Hazell joins Shrews'

In the last few years they've had Lomax, Jacobson, Hazell, Dean Holden, danny Hall.

If we played a combined Chesterfield/Shrews team it could be quite a reunion.

I think Joe Jacobsen signed for them yesterday too

Good luck to Rubes. Thought he was a decent centre back, contrary what lots thought of him. Will do well at that level.

He'll do very well in League Two, top of League Two, bottom half of League One is his level, but if I had a choice between JVM and Rubes - it's a no-brainer. You can see oppo strikers :censored:ting themselves just shaking his hand before kick off...

Excellent signing for shrewsbury, and might have a couple of quid on them for the title next year.......

Best of Luck Hazell, was one of my fav players

I'm delighted his left. I purposely didn't buy a new ST when we offered him a deal. The day after he left I bought a new one albeit more pricey than last term.

Ex-Oldham defender Reuben Hazell joins Shrewsbury Town

Hazell started his career with Aston Villa Former Oldham captain Reuben Hazell has joined Shrewsbury after offering his services to manager Graham Turner.

The 32 year-old decided he wanted to play for the Shrews after watching their play-off defeat against Torquay last season.

"I phoned Graham Turner and spoke to him about watching the play-off game," he told BBC Radio Shropshire.

"I thought they needed more experience and I thought of myself."

He added: "Ian Sharps was injured and a young lad came on, it stuck in my mind."

Very proactive. Good for him.

wish Rubes well, I won't miss his usual one bad judgement call per game which leads to goals sometimes. Mybe he just thought given PD's mind set towards young players he wouldn't cut it at BP much longer and sort pastures new. Good servant for the club whilst here.

He was a good servant to the latics but not sure why people still rate him so highly after he made so many errors last season. Mvoto covered for him so much and is twice the player. I liked hazell but last season he was a liability