Morais, Evina and Hazell

Contracts offered on 9th May, over four weeks ago. Ok they've been on their Jollies etc…but still no indication. How long do we give them before we move on?

I'd still try our hardest to be flexible with Morais ,as for the other 2 id give them an ultimatum soon

Contracts offered on 9th May, over four weeks ago. Ok they've been on their Jollies etc…but still no indication. How long do we give them before we move on?

Wouldnt give them much longer but maybe there are some negotiationg going on with them.

We cant afford to wait another x weeks to find out that they are not signing.

Would like to see him sign for another 12 months but got a feeling Hazell will be off to Chesterfirld

You can be as sure as hell we will be looking to sign up unemployed players 30 seconds before the deadline, is it that unfair that players will also look around at what is on offer before signing? The offers might be well below what they hoped for, i would almost hope they were in the current climate.

Keeping Rubes is a must for me, he may not be the best CB at this level, but He's the most senior and experienced member of a very young squad! He knows how the club works, all the staff and what the expectations are ect.

Keeping Rubes is a must for me, he may not be the best CB at this level, but He's the most senior and experienced member of a very young squad! He knows how the club works, all the staff and what the expectations are ect.

Would have to disagree with that. I think Rubes could easilly be replaced. I think keeping MVoto should be much more of a priority

TBH I'd let Hazell go, especially if he is stalling for more money.

I can't believe we couldn't get a replacement with similar experience and more ability for what he must be costing us.

I can't believe we couldn't get a replacement with similar experience and more ability for what he must be costing us.

we already have replacements,tarky for one...him n mvoto in the centre back....

hazell on his day is without doubt good,but he loses concentration too often and tries to dribble it out of trouble rather than take the easy option...

Well if it was me I'd have said "end of May I'll assume you're not signing and be looknig to get someone else in".

Having a squad together for a full pre-season is a positive.

Dickov on holiday, players also maybe.

Calm down dear.

without looking at the very latest free transfers:

Andy Frampton?

Richard Naylor?

Rob Edwards?

Scott Cuthbert?........

I'd be now at the stage of looking to give a deadline to the players offered deals. I think it's massively important to have the squad shaping up from now onwards - certainly I'd want a large bulk of the squad to train together as soon as pre-season starts. If they are stalling to have a look at other options; that's their prerogative; but we shouldn’t be held to ransom or kept waiting either. If they stall too long; we should move on IMO.

There are simply loads & loads of free transfers available; with players having a pretty simple decision - to sign up for a club who wants you and has put an offer to you; or take your chances to find a better offer........and that could go one of 2 ways from them couldn’t it?

I watched an interview with Silverton, the Yeovil manager, and he stated that he will not be making the same mistake he made last season (his 1st as a manager), allowing players time to accept new contracts. He said, the obvious really, that their agents were offering them to other clubs, trying to get better deals than those already on the table. Only allowing them to sign when there was nothing better elsewhere. He said that this season, there would be a deadline of 2 weeks for players to accept new contracts, after that time the offers would be withdrawn.

I watched an interview with Silverton, the Yeovil manager, and he stated that he will not be making the same mistake he made last season (his 1st as a manager), allowing players time to accept new contracts. He said, the obvious really, that their agents were offering them to other clubs, trying to get better deals than those already on the table. Only allowing them to sign when there was nothing better elsewhere. He said that this season, there would be a deadline of 2 weeks for players to accept new contracts, after that time the offers would be withdrawn.

Our offers should have expired on June 1st, shake hands, wish them luck and move on. It's obvious Morais' agent is touting him around given how long it took him to sign the deal last season. Hazell's 33 this coming season and he will do well to get two years anywhere. Evina might get a good offer elsewhere but there's a 100 Evina's in the PL ressies and yoofs.

Edited by oafcprozac

Yeah i agree he can teach them how to fook up etc and when you do fook up its ok becuase your the oldest player on the pitch...............

Dickov on holiday, players also maybe.

Calm down dear.

Alan Hardy handles contract signings. Dickov doesn't need to be here for renewals….can't see hazell taking his kids out of school for a month either

Edited by oafcprozac

I spoke to Morais at the fans game and he said he already had a contact for next season !! maybe it was part of the original deal ?

The least replaceable of the lot. Especially if Taylor goes at some point.

I think Hazell is decent, but is very replaceable. I think Evina is unbelievably replaceable. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad player, but we can replace him without spending a penny if Black signs. Even then...