Sheff U

Sheff W

Stevenage

Tranmere

Walsall

Wycombe

Yeovil

---------------

So we have a league next year consisting of 12 northern teams (14 if you include walsall and Notts C), and two new grounds for the regular away followers.

Best league we have had in terms of derbies and local games since the Ritchie era

Also think colchester, possibly bournemouth will be hovering around the relegation pack. We always seem to get one team who made the playoffs the season before getting relegated, Swindon being this years example, same with monkey hangers in the past

my top 6 without knowing of any signing's or departures would probably be...

1. Sheff Utd

2. Hudds (although they will most likely :censored: it up yet again)

3. Scunny

4. PNE

5. MK Franchise

6. Charlton

think we'll have a steady average season but hope PD will get a good mix in and throw us into the playoff hat.

My top 6 is only a bit of fun. Will probably be easier when we hear who's leaving who.

Stevenage, Charlton, Exeter, Brentford and the ever-awesome trip to Leyton. That'll do.

I recall nothing but pain and despair from Leyton. Oh, and some gob:censored:e arguing with the stewards... ring any bells? Ha!

Good times ahead this year - delighted at what happened to Huddersfield.

Based on last season end i would back

1. Huddersfield

2. Preston

3. Sheff United

Think like most teams Sheff United will win there opening league but have a rocky spell, getting use to playing a smaller grounds, being a cup final for most teams. I fancy Preston to go straight back up with Phil Broww did not to a bad job when he took over.

Sheff Weds will be around there but fancy Megson to get the chop first if they start bad and wanting to finish above Sheff United.

As for relegation am going for

21. Stevenage

22. Hartlepool

23. Yeovil

24. Wycombe

As for Stevenage alot of fans on this forum from League 2 do not seem to like them much. Accused of playing long ball but read the comments yourself.

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php/275096-Welcome-Stevenage/page2

As for Stevenage alot of fans on this forum from League 2 do not seem to like them much. Accused of playing long ball but read the comments yourself.

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php/275096-Welcome-Stevenage/page2

Read 'em. It's funny how the Stevenage fan comes off well and the others sound bitter, twisted and a little bit pathetic.

How can people assume Preston will be up the top? In huge financial difficulties and more likely to be a Plymouth?

As a North End fan just want to say this isn't correct. It's true we have to get the wage bill down (it was £11m at one point), but our only debts are to our owner who bought the club to stop it from going under 12 months ago. He'd been discretely funding some stupid spending excesses (eg 500k for Trotman) under the awful Alan Irvine, and stepped in when the proverbial hit the fan. There's no prospect of administration or anything like that, the whole point is to steady the ship.

It won't be easy, but having watched a lot of league one footy (I get to around 14 Latics games a season, done a couple at Rochdale this year too) I'd say something would have to go fairly badly amiss for us not to be challenging for top six at least. We're likely to sell Andy Lonergan, Sean St Ledger, Paul Parry, Darel Russell, and Paul Hayes as they're on BIG wages, but we'd only really miss St Ledger out of that lot. We may lose Keith Treacy too, and Billy Jones has already gone, but we've a crop of very good youngsters coming through, and we're nowhere near as financially crippled as Sheff Utd will be. I'm more positive about the coming season than I have been about one for years and years.

I think Preston will definitely be in the chasing pack, along with Sheff Wed, Charlton, MK, Huddersfield, and even Sheff U for all their troubles. In some ways would you not think relegation for Preston would be a blessing in disguise/kick up the arse they need, in order to get rid of the dead wood and players on big money?

Going off the recent trend, we should see one Championship relegatee win the promotion either through play-offs or automatic champions or otherwise, Preston. One side will stuggle to return and spend a few years at this level this will be Sheff United and Scunthorpe will finish towards relegation zone they are not the side they were last time. As for other contenders I would say Huddersfield will be hurting come the start of the season, it the second time on the trot they have hit the self detonation button when in an important situation, they will finish outside play-offs. Leyton Orient seem to be on a high and could well finish in play-offs, MK Dons are cutting their budget (who isn't) but will still be a force to be rekoned with. Rochdale seem set to lose their manager, assistant and their two best players I fear for their Leaue 1 saftey. I'm hoping we can finish in top 6 but that seems unrealistic so I'd take a season similar to this but with a cup run or two and a better ending.

Surely that is the odds for winning the league. That doesn't mean we're 3rd favourites for relegation, just 3rd least likely to win the league.

i think hudds could be the new bristol always in the plays off - tuff team to play but always going to bottle it.

I think we should be OK, if we can add a bit more quality and dont disintergrate in the 2nd half of the season finish somewhere like 8th to 12 would be a decent season for us. Actually if we start like we did last season we should be looking at top 6 but maybe that was a fluke.

Think sheff united will struggle another of the so called big teams with financial trouble with players on big wages thinking they are too good for this level. Its happend to Leeds and Forrest and Wednesday it normally takes a season or two of stablization before the bigger gates and financial power pull them out of the mire. Id say top half finishes for both United and Preston maybe plays offs if they do well.

THink dale will be Ok but they will to get someone to find the net for them and we all know how difficult that can be

wycombe and steveange not sure how they will do - could be a close league again

Surely that is the odds for winning the league. That doesn't mean we're 3rd favourites for relegation, just 3rd least likely to win the league.

Not being a betting expert, I know enough that give or take the minor difference, the favourites for relegation would be the virtually the same table, but inverted.

For the record, I fancy Udders to win, Sheff Weds to finish second. PNE will not bounce straight back up. Anyone could finish in the play offs, but there aren't enough positive noises coming from BP in terms of budget and signings etc for myself that we'll stay up.

Not being a betting expert, I know enough that give or take the minor difference, the favourites for relegation would be the virtually the same table, but inverted.

For the record, I fancy Udders to win, Sheff Weds to finish second. PNE will not bounce straight back up. Anyone could finish in the play offs, but there aren't enough positive noises coming from BP in terms of budget and signings etc for myself that we'll stay up.

so far, based on what we have at the momeny, and assuming we dont become overly burdened with injuries, I think we will stay up but will spend the majority of our season looking over our shoulders rather than chasing the playoff pack. However, I reserve the right to change that prediction depending on who else stays and who goes.

If I had to make a prediction now, I would say four from Stevenage, Wycombe, Walsall, Us, Rochdale, Bury, Tranmere. would not surprise me either if Bournemouth struggled as we always seem to get a playoff team struggling or getting relegated the season after (eg Swindon, Hartlepool )