Blackburn Today

Looks like we played two game in tandem at Blackburn's training ground this morning.

There is a brief summary on the Blackburn Official site.

Rovers Games

On yer bike. I once got stopped for speeding on a tandem going down the hill past the old gas works between Greenfield and Mossley.

Edited by Dave_Og

So the latics team that won seemed like our strongest with the likes of furman, lee, black, smith, taylor, cisak! And were up against a strong blackburn side! Positive!

Apart from M'Voto who played in the dicking, having said that it takes him a while to get going! Looks like as it stands PD fancies the Smith/Reid partnership...

I have just spoken to a contact I have who works at the Blackburn Academy and watched the 1..0 game.

He was suprised at how well we moved and passed the ball "for a first division club" and was generally very complimentary.

He was well impressed with the gangly centre forward who he reckons scored a pearler with a turn and top corner finish giving Robinson no chance. He also says he was a handful all morning and murdered Samba in the air!

He didnt recognise too many of our players (only knows Premier League :shock: ) but recognised Cisak from his Leicester Academy days. Says he was steady and was always well thought of in his Youth Team days. Reckons he can go onto play at a high level.

Also recognised a young trialist keeper who played much of the game we won. Was surprised to see him apparently trialling with us as he reckons he was one of the best keepers in his age group when he was recently with a Premier League club and had been on the radar of some top clubs. He said he was very good today and made an outstanding double save. He gave me a name and club he was at but as name dropping apparently attracts club bollockings I will leave it off and see if he surfaces in the next couple of games. :o

All in all it sounds as though things are progressing well.