New Signings Imminent

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will he now become the number 2 keeper and save a wage ?

If it means we add strength and quality in another area I think it's a risk worth taking. We've a young fit keeper on board, though we've not seen him yet and being young doesn't always mean injuries are avoided, but I'd go with Gerrard as back up.

Edited by Lags

If it means we add strength and quality in another area I think it's a risk worth taking. We've a young fit keeper on board, though we've not seen him yet and being young doesn't always mean injuries are avoided, but I'd go with Gerrard as back up.

Can only see Gerrard as back up on the bench on matchday - used due to injury

if we have to do without the first choice keeper for more than that then we would loan someone in

Gerrard is too old and injury prone to be anumber 2 which is why I think we are looking for someone else even if its a youngster

Edited by palmer1

4 weeks later.......lol

3rd June that was announced…it may happen sooner than you think……39 days later……nothing…..at the end of the day, what we're offering can be offered anywhere and improved upon. Whilst i'm pleased with the signings of Smith, M'Voto and Cisak we have signed three kids, adding to a squad of kids. Even the 'senior' players are still kids like Furman and Lee. The only experience we have is Taylor and Feeney. If we don't add quality and experience we are going to struggle.

Our first choice XI as it stands

Cisak - Played 22 First team games

Lee - About to start his SECOND Full season as a first-teamer

M'Voto - Third full season, but his first two seasons were badly disrupted by injury

Tarky - First full season

Black - Second full season

Taylor - The one experienced head that is likely to play week in week out

Furman - Third full season after previous loan spells

Winchester - In reality should still be playing for the youth team

Morais - After living the life of a hobo is likely to play more games for us than anyone else

Feeney - The most experienced player we have, but how likely is he be to play?

Reid - Still a kid in reality, never settled, loan spells here and there and ONE full season with Rotherham

Anyone who sees that and is not worried needs help, I know PD is trying to bring players in but looking at the other squads in League One, even with additions here and there we are going to struggle….If you think we are going to be challenging this year even with our super-duper imminent signings, you are going to be sorely disappointed. When you at how the traditional strugglers of Orient (last season apart) and Brentford have strengthened, Yeovil have signed one or two decent players etc… then we need to get our arse in gear. Has PD aimed too high? (Nowt wrong with that - but you have to be realistic. We got lucky with M'Voto that he nailing a local bird)

I know there's time yet - 3 1/2 weeks, but if you want to work on shape etc… we need to bringing these players in sooner rather than later. I'm panicking because I think teams around our level in the lower reaches of the League are leaving us behind….

Edited by oafcprozac

Been doing the rounds for a week or so. It was started on football-rumours, so may another Royle Army/Mendism or maybe Paddy's bored :censored:less again….

I didn't mention it on here because i heard it from the same person who told me amos was re-signing on loan and that has yet to materialise (and i very much doubt It will) but on the other hand the told me mvoto would re-sign.

Edited by c.hill12

These ere signings………they weren't that fookin' imminent were they?

you really do have a downer on everything latics dont you....

of course these are not the signings talked about...patience is a virtue......have a bit of faith ffs....