Matt Smith non-League Striker signs

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he never settled at Droylsden during his short spell there, the Bloods played a pass and move game and probably didn't use him to best advantage.

IMO he needs a lot of work on his mobility, but with full time training that could come. It wouldn't surprise me if after a while he converts to centre back.

Well done though to PD for giving him a chance.

Just a whisper, but Smith may not be the only non league player I have seen recently who may be joining the Latics.

Little bird tells me we're in for Droylsden winger Luke Holden?

Luke Holden

Edited by oafcprozac

Keep reading this about Reid "He needs fitness "

What can he do in 3 months pre-season that he couldn't do in 5 months he has been here ??

The guy doesn't look interested and if he really wanted to impress he would have been fit before he arrived and if not at least look interested to get fit when he was here.

Think he accepted Latics deal because nobody else was interested , but obviously PD sees something in him.

Love him to prove me wrong but i wont lose any sleep over having to write an apology.

ask any footballer and they'll tell you what a player can do in 3 months during pre-season that they can't during 5 months in middle of the season. pre-season is about fitness, fitness, fitness and a bit more fitness mainly, where in middle of season it all tactical work etc..