: what has happened to them, so I have always wished them well since! Great to see them back!

I sit in the Main Stand so dont remember him but talked to a few of them in the Clayton Arms before the game! :censored: what has happened to them, so I have always wished them well since! Great to see them back!

Same here. Chuffed they are up!

All that's needed now is for AFCW to be promoted / Dongs relegated so the REAL Wimbledon can give Winkleman's lot the pasting they deserve season after next. Failing that, Dongs relegated twice in succession back to the Conference where they belong (and keep going down from there) and AFCW keep going up. Now, that would be justice.

Welcome back, you deserve it.

Agreed LL.

Weren't there a few of them who had come up to watch it? was talking about it with my mate the other day.

Not had any help since the horrible events to happen to the club and put my name on the list of people hoping they meet in the near future and turn them over in the franchise' stadium!

I must one of few who doesn't really give a :censored: about AFC Wimbledon. Yes, what happened with the Dongs was a disgrace and I sympathised with their fans but now AFC are just another team, who have enjoyed promotion after promotion, and who will no doubt be climbing above us in the next few years.

I must one of few who doesn't really give a :censored: about AFC Wimbledon. Yes, what happened with the Dongs was a disgrace and I sympathised with their fans but now AFC are just another team, who have enjoyed promotion after promotion, and who will no doubt be climbing above us in the next few years.

I am similar. Congratulations - well done. And now - bothered. I hope they dont go up, just another long one to go to (assuming we stay up next season)

FCUM are different. I say fair do to them for what they have done, but their club were formed cos they spat their dummy out. The fact they still want the united connections is what annoys me. Fair play for giving it a go - but its a different team.

Once Wimbledon make it into the league, which they now have - No good will whatsoever. Just looked at as another side who'll play & probably end up beating us.

FCUM are different. I say fair do to them for what they have done, but their club were formed cos they spat their dummy out. The fact they still want the united connections is what annoys me. Fair play for giving it a go - but its a different team.

Once Wimbledon make it into the league, which they now have - No good will whatsoever. Just looked at as another side who'll play & probably end up beating us.

100%

FCUM and AFCW are polar opposites in my view.

Completely agree, just another team. I stopped caring a few years ago about both AFCW and MKD. I would rather Luton would have gone up, as I now have another ground to tick off the list

In the 80s and early 90s whilst in their 'pomp', your general footie fan hated everything about Wimbledon - the style of football, the aggression, Dave Bassett, Denis wise, Vinnie Jones, Eric Young, Lawrie Sanchez, John Fashanu, Permed up Gibson et al (bunch of footballing thugs) (remember Jobbos jaw Fash??) the small club mentality etc....

And now we're glad to see them back?? Bollocks!

In the 80s and early 90s whilst in their 'pomp', your general footie fan hated everything about Wimbledon - the style of football, the aggression, Dave Bassett, Denis wise, Vinnie Jones, Eric Young, Lawrie Sanchez, John Fashanu, Permed up Gibson et al (bunch of footballing thugs) (remember Jobbos jaw Fash??) the small club mentality etc....

And now we're glad to see them back?? Bollocks!

Agree about the 'in their pomp' side - disliked them intensely. But the story of how the current Wimbledon club has fought it's way back into the league is surely an inspiration to all? I welcome them back but will treat them as I would any other side if we get to play them.

Yes it is nice to see them do well but I think that it is a bit overstated sometimes. I for one think the owners of MKdons could have actually done Wimbledon a favour. Why? Because if they didn't move the club, Wimbledon would have probably have gone out of business and I don't think AFC would have had the same enthusiasm to get into the league.