Sean Gregan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know how you can say that.......he was one of the best defenders ever to wear the blue shirt and we got him for nothing.... If it wasn't for Gregan we would have been playing 2nd div football last season, he kept us up on his own!!

I really don't know how you can say that.......he was one of the best defenders ever to wear the blue shirt and we got him for nothing.... If it wasn't for Gregan we would have been playing 2nd div football last season, he kept us up on his own!!

Maybe one of the best in the time you have watched the club but nowhere near one of the best ever

Very good signing for the 3 years(?) we had him at the end of his career , who a lot of people where wrongly glad to see released at first by Penney because he shouted at team mates boo hoo

Once again people going OTT, he is not a Oldham legend FFS

Maybe one of the best in the time you have watched the club but nowhere near one of the best ever

Very good signing for the 3 years(?) we had him at the end of his career , who a lot of people where wrongly glad to see released at first by Penney because he shouted at team mates boo hoo

Once again people going OTT, he is not a Oldham legend FFS

Been watching latics since 1960 and would be in my top ten centre backs!

Fair enough but he was ageing 3rd division defender who don’t get me wrong was a good player for us

But it wasn’t like he had completion for places with Hazell

Top 10? If we are talking about service to Oldham and nowhere else then there’s got to be better IMO

Fair enough but he was ageing 3rd division defender who don’t get me wrong was a good player for us

But it wasn’t like he had completion for places with Hazell

Top 10? If we are talking about service to Oldham and nowhere else then there’s got to be better IMO

Top 10 Centre-Halves in my time (from November '86)

1. Kevin Moore

2. Richard Jobson

3. Earl Barrett

4. Craig Fleming

5. Andy Holden

6. Sean Gregan

7. Steve Redmond

8. Fitz Hall

9. Simon Webster

10. Clint Hill

Edited by oafcprozac

1. Kevin Moore

2. Richard Jobson

3. Earl Barrett

4. Craig Fleming

5. Andy Holden

6. Sean Gregan

7. Steve Redmond

8. Fitz Hall

9. Simon Webster

10. Clint Hill

Warhurst?

Linighan?

Edited by palmer1

Seriously? I now value all other comments from you pure and utter :censored:e

1. Kevin Moore

2. Richard Jobson

3. Earl Barrett

4. Craig Fleming

5. Andy Holden

6. Sean Gregan

7. Steve Redmond

8. Fitz Hall

9. Simon Webster

10. Clint Hill

150 times better than Sean Gregan

Seriously? I now value all other comments from you pure and utter :censored:e

And your next comment was...Clint HIll and Fitz Hall are 150 times better than Gregan......Are you still at primary school by any chance?

He didn't make much of a good start kendal got beat 7-1 !!

he didnt play

KENDAL: Dootson, Winters (Moss, 61), Wisdom, Fitzgerald, Joseph, Blakeman, Donnelly, Bell (Kilifin, 46), Taylor (Ward, 69), Dunn, Williams.

Unused Subs: Baines, Ross, Shaw, Newton.

And your next comment was...Clint HIll and Fitz Hall are 150 times better than Gregan......Are you still at primary school by any chance?

At OAFC these 2 were miles better, look where they have gone onto, Gregan only stood out because the rest were a load of :censored:e around him. He had one mediocre season. He wouldnt have got a sniff at the starting 11 of the Dowie playoff season.

At OAFC these 2 were miles better, look where they have gone onto, Gregan only stood out because the rest were a load of :censored:e around him. He had one mediocre season. He wouldnt have got a sniff at the starting 11 of the Dowie playoff season.

Gregan had played at a consistantly higher lever than Fitz and Hill before he came to Latics

he moved to us because age and weight was catching up with him

In his pomp (granted it was elsewhere) but he was arguably a better player than those 2

captain of west brom playing in midfiled in the premiership (probaly during the dowie playoff season!)

Edited by palmer1

1. Kevin Moore

2. Richard Jobson

3. Earl Barrett

4. Craig Fleming

5. Andy Holden

6. Sean Gregan

7. Steve Redmond

8. Fitz Hall

9. Simon Webster

10. Clint Hill

Craig Fleming is one of my favourite Latics players of all time Prozac. I started going in '89 and I can't remember many better out and out defenders...