New Signings Imminent

His injury proneness would worry me. Other than that I'd take him back. I understand why others would hate to see him turn out for us, but I'd see it as a chance for him to earn back the respect he lost for the way he left last time.

Mixed reaction from me personally. He is a good striker, and when fit will score, but he cost us hundreds of thousands. If true, i think Corney & Hardy may be having a few words..

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have him back in an instance hope the messenger is correct!!

If we could get him fit he would rip this league a new arse hole - his prolific spell here was no flash in the pan as he was equally as good for Motherwell. He'll always be a :censored:-house for what he did but he is a quality striker at this level….

Mixed reaction from me personally. He is a good striker, and when fit will score, but he cost us hundreds of thousands. If true, i think Corney & Hardy may be having a few words..

They shouldn't. If they're looking to sign him, they need to treat it as water under the bridge.

I don't think Corney and co would look at Porter again. With his injury record, it's probably for the best.

I just remembered his winner against Tranmere which Chris Hall tried to claim. I couldn't be at the game 'cause I was hammered with Uni exams but I remember having Sky Sports News on and going ape :censored: around my flat and it's probably my most celebrated Latics goals without being at the game. It was the goal that sent us top of the league.

All was well and good until we were 1-0 up against Millwall at home..... :(

Corney would not have him back after the promises he made, it was a very vocal outburst from the club. The only time I can remember off the top of my head that the club has openly critised a departing player.

Killen didn't get it easy either!

any clues? or are you simply speaking your own mind here....

No clues mate, as I stated P.D. does not want names put on boards like this for all the world to see, but believe me if he gets this striker there will be a lot of happy Oldham fans, believe me.

No clues mate, as I stated P.D. does not want names put on boards like this for all the world to see, but believe me if he gets this striker there will be a lot of happy Oldham fans, believe me.

could you at least tell us if we would be getting him permanently (fee or free?) and what league is his club currently in/last club?

Corney would not have him back after the promises he made, it was a very vocal outburst from the club. The only time I can remember off the top of my head that the club has openly critised a departing player.

Chris Killen?

Corney throws hissy fits all the time.

Quite right. No clues whatsoever.

We'll know if you were right.

Howwever, is it likely to be the signing earlier in the week or later (ie are things well progressed or still a long way to go)

And is it the same player as was mentioned about 4 weeks ago?

Kevin Lisbie.

i'd put him in the Steve Howard, Marcus Bent and Feeney bracket - no thanks.

i worry more about our midfield than our strikers - no matter who we have up front they aint gonna get 1 goal betweene them with no service.

Morais and Taylor can create, but Furman isn't a creator - we need a couple of decent CM's to boost us.

We shall see, but i know who i'd take over Porter or Lisbie given the chance.

Edited by shefflatic